The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Gentry

News article

Hi.

I have found an article cover here:http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5127sdt_s.jpg

Someone can tranlate it please.

All article on the ritva's site: http://www.ritva.com/tidningar.htm

Thank you very much

Old 09-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

It says:

Will the love survive the long separation
Carl Philip leaves Emma

And inside they don't say that they've broken up, but they are wondering if their relationship will cope with him going to spend some time in Washington DC this autumn, and her staying in Stockholm... They also write that there was some kind of "incident" (quarrel) at Solliden this past summer, but that they apparently worked it out.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Gentry

article

Thank you very much GrandDuchess. I hope they stay together because they are so cut.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Nobility

Well at least the quarrel wasn't over something stupid like fighting over a pet or whatever but that can be possiable too.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

This past Saturday, 9 September, Prince Carl Philip and his girlfriend Emma attended the wedding of Oscar Kylberg (34) and Helena Nilsson (29) in the Grimeton Church outside Varberg in Halland County. The wedding reception was held in The State Room of Varberg's Fortress.

The bridegroom is the Creative Director of Bringiton AB, and was Prince Carl Philip's instructor/mentor when he did a traineeship at the company during his education in graphic design at the Forsberg School.

Pictures by Annika Karlbom, Hallands Nyheter.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Courtier

Is Emma older than Carl Phillip? Please forgive my ignorance...
Old 09-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Nop, he was born in May 13, 1979 and she in 1980 I dunno the exact day, but she looks a bit older. It happens a lot with couples around the same age
Old 09-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

Emma seems such a sweet girl! I think they should get engaged soon!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
Nop, he was born in May 13, 1979 and she in 1980 I dunno the exact day, but she looks a bit older. It happens a lot with couples around the same age
No Emma was born in November 1979 so they are the same age, Emma is just a few months younger

But I agree, she does looks a little bit older than Carl Philip :)
Old 09-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie

But I agree, she does looks a little bit older than Carl Philip :)
Maybe it is, because he looks, like a little boy playing captain with this cap Yes, I know, it´s tradition and he has worked hard for it (probably the military was the hardest thing, he had to manage in his life...), but I´d wish he would drop it for (private) weddings

Other than that I´m pleased to see, how natural they look with each other. Emma doesn´t seem to have problems with the cameras and they seem comfortable in each others company (in the opposite to e.g. skippers big sis´ and her bf )
Old 09-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree she usually seems to take the attention very smoothly, she smiles natural, is very unposed and focuses on the guests instead of the camera. She rarely looks annoyed or stiff. Actually I would say she is more natural around the cameras than Victoria is sometimes, not to talk about Daniel, but maybe because the focus and interest on her is not that big. She is dating the, in the eyes of the press, least interesting of the siblings. IMO she looks more and more like Silvia everytime I see her, very sweet and pretty, her sailor still looks 16, no wonder she looks older .
Old 09-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the pics! I really like the second one on the top. Its nice to see pics of them together.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Gentry

Emma et CP

New photo: http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5144a.jpg
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5142a.jpg
Love Emma sh'e beautifull in pink.

All article on the week here: http://www.ritva.com/tidningar.htm thank rtiva for this great site.

Someone can translate this please http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5143hex_s.jpg

Thank you very much.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Serene Highness

Did CP borrow the glasses of his future brother-in-law?
Old 09-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Courtier

Oh, please, I had to do a double take. I seriously thought it was Daniel. Ok, so maybe not, but still, the glasses didn't look good on CP.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Royal Highness

What happened to Carl Philip?! Daniel should be taking fashion advice from CP not the other way around!
Old 09-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Nobility

It always seems to me very lucky for Sweden that the succession law was changed and that Victoria is CPss. She seems so much easier in public and very committed to public life and royal responsibilities.

Carl Philip is goodlooking, but always seems a bit uncomfortable on public occasions. Maybe it would have been different if he had been trained as CP from a small boy - who knows.

I think his girlfriend, Emma, is pleasant looking, but not overglamourous. It does seem amazing that they have been going out together for so long with no engagement - but no doubt there are reasons both personal and because he is royal. We will just have to wait and see!
Old 09-17-2006, 05:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Busted :) Emma photographed at the wedding smoking a cigarette.
I didnt know she was a smoker...

photo by Patrik Österberg
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=674196
Old 09-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Busted :) Emma photographed at the wedding smoking a cigarette.
I didnt know she was a smoker...
I didn't either! Does the Prince smoke, or has he ever?
Old 09-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Courtier

I think her feelings for Prince Carl-Philp are geniune. She does not try be all in front of the cameras she just focuses on those around her which is very hard to do when your dating a public figure. I think is pretty but the problem is that she smokes which is not good for health.Why? must people call her a golddigger just because she's not rich. Who says you have to rich to marry a prince? I don't if you really love him for him and not his title or his money you should able to marry the man you love regardless how other people feel.