King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 7: Sept 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday:
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia went to see the musical "The Producers"
ANP Beeldbank

An interview with Queen Silvia was just shown on Dutch programme RTL boulevard. She talks abotu child abuse, the dangers of internet for children etc. The presenter emphasized how active the Queen is in this field and how important her role is. He also ended with a plea that any of our Dutch royals would get involved in causes like this, which is much closer to people's hearts than let's say microcredits and toilet summits...

An interview with Queen Silvia was just shown on Dutch programme RTL boulevard. She talks abotu child abuse, the dangers of internet for children etc. The presenter emphasized how active the Queen is in this field and how important her role is. He also ended with a plea that any of our Dutch royals would get involved in causes like this, which is much closer to people's hearts than let's say microcredits and toilet summits...

Woho, do I smell some sort of criticism in the Royal-wise (!) criticism free dutch media ;)

I don´t agree actually. A society, which is struggling with serious financial and environmental issues will also produce more victims of child abuse (in all kind of forms)

Was it the same video material Boris had posted above btw?

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended yesterday at the Swedish Academy’s formal assembly.
Daum/Yonhap News

Very weird, that Victoria wasn´t present. She always (?) was in the past years.
And considering the importance of the Royal Swedish Academy, she should have been there.
So now she has a whole month off. Busy bee...not :nonono:

Who of the royal family and on which date received the christmas trees for the Stockholm castle?

On which date was this year the christmas-Lunch for court-Employee?

Queen Silvia 65th birthday 23 december with royal family and dear lovely aunt princess Lilian 93 year. King Carl Gustafs sister princess Christina and his family was christmas at Drottningholm palace. Happy Birthday 65th!!!

Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej and his wife Queen Sirikit talk to Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf and his wife Queen Silvia at Klai Kangwon Palace, Hua Hin city, Prachuap Khiri Khan province, Thailand. The Swedish royal couple are on a private visit to Thailand

ANP Beeldbank

The Swedish magazine wrote that the royal couple spend there holiday in Thailand on ship of Swedish Reeder Krafft.

Did they shipped with Sailer "Star Clipper" from 27th December 2008 on seven days by North tour from Phuket?
wink.gif

Of course the king and queen had a lot of sun, and fun!

On 15. December Queen Silvia joined the annual christmas-lunch with " Deutscher Damenclub". "Deutscher Damenclub" is a club for german women living in Sweden. They arrange cultural evnets and so on.
I hit this photo by searchinf for some old articles. I think the Queen looks really good in this picture. Here is the link:
Ahlener Zeitung - Für Ahlen und das Münsterland -

Thanks for finding and publish this beautiful picture of the Lunch.

The christmas Lunch for "Deutscher Damenclub" is every year but we see during the years NO pics of this event. Therefore it's great to see the pic of 2008.

Pics 19.1.2009

King Carl Gustaf is seen attending the annual conference
Society and Defence together with the Chairman of the
Society and Defence, Mrs. Wanja Lundby-Wedin in Salen,
Sweden, January, 19, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

State Visit to The Netherlands

:swedenstandard: :dutchstandard:
Their Majesties will bring a State Visit to The Netherlands from april 21st to april 23rd by invitation of Her Majesty Queen Beatrix.
Het Koninklijk Huis

ETA {Elspeth}: Thread in the Dutch forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday evening the king and queen attend the concert "Unga musik på Slottet" in Rikssalen castle of Stockholm!

Yesterday, 28th January 2009, afternoon the royal couple celebrated the "Konungens medalj" to many people:

http://www.svenskdamtidning.se/Sites/SvDam/Default____17075.aspx?DataID=79055

Unfortunately I find only pics with the king.
Do you find pictures togehter the king and queen?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think it is very strange that we do not see any pictures of the Queen from the "Medalutdelning" at the royal palace on last wednesday. And no pics from "Unga musik pa slottet"?? I do not understand this.

By the way....
today i found two videos about the Bernadottes at the Lake Constance.
there was a nice story about the Queen. When she and the King went to "Mainau" for a memorial service for Count Lennart Bernadotte she forgot her hat in Stockholm and then she had to ask Countess Diana for a hat, who designes hats.
Here is a picture of the hat:
ANP Beeldbank

I think it is quite strange that the Queen forgot her hats, because I think that everything is well planned for a journey of the King and Queen.... but who knows.
For those who want to see the vidoes, here is the link:
DasErste.de - ARD Morgenmagazin - Live & unterwegs - Von Rang und Namen
(Klick on "Teil 1 aus der Sendung" and " Teil 2 aus der Sendung".)

After a long time I find a videoclip from celebration the "Konungens medalj" to Kalle Moreaus:

TV4 Anytime • TV4Nyheterna GävleDalarna 18:30

But where are the pictures of the celebration from the lot of photographers are attend by ceremony with the kind and queen?

Who can made screenshoots from celebration of the queen (from 3.50min)? Thanks for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom