The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Yennie, thanks for the information and pictures.

I wonder that the royal couple stay for one day in Solliden. Or was the pictures taken yesterday (saturday)?
The queen has tomorrow an official event in Stockholm (memorial Ingmar Bergman, Dramaten Theatre)!
I wondered about that to. Actually I checked the royal calendar before I went there to see if there was a chance to perhaps catch a glimpse of a royal. When I saw that they all had engagements in Stockholm both on saturday and monday I thought that I would not see them at Solliden. So imagine my surprise when I saw two black cars drive up to the entrance. At first I thought it was just some delivery or something... but I speeded up when I realized who it was :) The photos were taken on sunday september 2nd, so I guess it was a quick visit!

Old 09-11-2007, 01:35 AM
Gentry

Thank you!

Thank you, Yennie, for sharing your pictures and the story about how you took them with us! It is really very much appreciated.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:11 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks you Yennie, too for your informations about the pictures taken!

I think, the king had no official events last week, so he stay the week alone in Solliden. And the queen return at 6th September to him!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thanks you Yennie, too for your informations about the pictures taken!

I think, the king had no official events last week, so he stay the week alone in Solliden. And the queen return at 6th September to him!
Yes that could be it. They had many bags with them in the back of the car so it makes sense that the Queen just arrived. The King drove his Volvo by himself so perhaps he just drove to pick her up in Kalmar.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:14 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was wondering, is Soliden so close to the read that these pioctures can be taken?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I was wondering, is Soliden so close to the read that these pioctures can be taken?
The park around it is actually open to the public, from what I can gather: http://www.sollidensslott.se/english/index.htm
Old 09-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Ah, so I gather Yennie was just a visitor of the parc who happened to get a lucky shot? Do they close (part of) the gardens when the royals are there? I assume they want to do some sunbathing in privacy for example.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Ah, so I gather Yennie was just a visitor of the parc who happened to get a lucky shot? Do they close (part of) the gardens when the royals are there? I assume they want to do some sunbathing in privacy for example.
Yes Yennie was a lucky girl :) And a visitor too.

The park is always open to the public, even if the royal family are there. You can get really close to the palace and if you´re lucky catch a glimpse of a royal arriving or leaving. But the palace park is very large and its just a small area that the public has access to so the royal family has plenty of space to be private. On the Solliden estate there are other houses, stable and other buildings, like the royal familys beach house which is where they spend most of their time when the park is open to the public
Old 09-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Well, you would be even a luckier girl if Carl-Philip would have joined his parents . But thanks for posting the pictures, it must be a very nice estate/walk. Does he RF always use Volvo's, or doctors-cars as my cousin uses to say? They are certainly popula among royals, the Dutch are using them too and I remember seeing Volvo's at Haakon' s wedding too,.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday evening the royal couple attend the Gala concert Kungl. Philharmoniker at Concert-House!

Do you see no pictures of arrive the king and queen?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ursulajohanna, I posted links to pics from last night's night at the opera in the 'Opening of the Riksdag' thread as it is an annually event on the Day of the Parliament's opening.
Not only the King and Queen but all three children attended.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:19 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Boris for your information and publish.

But I ask for event 13th September (concert Royal Philharmoniker)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Ursulajohanna, I posted links to pics from last night's night at the opera in the 'Opening of the Riksdag' thread as it is an annually event on the Day of the Parliament's opening.
Not only the King and Queen but all three children attended.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf of Sweden awarded the "Panda Book of the Year 2008 " to photographer Brutus Ostling and author Staffan Soderblom during the WWF annual meeting at the Ulriksdals palace in Stockholm.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Crown Princess Victoria applause when King Carl Gustaf of Sweden awarded the "Panda Book of the Year 2008
ANP Beeldbank
Old 09-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks LadyFinn for the information and publish the links of the pictures!

The queen looks beautiful in her new skirt.

Further the royal couple attend the "Gösta winbergh award" with Gala concert yesterday evening. Do you know links to pictures of this event?

[quote=LadyFinn;672124]King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia inaugurated Wednesday September 26 an exhibition of painter Alexander Roslin at National Museum in Stockholm. In the picture they stand in front of a painting of King Gustav III in his coronation dress from 1777 and one of Empress Catherine II of Russia fom 1776.]
Old 09-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Administrator

No pictures, but what is the Gosta Winbergh award?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

It is pitty for us to see no pictures of this great event!

The award is each year handed out to young aspiring tenors through an arranged singing contest that takes place at the opera stage Confidencen, at the Ulriksdal Royal Estate.
Gösta Winbergh was a great swedish Tenor , born in Stockholm and death 18th March 2002. (He is often mentioned as among Sweden's finest tenors)

Quote:
No pictures, but what is the Gosta Winbergh award?
Old 09-29-2007, 06:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It is pitty for us to see no pictures of this great event!

The award is each year handed out to young aspiring tenors through an arranged singing contest that takes place at the opera stage Confidencen, at the Ulriksdal Royal Estate.
Gösta Winbergh was a great swedish Tenor , born in Stockholm and death 18th March 2002. (He is often mentioned as among Sweden's finest tenors)
Thanks for awnsering that, another question though, are the King and Queen known to appreciate classical music? I remember that they went to the Salzburger Festspiele a few years ago for example.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:35 AM
Serene Highness

Marengo, I listen resp. read that the queen likes classical music! She go often in concert but I don't see pictures at last years the royal couple stay in Salzburg (at least 2002).
Old 10-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia Sweden received the German Quadriga award in Berlin for her efforts to help children. The Quadriga Award is presented every year on the anniversary of German reunification.
ANP Beeldbank
The Queen looks absolutely fantastic, I love her outfit.
The Award was given to the Queen by French Minister of Foreign Affairs Bernard Kouchner.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Nobility

Thank you for the wonderful pictures, LadyFinn! The Queen looked amazing and the outfit was elegant

Tags
carl gustav, current events, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia, silvia