The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

About the king's lunch with brazilian businessmen on Thursday
Sistema FIRJAN Sistema FIRJAN Notícias Gerais

Old 11-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king's interview in Brazil
‘O monarca não é uma pessoa política’, diz rei da Suécia - Jornal O Globo
Translation

Old 11-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to this site, king Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia and Prince Carl Philip are in Canavieiras city on the coast of Bahia, since the 15/11. The city is known for its beautiful beaches and fishing. They stay in the mansion of the Thompson family.
Rei e Rainha da Suécia visitam o Brasil e se hospendam em Canavieiras - Notícias - Rádio Vale FM

But as we saw on Tuesday, Carl Philip was at the football qualifier in Stockholm, he delivered a prize on Monday and according to Twitter he was also seen last weekend at a restaurant in Stockholm.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Here is an interview that the Queen gave last week. It is Portuguese and there is no google translate avaliable. To read myself I am copying and pasting paragraphs manually into google translate. They are far from perfect grammar but there are readable. Would you like me to post the translation here or is something you can do on your own? :)
Old 11-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

If you'd like me to do a translation of the interview, let me know.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
If you'd like me to do a translation of the interview, let me know.
I am sure many would appreciate that! I don't speak the language so I thought me giving a translation would be misleading :) :)
Old 11-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Here is an interview that the Queen gave last week. It is Portuguese and there is no google translate avaliable. To read myself I am copying and pasting paragraphs manually into google translate. They are far from perfect grammar but there are readable. Would you like me to post the translation here or is something you can do on your own? :)
Translation with Microsoft Translator, it takes a while when you open it before it goes into english.
Translation
Old 11-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Nobility

I have found a few more articles about their trip to Brazil
Samu recepciona rei e rainha da Suécia durante passagem pelo RN

Translation

Rainha Silvia da Suécia "Falo português quando estou feliz".

Translation
Old 11-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here is my translation of the interview to Marie Claire

The World Cup is worrying when the subject is child abuse, says Queen Silvia of Sweden

Nice and warm, Queen Silvia doesn't smile when she talks about World Cup 2014. Not that she doesn't like football, but the event increases her concerns about a serious problem: child abuse. Crimes against children hold her attention for more than 14 years, since when she created NGO Childhood Brazil, which works against sexual exploitation of children and teenagers. The Queen of Sweden has been in São Paulo for most of November, both for visiting relatives and to oversee the work of the organization, which is presided in the country by Rosana Camargo de Arruda Botelho.
Amongst the victories celebrated is the convention signed last 8th (of November) with the Court of Justice of São Paulo. It proposes to increase the structure of special statement - that very delicate moment when a child tells his/her version of the story. "It was something very important, a relief", says Silvia.
To Marie Claire, she talked (in fluent portuguese) about her childhood in Brazil and her life as a Queen.

MC - People imagine your life as a fairytale, right?
S - Well, it's very hardwork, that fairytale (smiles). It's a very intense life, with great possibilities, because I can help, I can raise awarness to certain problems. I do that with a huge respect.

MC - What lead you to create a NGO?
S - My husband and I, we travel a lot, not just on official visits. I'm always visiting NGOs and seeing what they are doing. When the Sovietic Union ended, for example, the situation in those countries was very worrying. Many girls were searching for jobs, they used to go to Paris without knowing what to expect and many became sexual slaves. When you such tragedies, so many problems, you ask "what can I do?". So, right here in Brazil, I was discussing this situation with some friends, we talked about the realities of slums, that I know is very different now, but back then was very serious. That' how the idea was born.

MC - How is the problem going in Brazil?
S - Brazil is big, is huge. And, obviously, the World Cup raises a lot of concerns. It's not just about being proud that the World Cup will be in Brazil. It's also a big challenge. Many people will arrive in the country and we need to act in order to protect the children. Childhood is now working in prevention in the cities were (world cup) games will be played. We'd also love to work in schools together with the Ministry of Education. Many don't know about children's rights and it's very important that both children and adults are aware of them [the rights].

MC - Those girls will become women one day and, in Brazil, they'll face a hard reality in terms of sexual violence against women. How did Sweden learn to respect women?
S - But we also have problems. Sadly, that is a global problem. Maybe I shouldn't say it, but we have a lot of immigrants from other cultures in Sweden, and they bring these problems, because in other cultures, women don't have the same value nor the same rights. But here in São Paulo I saw a poster in a bus which said "Denounce violence against women". That's very important. Of course, then you ask: "Ok, but what will happen then?" What happens if a girl denounces her stepfather. The family unit is dissolved and she feels guilty. It's important to have a network to help these girls.

MC - In your daily life, how is the contact with people?
S - Sometimes we go to sports events. And I shop. So, sometimes, I notice that someone is watching me, who recognizes me, and thinks: "will she pick the blue or the green one? Will she buy the most expensive or the cheapest?". It's interesting because I can read it in their faces (smiles). Our life in Sweden is not complicated. People recognize you, tell you "Good Morning", make a little sign, but are very discreet. It's fine.

MC - What's the most pleasant part of your day?
S - Well, I'm now a grandmother. It's better not to start talking about it, otherwise I'll never finish (smiles). It's very special. My mother used to say "Grandchildren are like a dessert in life". And it's true. We can see that the child, 15, 16 months old, thinks, sees, observes, has her own ideas. It's very funny. It's a miracle.

MC - What stimulates you to visit Brazil?
S - It's not just jabuticaba [a fruit typical of Brazil] (smiles). My mother was brazilian. My two older siblings were born in Brazil. I was born in Germany, and after the War, we returned to Brazil, I was 2 years and half. I spent my childhood here, until I was 13. Childhood is that pink era [something is cor-de-rosa=pink when it is perfect, fairytale like, with no problems], happy, you know. And in my mother's home they were 8 siblings, so, there were many cousins, and all very funny. So, it's not just the work of Childhood, that I find very important, but it's also the love of my relatives and of Brazil. That's why I try to come back every year. END
Old 11-23-2013, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia at a lunch in Hotel Radisson in Brazil
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2&l=bdcb43c997
Old 11-23-2013, 06:26 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks LadyFinn
On which date/city was the lunch and by which occassion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Queen Silvia at a lunch in Hotel Radisson in Brazil
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2&l=bdcb43c997
Old 11-24-2013, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Thanks LadyFinn
On which date/city was the lunch and by which occassion?
After some searching I found the same photo at a blog, the photo is taken on 16th November at restaurant Badebec at Hotel Radisson in Sao Paulo. The younger man is one of the chefs of the restaurant.
Visita Real Chef Lourdes Bottura's Blog
Old 11-24-2013, 04:48 AM
Serene Highness

LadyFinn, thanks so much for your searching!
I heard, that the royal couple stayed from 15th November near Bahia, once again an error (newspaper canard).
Old 11-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia met on Monday at the Royal Palace Marta Santos País, the Special Representative of the UN's Secretary-General on Violence against Children.
Drottningen gav företräde för FN s särskilda representant för förebyggande av våld mot barn - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 11-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Queen Silvia met on Monday at the Royal Palace Marta Santos País, the Special Representative of the UN's Secretary-General on Violence against Children.
Drottningen gav företräde för FN s särskilda representant för förebyggande av våld mot barn - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Queen Silvia looks wonderful...
Old 12-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to several Tweets and Facebook, queen Silvia was on Friday evening at the Royal Opera watching ballet Swan Lake. No photos.
https://twitter.com/fr3drikjsson/sta...95379895910400
https://twitter.com/jellsi/status/406526268470202368
Old 12-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king had an audience with Chairman of the Federation Council of the Russian Federation, Valentina Matviyenko
Kungen gav audiens för ryska federationsrådets talman - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The king and queen at an audience with honorary consuls working in Central and Eastern Europe.
Kungaparet gav företräde för honorärkonsuler verksamma i Central- och Östeuropa - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 12-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

A lot of events happened on Wednesday at the Royal Palace, the court has one joint article about them at their website:

The queen attended at the meeting of the Board of Mentor Sweden.
The king presented the Prince Eugen Medals, the queen attended too.
The king and queen attended at the diplomatic reception.
The king, queen, Victoria and Daniel attended at the Nobel Foundation's presentation of the 2013 Nobel Laureates
En dag på slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 12-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The King's statement about the death of Nelson Mandela
Uttalande med anledning av Nelson Mandelas bortgång - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 12-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king held today farewell audiences for ambassadors: Mr Kire Illioski from Macedonia, Dr Abdulrahman Gdala from Saudi-Arabia and Mr Ricardo Quintero Nassar from Panama.
Kungen höll avskedsaudienser - Sveriges Kungahus

Tags
current events, king carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia