Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo montage from Svensk Damtidning
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1741/cpst.jpg

Åsa Bönnelyche from Svensk Damtidning writes a very sugar story of Carl Philip and Sofia at the Valborg evening, how Sofia's friends are now Carl Philip's friends too and how they had a great time. Sofia calls Carl Philip as "Philip" and Carl Philip is a matured man, his sometimes so anxious glance and shy image is gone. With Sofia at his side, he looks forward to the future. The King has been a caring father and shows his support to his son in the choice of love, Sofia was invited to Estelle's baptism, that if anything proves that there will be Carl Philip and Sofia. - Everyone who meets her melts right away. She is a really cute and sweet girl with a heart at the right place. There is no evil in her and she is very talented, says a friend of the couple to Svensk Damtidning.

Ah, how coincidental that he is only meeting her friends, and somehow pictures appear in the press. :whistling: .

I don't know who is writing all these tabloid stories, but I think that even the author must need a bucket to get through the writing style and fabricated facts. Like most Swedish articles posted online, it seems very 'bimbo-esque' , worse than most taboids (save 'Frau mit Herz' perhaps :D). They are writing about him as if he is still a teenager btw.

Last edited:
Say what you want about Sofia but the pro Sofia angle is pretty on point. Maybe she work for the SRF PR office

Sofia and her sister Lina yesterday at the Female Economist of the Year -Gala, a scholarship initiated by Sofia's mentor Barbro Ehnbom.
Sofia Hellqvist senaste | kungligamodebloggen
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/06/Bild-510.png

Female Economist of the Year - the well-renowned Scholarship at SSE

Sofia was talking with Margareta Heed, the gossip reporter of Svensk Damtidning. Interview will be at the next issue of SvenskDam.
Härligt snack med Sofia Hellqvist | Vimmelprinsessan
Google translation

Sofia's mentor Barbro Ehnbom with the project manager of the gala.
http://vimmelprinsessan.svenskdam.se/files/2012/06/BBBProjectManagerJonasMånssonBarbroEhnbom.jpg

Last edited:
Carl Philip and Sofia have been seen walking at Stureplan recently
Se bildene av svenskeprinsen på byen med Sofia - Prins Carl Philip på Stureplan med Sofia - MSN Kjendis

Magazine "S" writes that anyone who doubts if it is true love between Prince Carl Philip and his Sofia - can watch their photos of CP and Sofia in Gelleråsen at CP's racing weekend at the paper version of "S", one look tells it all.
Blicken som säger allt - Tidningen S
Google translation

"S" has also interviewed royal experts Johan T Lindwall, Roger Lundgren, Jenny Alexandersson, Sten Hedman and Daniel Nyhlén, and almost all of them think that CP and Sofia will get engaged first.
Madeleine bränd av otroheten - Tidningen S
Google translation

Last edited:
Don't these Swedish tabloids have a more interesting angle than an article/interview each and every week about who will marry his/her 'true love' first? Some suggestions: research Sofia's charity, or Sofia's life in New York with a boyfriend twice her age.

More photos of Carl Philip and Sofia at Stureplan, they were attending a party of Club Med.
IBL Bildbyrå

Carl Philip och Sofias mysiga sommarkväll | Svensk Damtidning

Bunte:
New Style: Sofia wants to look like Victoria
She steals Victoria's look! To be taken seriously, Carl Philip's girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist imitates the style of her possible sister-in-law by wearing similar clothes as Crown Princess Victoria.
Sofia Hellqvist: Neuer Style: Sie will wie Victoria aussehen! - BUNTE
Google translation

Last edited:
CP strikes me more and more as a like-daddy guy, he looks like a wild yound CG. I cant imagine he will MARRY a woman of the type his father obviously used for "entertainment" during the last decades. CP is spoilt and loves playing with fire, just like his father, and it wont stop. Sofia, well, enough has been said.

Sorry, I just cant imagine the two of them getting married in church, trying to pull off the royal fairytale and people buying it.

Well, I do wish him the ver best of luck, I am mature enough to know life is full of surprises...

At the cover of Svensk Damtidning:

Our reporter got an exclusive interview
Sofia about the engagement, the future... and her high heels
SDT1226_

At the cover of Svensk Damtidning:

Our reporter got an exclusive interview
Sofia about the engagement, the future... and her high heels
SDT1226_

If Sofia did indeed give the interview (and the magazine doesn't look too reliable to me), it's a really stupid move on her part.
However in love Carl Philip may be, actions like that can spook him.

How reliable and serious is Svensk Damtidning?

Some years ago Svensk Damtidning was a quite good magazine, nowadays it is a gossip magazine, which isn't very reliable. They wrote over a month ago that Madeleine would be engaged before a month was gone. Well, no engagement... Their reporter also claimed in 2010 that queen Silvia has Alzheimer's...

Sofia talked with Svensk Damtidning's reporter when she arrived to the event "Female Economist of the Year" some time ago. I haven't seen the paper version but I would guess that the interview is quite short.
Here's the story of their meeting at Svensk Damtidning's website a week ago.
Härligt snack med Sofia Hellqvist | Vimmelprinsessan
Google translation

Last edited:
Is a Royal Engagement coming??
No.
There's a headline in the newest edition of a Swedish gossip mag coming.

Sofia Hellqvist has never considered it smart to NOT talk to reporters... no matter if she thanked her royal boyfriend for coming on board her small charity, or leaning out of car windows to talk into cameras about how proud she is of her boyfriend for racing cars, or chatting to a gossip writer about her high heels, apparently, before attending a gala staged by her 'mentor' as in this case.

Last edited:
Maybe, she will remain a royal girlfriend rather than become a royal wife!

How old is she?

How old is he?

Her sister seems a sweet girl.

Maybe, she will remain a royal girlfriend rather than become a royal wife!
How old is she?
How old is he?
Her sister seems a sweet girl.

Sofia was born in December of 1984, making her 27-year old.
Prince Carl Philip was born in May of 1979, making him 33-year old.

I hope she does remain a royal girlfriend-only.

I can only share all the doubtful feelings about Sofia. I also read Svensk Damtining mainly as a linguistic excercise but also think the level has been going down. One thing is sure the gossip of bloggers on Sofia is quite negative.
I got the feeling that the relationship between Madeleine and the king has improved. Probably no announcement regarding her or CarlPh will take place before the birthday celebration of Victoria, expected to be a successful event for the royal family. We will see what happens after.

Actually, I think he will marry her. Just a gut feeling.

In case Sofia will get her own coat of arms, I'd suggest to add a snake and a camera, that would be fitting.
Honestly, the Swedish monarchy's image will draw near the Kardashians'.

Look, if he loves her and she, really, loves him, what is wrong? The idea of "royalty" is ridiculous in this day and age. No one is better or worse. Just their actions. Daniel has no special pedigree, nor does Sylvia. If they are truly happy, so be it.

Look, if he loves her and she, really, loves him, what is wrong? The idea of "royalty" is ridiculous in this day and age. No one is better or worse. Just their actions. Daniel has no special pedigree, nor does Sylvia. If they are truly happy, so be it.
It's the thing "if she, really, loves him" that bothers me. I do think Carl Philip loves her, but I'm not so sure about her true feelings. I have no doubts that she will marry him if he asks her (and the king allows it), but I would be surprized if the marriage will last very long.

A person who marries a royal doesn't have to have special pedigree nowadays IMO, but she/he has to have an impeccable and unsuspicious background.
By all means, Carl Philip and Sofia can get married, but making her princess Sofia, princess of Sweden, hopefully never.

From Aftonbladet Klick!
Carl Philip and Sofia doing summer together
Prince Carl Philip and his girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist have started the summer together. The established pair showed openly and relaxed their love and showed up hand in hand at Stureplan in Stockholm last week. They were also observed in a restaurant Pontus by the sea. Sofia is now an integral part of the royal family and even Madeleine has accepted her future sister in law. The girls arrived in the same car when Victoria gave a dinner to celebrate her little sister's 30th birthday on June 10th.
Carl Philip & Sofia gör sommaren tillsammans | Klick! | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Is she very very different from his previous girlfriend?
Or are the 2 girls very similar?
Did they ever meet?

angieuk said:
Is she very very different from his previous girlfriend?
Or are the 2 girls very similar?
Did they ever meet?

They are about as far apart as the two polar ice caps. They have never met as far as I know and Emma is engaged now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom