The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Courtier

Queen Noor's conservatism and modesty didn't start with Rania's ascension, she had always been like that. If anything, to me she seems to have added more pizazz in the recent years.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Ah those pics are beautiful..Krka...I am gonna go there for my honeymoon...Thanks for the Idea ...Amazing!!
yup ,it's beautiful:)

http://www.24sata.hr/articles/view/6803/

anyway ,it says here in yesterdays article ,that they ate fish delicacies,(which personally makes me sick cause I'm a vegan ) anyway,it also says that while walking to the restaurants and during the lunch ,both Rania & Abdullah strictly obided the law of their country and it was impossible to see them sitting together.Rania sat across her husband and their kids had a table in the central part next to theirs.
Instead of vine,the honorable guests drank juice from the squeezed oranges and water and the kids had Coca cola.They also mention what gifts they were given.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:27 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Do you know how many Arab women wear swimsuit? Anyway Rania 's top is not sexy at all. QN knows exactly what she has to do in order to the (Jordanian) people start to hate Rania. This is Noor 's dirty game.
I hardly think that Noor is such a scheming person as you make her out to be.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
I dun agree with what ur saying,she's old enough to wear whatever she wants,if she thinks its appropriate then fine. This kind of clothes is not accepted in Islam ur right,but ur only stressing on the issue because she's a Queen not because she's a muslim,if this is the case then this is not fair she's human after all,only God will judge us all,none of us has the right to do so,and we can't attack her for this,dun forget that paparrzzi's are privacy invadors and I think if u were at her place with ur husband and children nothing would stop you or prevent you from wearing a bikini ....:)

i totally agree with you , am talking about her as a Muslim queen , she has to respect that , not only as a queen , about Sweifeh , for us as Jordanian its up to you , but she is a queen represents Jordan all over the place , did you ever see her wearing Jordanian Dress when she visits Europe or even Arab countries , she is not an ordinary person , like us just walk in the street wear what ever she wants , and she for sure knows that she is photographed , maybe she wants the west to see her like they want , i don't know how is her mind works,

And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 07-27-2005, 04:56 AM
Courtier

I feel as long as she is on vacation, what she is wearing is fine. Especially if it is as hot in Croatia as it is where I'm from. I don't think Rania invited the press, afterall, they are suppose to be on vacation, but you know how the press can be. They hound all royals, no matter where they go.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Heir Apparent

"i totally agree with you , am talking about her as a Muslim queen , she has to respect that , not only as a queen , about Sweifeh , for us as Jordanian its up to you , but she is a queen represents Jordan all over the place , did you ever see her wearing Jordanian Dress when she visits Europe or even Arab countries "

Why should she wear Jordanian dress if she doesn't want to. She wears them at home when required and that should be sufficient. Moreover she probaby didn't wear it ever before she was Queen so why start now?

" i don't know how is her mind works,"
Exactly, do you not think that she might actually want a bit of alone time with her family and isn't the power mad woman so many try and mould her into?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:51 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think QRania represented jordan very well last years without wearing traditional dresses ..
Old 07-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just a thought...Rania supports women's rights, so therefore, could she be making a statement by not wearing traditional Muslim/Jordanian dresses? Could this be her way of showing women how to be their own person and still be Muslim? Also, IMO, if it's hot where she is and what she is wearing is comfortable, then I don't see that she has done anything wrong. I think that she looks perfectly presentable in her "vacation wear".
Old 07-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Courtier

Isn't Kuwait more cosmopolitan anyway? I mean, they're not totally liberal, but they are more relaxed and not as conservative right? She probably wouldn't have been much of an anomaly in her original home.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Alicky, from what I've heard Kuwait is much more traditional, women there have only just been given the vote.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Courtier

That's true, and all members of the armed forces. I guess I just figured (having never been there myself, only having talked to people who have traveled there) that it would be a little more relaxed and liberal like other oil booming Gulf States. Beats me lol!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Courtier

As far as society I meant. But yeah, it's all intertwined anyway.

One thing I remember that pertains to this whole Rania/traditional discussion was something she said to Katie Couric during an interview somewhat recently. They were talking about women's roles and rights in Jordan and Katie said something along the lines of :"Are there some people that don't want to modernize, that want to stay traditional?" (And I did not like how she said it...!) And Rania said: "Well that is their personal choice, but it's our job to give them that choice." That sums it up for me. :)
Old 07-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Nobility

I agree. No one from the royal, Iam sorry MUSLIM royal fmaily should dress like that. It doesn't matter if you are on a beach or a photo op. That's just my opinion.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Nobility

You guys, she's the queen.That' part of her job.(pictures of her being taken.) Besides she has nothing else to complain about other than few people taking her pic.I don't agree with her choice of her clothing.You know she's not the only Muslim women in the world staying in a hot place. Many of us live in hot regions, but that doesn't mean we wear bikinies and walk around naked. I know it seems like an exageration but I hope you understand what I am trying to say. She's the queen she just doesn't represent Jordan she also represents the values of Muslim women. And if she goes on a holiday, fully aware that she is going to be photographed, wearing a sleeveless shirt and capris what is the world suppose to think of all other muslim women? Once again I am only expressing my concern.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
You guys, she's the queen.That' part of her job.(pictures of her being taken.) Besides she has nothing else to complain about other than few people taking her pic.I don't agree with her choice of her clothing.You know she's not the only Muslim women in the world staying in a hot place. Many of us live in hot regions, but that doesn't mean we wear bikinies and walk around naked. I know it seems like an exageration but I hope you understand what I am trying to say. She's the queen she just doesn't represent Jordan she also represents the values of Muslim women. And if she goes on a holiday, fully aware that she is going to be photographed, wearing a sleeveless shirt and capris what is the world suppose to think of all other muslim women? Once again I am only expressing my concern.
i totally agree with you , this is exactly what i was talking about
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 07-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

"You guys, she's the queen.That' part of her job.(pictures of her being taken.) Besides she has nothing else to complain about other than few people taking her pic.I don't agree with her choice of her clothing.You know she's not the only Muslim women in the world staying in a hot place. Many of us live in hot regions, but that doesn't mean we wear bikinies and walk around naked. I know it seems like an exageration but I hope you understand what I am trying to say. She's the queen she just doesn't represent Jordan she also represents the values of Muslim women. And if she goes on a holiday, fully aware that she is going to be photographed, wearing a sleeveless shirt and capris what is the world suppose to think of all other muslim women? Once again I am only expressing my concern."

So what? I wear capris and swimsuit on the beach,that doesn't make me a bad person or a bad muslim. There are dozens of social problems plaguing muslims and yet we quibble over a woman wearing a sleeveless top.

Is it any surprise that we are barely progressing when the uppermost thought in people's minds is clothing.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
what is the world suppose to think of all other muslim women? Once again I am only expressing my concern.
Well, a lot of the world is not as conservative, so for us outsiders she looks fine, modest yet very stylish. She is not racy to us, she's normal. In fact, she's very covered up compared to some of our people lol!

She's such a smart woman and a hard worker, so I agree with Little Star that the focus should be more on the work she does than what she's wearing on a private trip. :)
Old 07-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Is it any surprise that we are barely progressing when the uppermost thought in people's minds is clothing.
Wow, you know what every Muslim is thinking? Gee golly, that's amazing!!!!
There are countless Muslims, men and women, who do a lot to salvage and better the image of Islam on a daily basis. The reason so much emphasis is put on clothing on this forum is because this is a royal forum where emphasis is on the royals, what they wear, what they do, etc. This is not a what can we do for Islam forum. It's very shallow to think that all Muslims think about is clothing. Get active in the Muslim community and you'll see.

I don't think other members mean Rania is a bad person or a bad Muslim if she dresses that way, I think they mean that she is not accurately representing women in her country. I know women in Jordan, no matter how liberal in dress code Rania makes them out to be, are quite modest as in the majority do wear the hijab.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Nobility

Well, I think that the women of the JRF do believe that they must be modestly dressed but they see what they wear as modest. Not all Muslim women believe that modesty requires a hijab, clearly most JRF women do not wear the hijab.

I was in Jordan recently for a week and I would say that the women I saw there it was 50-50 veiled and not veiled. Everybody wore what I consider modest clothing. I had to visit the US embassy for a visa and stayed in a packed room for two mornings, the women there divided up 50-50 on the hijab front.

So I would argue Rania does represent her religion the way she interprets the modesty requirement.

In fact now I come to think of it Rania went on Oprah after 9/11 to explain Islam to the West and if I remember rightly. Oprah asked her about the veil and she said that in Islam this is a personal choice for a woman, so that is her opinion (a veiled Muslim lady in the front row disagreed with her).
Old 07-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Gentry

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
Wow, you know what every Muslim is thinking? Gee golly, that's amazing!!!!
There are countless Muslims, men and women, who do a lot to salvage and better the image of Islam on a daily basis. The reason so much emphasis is put on clothing on this forum is because this is a royal forum where emphasis is on the royals, what they wear, what they do, etc. This is not a what can we do for Islam forum. It's very shallow to think that all Muslims think about is clothing. Get active in the Muslim community and you'll see.

I don't think other members mean Rania is a bad person or a bad Muslim if she dresses that way, I think they mean that she is not accurately representing women in her country. I know women in Jordan, no matter how liberal in dress code Rania makes them out to be, are quite modest as in the majority do wear the hijab.
Well said especially the bolded section. In fact, some members use twisted arguments.When there are messages that praise Rania's beautiful clothings(we have so many threads just for her clothes and there are members who devote themselves to this by having HUGE database of rania's clothing and accessories..etc)...then IT IS OK...but when some members crititize when she shows more skin than she should as a muslim representating a muslim country, then, we are told the focus should be on her work and now on what she wears...

Be consistent and accept the whole spectrum

I

Closed Thread