King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the Information about queen Silvia visit in Vienna.

What was her official events today? She was mentioned in the royal calendar for the conference on Narcotic Drugs. But no information or pics found.

Queen Silvia gave an interview to Aftonbladet in Vienna about her work with the Mentor Foundation to help young people, about her views on drug policy and the legalization debate.
But of course she told also about her meeting with Madeleine's daughter.
- It was amazing. It was really fun. Both I and the king were so pleased that both were doing well. As a parent one always is worried about how it will go. The little lady had a little rush. She got here a little early, or perhaps it was not too early, it's only a child herself who knows when it's time. But it was wonderful to meet her and see that all was fine. It was most important.
Tell me more about the meeting at the hospital.
- Yes, it was absolutely wonderful for me. I did not actually remember that a child is so small as a newborn (Didn't she see Estelle two years ago, she must have a very bad memory?). And the little princess was not so small. She weighed almost 3, 2 kilos. So it was normal weight. But she was pretty. Sweet.
Who was she most like, Princess Madeleine or Chris ?
- That changes all the time. But when we met for the first time, she reminded very much of Princess Madeleine. Now maybe she is more reminiscent of her father Chris, but without the beard.
”Hon var väldigt lik sin mamma” Nyheter Aftonbladet

The whole interview is in Sunday's Aftonbladet, you have to pay to read it.
"I'm worried about the drugs"
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article18549164.ab?teaser=true

Last edited:
I like very much what Silvia is wearing; a great combination of gold and ruby-red.

The queen was today at Fryshuset in Gothenburg. She delivered a scholarship of 25000 SEK to Nadja Aria Garystone, employed at Fryshuset Elektra for her work against the culture of honor and honor-related violence. Epoca Yacht's Lars Wiklund and Stampen's Peter Hjörne had given the scholarship to the queen as a 70th birthday present.
Drottningen belönade arbete mot hedersvåld - Göteborg - Göteborgs-Posten
Translation

And the queen visited JM's mentoring project at Sjumila School in Gothenburg.
Mentor och drottningen träffar ungdomar på Sjumilaskolan Mentor
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjP9kZSIYAAWHvG.jpg

Video
Drottningen mötte elever från Biskopsgården SVT Play

Gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited:
The king visited on Wednesday the City of Stockholm on the theme "The growing city". This was a second visit with this theme.
Den växande staden - Kungen besöker Stockholms stad, dag 2 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

On Thursday the king gave an audience to Lithuania's President H.E. Ms Dalia Grybauskaite.
Kungen gav audiens för Litauens president - Sveriges Kungahus
Photos from the official website of the president of Lithuania. It must have been a good meeting since even king Carl Gustaf is smiling...
President of the Republic of Lithuania Close cooperation between Lithuania and Sweden paves the way for successful regional development
Gallery
APA-Picturedesk

And on Thursday the king also presented the Swedish Quality Award in Linköping to HSB Östergötland.
HSB Östergötland prisas kungligt för andra gången för sitt... - SIQ - Institutet för Kvalitetsutveckling

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning tells that both the king and queen have similar Brazilet -wish bracelets which Madeleine had last year even at her wedding. Madeleine's first one was purple and the later one green, the king's and queen's are blue. The king was seen wearing the bracelet for the first time at the Nobel ceremony last year, and the queen had one at Leonore's Te Deum and at the state visit to Latvia.

Thanks LadyFinn for the link to Origo visit on 15th April - once again an event don't publish on the royal calendar!

Do you know where the royal couple stay at Easter-holiday?

Do you know where the royal couple stay at Easter-holiday?

There hasn't been any news at the swedish press how the royal couple spend their Easter, they have a longer holiday, they have work only on Sunday 27th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom