King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By visit from England-Royals only visit Drottningholm-teater - no a Dinner in the castle?
On pics I saw the royal couple with guests leave the castle of Drottningholm by sitting in the car! I am missing official Dinner-pics!

On 28th March 2012 the following official event of the queen:

"Audiens styrelseordförande Anders Olauson och VD Robert Hejdenberg vid Ågrenska, Kungliga slottet"

Article about Queen Silvia's monkey pet when she was little :) :rose2:

Silvia: Apan var min bästa vän | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
*****google translation ->
Silvia: The monkey was my best friend

As a child, Silvia a little monkey as a pet.
Queen Silvia said in an interview with children magazine Kamratposten candidly about his best friend Mickey.
A monkey that she had as a pet of nine.
- He could listen and knew exactly when I was sad or happy.

Queen tells the newspaper that her parents had had the monkey Mickey in thanks to a pair of missionaries when they donated medicines. Today, like the queen that it is not really appropriate to have a monkey as a pet. But for the then nine year old Silvia Sommerlath was Mickey was more like a real friend than an animal.
Approached cautiously
When she got the monkey, he was terribly angry and scared, says the Queen. He had been transported to the family in a small wooden box with air holes. But Silvia who understood that the monkey was afraid was patient and approached the animal with great caution.
- I sang and had fun, but I pretended not to him. The next day I did the same thing, but a bit closer. Eventually I came up to him and since that day we were best friends, she says to Kamratposten.
"Very mischievous"
During the four years they were together they grew together. Since Mickey did so many human things remember the queen that she used to wonder if he was an ape or a human.
- He could listen and knew exactly when I was sad or happy. Then he followed me and comforted me. I had him for four years. He was very curious and destroyed much at home. Sometimes, he escaped and once he climbed up on a neighbor's roof and broke the TV antenna. Another time he stole all the fruit for them. He was very mischievous.

Drottning Silvia om sin bästa vän apan | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje *** translation

By which private celebration and on which date was this event with the royal couple?

Kungaparet och jonas bergströms utpekade nya flickvän Stefanie AF Klercker on Vimeo

It wasn´t a private celebtration, it was at the reopening of Villa Godthem, the new club house of the Royal Motorboat Club, on 21st June last year.
Kungaparet nyinvigde restaurang på Djurgården | Svensk Damtidning
Stephanie af Klercker at the opening
IBL Bildbyrå - Redaktionella arkivet - Samtliga arkiv

Thanks for posting this beautiful pics of the royal couple. It's great we see the king and queen on holiday in Storlien! :flowers:

Sweden's King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia spent the Easter holidays skiing at their mountain cabin in Storlien on the Swedish-Norwegian border ,8th April 2012

I love it their skiing outfits , especially Queen Silvia's combination of white and orange :) ( wow she has 68 and he 65 years :) and still are active in skiing ;) )

Last edited:
I wonder if queen Silvia and prince Daniel travelled together from Stockholm, as Daniel was visiting Göteborg the same time as Silvia visited Alingsås.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom