The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

The King and Queen gave a reception for Swedish honorary consuls operating in South America at the Royal Palace today.
Large pic from the court’s facebook site:
http://s7.postimage.org/op9rqmiwr/41...74783114_o.jpg

Old 06-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
More from Queen Silvia at 'Silviahemmet' from the royal court's official website:

Drottningen vid broschutdelning på Silviahemmet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

http://svenskdam.se/2012/06/drottnin...silviasystrar/ *** translation

Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The King and Queen gave a reception for Swedish honorary consuls operating in South America at the Royal Palace today.
Large pic from the court’s facebook site:
http://s7.postimage.org/op9rqmiwr/41...74783114_o.jpg

Kungen delade ut medaljer - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] *** translation
Old 06-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf have arrived in in Rio de Janeiro, where they will attend the "Rio+20" United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development over the next four days.

Link to the conference website:
Rio+20 - United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development

The first picture from Brazil, right after their arrival:
http://s14.postimage.org/4km88xg81/Screenshot_1.jpg
Old 06-17-2012, 06:27 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the information. Here the first pics - arrival in Rio yesterday morning:

FAB - RIO + 20 - Rei Sueco desembarca na Base Aérea do Galeão

Quote:
Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf have arrived in in Rio de Janeiro, where they will attend the "Rio+20" United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development over the next four days.

Link to the conference website:
Rio+20 - United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development

The first picture from Brazil, right after their arrival:
http://s14.postimage.org/4km88xg81/Screenshot_1.jpg
Old 06-17-2012, 07:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia has given an interview to Aftonbladet Plus (pay to read). At the interview she tells about the love for Estelle, Madeleine's 30th birthday party and how long she will continue to work.
Queen's greatest desire for the summer is to be visited by her grandchild at Solliden. "I really hope that I and the king get to meet little Estelle there," she says.
”Att vara sjuk och dö är ganska opraktiskt” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 06-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Queen Silvia has given an interview to Aftonbladet Plus (pay to read). At the interview she tells about the love for Estelle, Madeleine's 30th birthday party and how long she will continue to work.
Queen's greatest desire for the summer is to be visited by her grandchild at Solliden. "I really hope that I and the king get to meet little Estelle there," she says.
”Att vara sjuk och dö är ganska opraktiskt” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Thanks
I also love how she quotes Queen Louise: "Being sick and dying is quite impractical." " Thankfully, I and the king are still in good health and willingness" -says Queen Silvia
Old 06-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf will speak at the Rio+20 High Level Dialogue on Global Sustainability tomorrow:
10:10 – 10:20 Keynote statement by HRH King Carl Gustaf of Sweden
Events - Rio+20 High Level Dialogue on Global Sustainability - Stockholm Environment Institute
Old 06-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
King Carl Gustaf will speak at the Rio+20 High Level Dialogue on Global Sustainability tomorrow:
10:10 – 10:20 Keynote statement by HRH King Carl Gustaf of Sweden
Events - Rio+20 High Level Dialogue on Global Sustainability - Stockholm Environment Institute
In addition, the King opened the Swedish Pavillion at the conference yesterday.
Today, Queen Silvia held a speech about 'Children & Business: Making the Connection for Sustainability' at the Rio+20 Corporate Sustainability Forum.

Here's the link to a video of her speech on the UN web tv page, which she held in English:

UN Live United Nations Webcast - Rio+20, (13-22 June 2012, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) - HM Queen Silvia of Sweden, Children & Business: Making the Connection for Sustainability - Rio+20 Corporate Sustainability Forum
Old 06-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In addition, the King opened the Swedish Pavillion at the conference yesterday.
Today, Queen Silvia held a speech about 'Children & Business: Making the Connection for Sustainability' at the Rio+20 Corporate Sustainability Forum.

Here's the link to a video of her speech on the UN web tv page, which she held in English:

UN Live United Nations Webcast - Rio+20, (13-22 June 2012, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) - HM Queen Silvia of Sweden, Children & Business: Making the Connection for Sustainability - Rio+20 Corporate Sustainability Forum

Thank you very very much , Boris for the link

Queen Silvia always have great and moving speeches
Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king inaugurated the Swedish pavilion at Parque Dos Atletas on Saturday. Photo from Facebook of the Swedish Embassy in Brazil:
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...16956325_n.jpg
Old 06-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

RIO + 20 -> Kungahuset

Kungaparet inledde sitt besök i Rio de Janeiro - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] *** translation
Old 06-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
Those who take care of the official website could really have made more of a small effort than posting a picture which is from the state visit to Brazil two years ago...
Old 06-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Those who take care of the official website could really have made more of a small effort than posting a picture which is from the state visit to Brazil two years ago...

I also notice that picture is old
They update facebook's page with new pictures and official site is left with old ones
Old 06-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

A short video of queen Silvia at the forum
Rainha Silvia, da Suécia, participa de confraternização no Rio - Vídeos - Tv Estadão
Old 06-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

The King Carl Gustaf is also present . He is behind Queen Silvia and they are co-ordinate
Thanks LadyFinn
Old 06-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king at his opening speech at 'Open High Level Nobel Dialogue on Global Sustainability', from the court Facebook.
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...54271896_n.jpg

Queen Silvia giving the opening speech of the closing session of the Corporate Sustainability Forum of Rio+20. Photo from the Facebook of the Swedish Embassy in Brazil.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...79009250_n.jpg
Old 06-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Video of the Queen's speech at the UN conference in Rio de Janeiro yesterday:
UN Live United Nations Webcast - Rio+20, (13-22 June 2012, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) - H.M. Queen Silvia of Sweden, High Level Closing Plenary ? Rio+20 Corporate Sustainability Forum

Screenshot:
http://s15.postimage.org/tru68sx3v/Screenshot_3.jpg
Old 06-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

This year was the 75year celebration of "Konstnärernas Vänner". Didn't on 21st May 2012 the queen attend the celebration? During the last years ago she was guest in Waldemarsudde!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

During the Rio+20 conference, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended the ‚Rio+Social’ event yesterday, a gathering of technology, social media, and global leaders. The United Nations Foundation partnered with Ericsson, EDP, Mashable and 92Y for this exchange about the impact of technology and social media on sustainability.
Picture:
http://s16.postimage.org/sgxzroa7p/Screenshot_1.jpg

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, king carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia