Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 2: August 2005 - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May be..I consider Victoria as gorgeous but some ppl not...

Layla1971 said:
Just because there haven't been any engagement rumors doesn't mean there won't be an engagement. Even though the press always has room for more rumors, Victoria and Daniel may be keeping their headlines busy enough. Besides that, they have always been rather private, so maybe that quietness about their relationship is why the media isn't hinting at anything.:confused:

well, I think this is sort of a situation of no smoke, no fire.

you may well be right, but i stick to my theory that these 2 will never walk down the aisle.

kad said:
May be..I consider Victoria as gorgeous but some ppl not...

These comments remind me of a famous saying - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:)

Yeah well...I don't consider her beautiful..
anyway,who can explain to me the story with the german press?

that is very true
but calling someone uglyis a very big step i would rather say that somoene looks very commen and not sticking out as gorgeous or beautiful

kad said:
Yeah well...I don't consider her beautiful..
anyway,who can explain to me the story with the german press?

that i can take
my opinion she looks more sweet "söt" then beautiful "vacker"

a bit of a swedish lesson there

Last edited by a moderator:
Layla1971 said:
These comments remind me of a famous saying - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:)

beauty is totally in the eye of the beholder. it is absolutely beyond me what anyone could see in Letizia yet she seems to have her admirers. I just dont say antything about it (most of the time;) ) and focus on admiring photos of lovely people like Victoria and Maxima.

pollyemma said:
beauty is totally in the eye of the beholder. it is absolutely beyond me what anyone could see in Letizia yet she seems to have her admirers. I just dont say antything about it (most of the time;) ) and focus on admiring photos of lovely people like Victoria and Maxima.

Well, I have my favorites and you have yours. But, I don't want to hurt anyone by saying who I don't favor!:eek: :)

when was the last time we have photos of the two togather

Me and my husband met Emma and her dog Gela when they were out walking on Djurgården with a friend this saturday. She was very petite and pretty. What caught both our eyes was that Gela was a very small rottweiler. She looked almost like a pitbull. Not very "pretty" to be a rottweiler IMO.

Cissan said:
Me and my husband met Emma and her dog Gela when they were out walking on Djurgården with a friend this saturday. She was very petite and pretty. What caught both our eyes was that Gela was a very small rottweiler. She looked almost like a pitbull. Not very "pretty" to be a rottweiler IMO.

An other parnter-of-a-Royal-sighting! Lucky one!
Well, imagine a big Rottweiler with small Emma...he would pull her over the meadow ;) Carl Philip isn´t tall either...so a mini Rottweiler for a mini-couple ;)

i know trhat some members are just waiting for them to get engaged but i think we need to have in mind they are quite young to get married if we look at their age and when people get married in sweden. Was not Joachim of denmark very young when he married Alexandra and i think he was one of the youngest to get married if we look at modern royal time say from the 80'ies

Of the reigning royal families I think only Princess Astrid of Belgium was younger when she married, and maybe Alois of Liechtenstein.

I think that Carl-Philip and Emma will marry the year after Victoria and Daniel.

I think they will marry a couple months before them. The same thing happened here in Holland. Prince Constantijn and (now) Princess Laurentien married a couple months before Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima. As some kind of practise... just to see how things were going so that the wedding of the crown prince would go perfect (which it did).

So, do you think we are going to fill threads on Carl Philip and Emma like we do on Victoria & Daniel?, because it seems to be a pattern on this family: long relationships, NO marriage :)

well, they are both still young and I expect that CP wants to finish his studies before he marries.

Translation of a Dagens Industri article

"Royal" in the advertising business

Hello Emma Pernald. Congratulation to the new job in the advertising business! You start at McCann Nordic in January after a practice period as a planner (analyst with focus on consumer’s insight) during the fall. What will you do there?
- I will work at McCann Nordic as a junior planner; it feels very exciting and developing.

What is your background, have you worked with advertising before?
- I think communication and advertising is inspiring and I have worked at the event company Eventum before. I also have, apart from my Bachelor degree in economics, just finished my Master degree in communication which I will now get practical use for.

Telia, The Swedish National Debt Office and the Museum of Modern Art are some of the firm’s clients. Which clients will you work with?
- What clients I will work with is not decided yet.

Also you boyfriend Prince Carl Philip has done a practical at Storåkers McCann. Will there be a lot of work talk at home now?
- I won’t comment about the Prince, but McCann is a very exciting workplace so I understand that many people want to practice and work there.

For the original & full article (in Swedish), go here.

thanks for the translation, GrandDuchess

That's kinda interesting.. first, Daniel did an interview with DI, and not it's Emma...
i know it's unrelated.. but, still...

purple_platinum said:
thanks for the translation, GrandDuchess

That's kinda interesting.. first, Daniel did an interview with DI, and not it's Emma...
i know it's unrelated.. but, still...
You're welcome.

Not that this was anything near what Dagens Industri did with Daniel, that was a really big interview and a feature. This was just a small thing, because of her new job. I think it's nice to know what she will be doing, since she has been quite an anonymous girlfriend of Prince Carl Philip previously. Now we at least now what her job is...

GrandDuchess said:
Translation of a Dagens Industri article

"Royal" in the advertising business

Hello Emma Pernald. Congratulation to the new job in the advertising business! You start at McCann Nordic in January after a practice period as a planner (analyst with focus on consumer’s insight) during the fall. What will you do there?
- I will work at McCann Nordic as a junior planner; it feels very exciting and developing.

What is your background, have you worked with advertising before?
- I think communication and advertising is inspiring and I have worked at the event company Eventum before. I also have, apart from my Bachelor degree in economics, just finished my Master degree in communication which I will now get practical use for.

Telia, The Swedish National Debt Office and the Museum of Modern Art are some of the firm’s clients. Which clients will you work with?
- What clients I will work with is not decided yet.

Also you boyfriend Prince Carl Philip has done a practical at Storåkers McCann. Will there be a lot of work talk at home now?
- I won’t comment about the Prince, but McCann is a very exciting workplace so I understand that many people want to practice and work there.

For the original & full article (in Swedish), go here.

I think that a "problem" here is that she say yes to the attention, but no to say anything about the reason for it. DI would hardly write that Emma Pernald got a new job if she wasn´t "Emma Pernald", if you know what I mean :D

just say: my friends and family are happy for me or...anything!

i think you r wrong they might get married , depending on how strong their relationship is , and they make a cute couple

beauty is in eye of beholder as they say, emma is quite pretty and she looks to have both feet on the ground not seeking the glamour of the media

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has the right to express an opinion: the beauty patterns aren't equal for everyone, what some people consider beautiful, other people consider ugly.
Personally, I consider Emma Pernald ugly, but that is only my opinion, it doesn't mean that she is ugly in fact because some people may consider her beautiful.
Another thing: I don't hava a nice opinion about Emma and Letizia, I hope I'm wrong but they seem to have found the chicken of the golden egs, if you know what I mean. It's hard to tell, but it seems to me that they don't really, really love the princes, they appear to be interested in their money and their titles. I believe that the princes are more sincere in their feelings than those women.
Anyway, I accept that there are opinions different from mine and I believe that there are people (they know who they are) that don't share my sense of tolerance in what concerns other's right to expression their points of view. Did I make myself clear?

I totally agree with you Aline but I could say more princesses. Unfortunately such is life ,there are too many gold digger women in the world.

Aline said:
Everyone has the right to express an opinion: the beauty patterns aren't equal for everyone, what some people consider beautiful, other people consider ugly.
Personally, I consider Emma Pernald ugly, but that is only my opinion, it doesn't mean that she is ugly in fact because some people may consider her beautiful.
Another thing: I don't hava a nice opinion about Emma and Letizia, I hope I'm wrong but they seem to have found the chicken of the golden egs, if you know what I mean. It's hard to tell, but it seems to me that they don't really, really love the princes, they appear to be interested in their money and their titles. I believe that the princes are more sincere in their feelings than those women.
Anyway, I accept that there are opinions different from mine and I believe that there are people (they know who they are) that don't share my sense of tolerance in what concerns other's right to expression their points of view. Did I make myself clear?

I could understand, that one has now a picture of Letizia (personally I don´t think she´s a "gold digger" and I think she truly loves her giant, but I admit, that I wasn´t sure, what to think for a while), but how could one get a picture of Emma :confused: I accept of course your opinion/views/feelings, but I wonder, how one can have such an opinion of a girl, who has hardly spoken 10 sentences to the press and who never pushed herself into the limelight (by doing a photoshooting or a job in the media etc.) Wouldn´t she hurry with marrying Carl Philip, when it´s about gold digging? Soon it are 7 years of dating and they are still not married. :confused:

I dont like the word goldigger because it seems to only be attributed to women, now I dont doubt that Mary, Mette-Marit and Maxima etc loves their husbands, however I dont think they mind the perks that he brings with him to put it like that (or that the perks outweight the negatives)

As for Emma Pernald, I think 7 years relationship without trying to promote herself, keeping an extremely low profile speakes in her favour. He could be getting her a posh job trough some of his rich and connected friends, take her from one wedding to another, go on endless vacations together, bring her for semi official trips where the press know they would be, pose for kissing pictures together, but they dont, they seem to keep their relationship a private thing and also her family seems to know to keep their mouth shut.

Larzen said:
I dont like the word goldigger because it seems to only be attributed to women, now I dont doubt that Mary, Mette-Marit and Maxima etc loves their husbands, however I dont think they mind the perks that he brings with him to put it like that (or that the perks outweight the negatives)

As for Emma Pernald, I think 7 years relationship without trying to promote herself, keeping an extremely low profile speakes in her favour. He could be getting her a posh job trough some of his rich and connected friends, take her from one wedding to another, go on endless vacations together, bring her for semi official trips where the press know they would be, pose for kissing pictures together, but they dont, they seem to keep their relationship a private thing and also her family seems to know to keep their mouth shut.

indeed. if she really wanted the jewels and titles I'm sure she would have pushed CP to marry her by now. its been 7 YEARS. thats a long time...

And who ashures you that she hadn't pushed him already? The fact she doesn't expose herself to the media is on her favor (we have the example of Letizia - prince Felipe mantained a long relationship with Eva Shaun and it was very exposed to the media. Result: they never got married. Letizia learned the lesson and, as a journalist she knew what to do: to keep quiet. Didn't she get what she wanted?)
These girls now know how to get what they want and princes should be more careful.
An example of what seems to be a true love is the one of kate middleton and prince william: we can never be sure but she met him in their University and they were sharing the rooom with another classmate. They didn't meet under suspicious circumstances and we can understand how their love began.
In what concerns Letizia....hum...it is not that clear, and Emma...well, you already know my opinion.

so, under what 'suspicious' circumstances did Emma and Carl-Philip meet (as you explicitely state that Kate did not meet William under such circumstances)?

Marengo said:
so, under what 'suspicious' circumstances did Emma and Carl-Philip meet (as you explicitely state that Kate did not meet William under such circumstances)?

indeed! i would just generally like to know how they met. that would be interesting.

whats really 'suspicious' to me is that they've been dating 7 years and havent married yet. I dont get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom