King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 4: July 9-August 30, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
imane44 said:
how come they didn't get lasic eye surgery? their parents can surely afford it

The children?

Lasic eye SURGERY is not something I think Children should be getting, when they are older they can decide if they want it but they are far too young.

The paparrazzi hound royalty all the time, it seems people have forgotten Diana's death so quickly. I've seen dozens of shots of other Royals on holiday, etc. etc.

And so what if she wouldn't wear that top in Amman, if anything that shows a certain degree of respect on her part for her subjects and their "sensibilities". It's a shame people who are so concerened by her clothing don't have their priorities right.

they were mentioned in the news report yesterday in a short clip,i didn't watch the news today so i don't know if they were mentioned again ..anyway in yesterdays clip they came to visit Krka and as they were shown coming down from the boat and as they started walking on the land,photographers were taking pics but what surprised me is that there were tourists like 2 meters away from them all with cameras in their hands smiling and clicking right in fron of their faces.It's like they just stepped on red carpet.I mean i know people couldn't physically touch them but still they were so close.I wonder how tight their security is.

some pics..

Attachments

• moz46f.jpg
    moz46f.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 980
  • moz3c.jpg
    moz3c.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 986
  • moz3d.jpg
    moz3d.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 973
  • moz3e.jpg
    moz3e.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 978
  • moz3h.jpg
    moz3h.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 354
thanks for the pics, blubelle. can i ask where you got them from? tv? they look nice --- it's just too bad they are so small :)

suria said:
am not going to say more let Jordanian people talk , about how they think of this queen:confused:

How do they view their Queen? Jordan, from what I've read anyway, is a traditional, modest country, and although what Queen Rania wears would over here qualify as modest(and very stylish, certainly not matronly) I always wondered what the Jordanians think of her modern style. I don't think there's anything wrong with her attire (again, being a Westerner to me she looks plenty conservative) but would she be considered immodest in the Middle East?

madonna23 said:
thanks for the pics, blubelle. can i ask where you got them from? tv? they look nice --- it's just too bad they are so small :)

No problem:)
i got these pics from some newspaper article online.I checked all the sites but there're no pics .
there are plenty of stories about them,like what restaurant they went to,what they've visited and things like that ,but no pics and when some site puts them up they're so tiny,obviously it's on purpose.I guess they're respecting their wish for privacy,They obviously need it .I mean you see how some Jordanians react,to a top she was wearing.

Last edited:
Hey if her husband is ok w/ it than I don't see why Jordanians would have a problem.

madonna23 said:
King Abdullah looks like he stepped out of an Indiana Jones movie :)

and we can see that rania has indeed gone back to her skinny weight...i don't agree with her having to wear the sleevless top; i mean, it's her choice and everything but just because it's hot doesn't mean she has to wear it...she could wear something with half-sleeves or something sheer over it.

Thank you this is what i meant , or not taking a photo , and don't tell me she don't know that there is cameras , i bet she asks them to come and take her photos , if she respect her people a little more she would be more careful, QN we never saw her like this even she is not Arabic Queen , but what we can do ,QR crossed the borders many many times , I wonder how she thinks , or if her mind get beyond plastic surgeries and clothes and make up , I never saw her without makeup ,
She is a queen a model , she should respect the type of her community , they get the price up more and more here , while she spends nights in hotels with 30,000 $ in one night , wearing a Jacket coast more than 3000 and so on , and finally wearing what ever she wants as live by he own , if this is her privacy why she takes photos:confused:

Hi there!

I just wanted to say that my cousins had a luck to see King Abdullah and Queen Rania with family when they were visiting NP "Krka", and Skradin the other day. They seem as very nice pople although there was so many cameras and security protecting them.

When I came home from holidays I can scan articles and photos from our magazines, if you are interested!

Greetings from Croatia!

"Thank you this is what i meant , or not taking a photo , and don't tell me she don't know that there is cameras , i bet she asks them to come and take her photos , if she respect her people a little more she would be more careful, QN we never saw her like this even she is not Arabic Queen , "

Do you not understand the intrusive nature of the paparrzzi? They couldn't care less about people's privacy and they are no better than dogs looking for a bone. They will not rest until they have the picture they want. Noor was never as high profile as Rania, even she had her paparrazzi shots, I remember seing them in Hello.

Rania is not taking any photographs. The paparrrazzi are. Just look at the other threads, there are many showing Royals on holiday, there's currently one on the Spanish Royals in Mallorca that is highly popular.

Little_star said:
"Thank you this is what i meant , or not taking a photo , and don't tell me she don't know that there is cameras , i bet she asks them to come and take her photos , if she respect her people a little more she would be more careful, QN we never saw her like this even she is not Arabic Queen , "

Do you not understand the intrusive nature of the paparrzzi? They couldn't care less about people's privacy and they are no better than dogs looking for a bone. They will not rest until they have the picture they want. Noor was never as high profile as Rania, even she had her paparrazzi shots, I remember seing them in Hello.

Rania is not taking any photographs. The paparrrazzi are. Just look at the other threads, there are many showing Royals on holiday, there's currently one on the Spanish Royals in Mallorca that is highly popular.

sure she knows about this magazine , not only us , why she always full in the trap over and over:confused:

suria , I think I understand how you feel , but we should not be amazing about her choice of clothes as I noticed she prefer the western style maybe she find it more comfotable for her !
personally I think she can wear what she like in her house or when she not represent Jordan , I just hope she wear traditional clothes when she represent her country or when she attend events in jordan .

Bluebelle said:
unacceptable??
hmm ,they said they wanted privacy ,but you know there are a lot of tourists there ...they were all photographing them .
should she be covered at these high temperatures??,she would look like a freak:eek:
they were having their pics taken with their kids yesterday in front of these waterfalls,they visited Krka
http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=DVXA,DVXA:2005-15,DVXA:en&q=krka

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=krka+croatia&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-img-t&fl=0&x=wrt

they're staying at Hvar
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&rls=DVXA%2CDVXA%3A2005-15%2CDVXA%3Aen&q=hvar&btnG=Search

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=hvar+croatia&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-img-t&fl=0&x=wrt

Ah those pics are beautiful..Krka...I am gonna go there for my honeymoon...Thanks for the Idea ...Amazing!!

suria, the paparrazzi don't work for one magazine solely, they are usually independent and then sell their photographs to the highest bidder. If they follow Rania wherever she goes itis only because they know her picture sells.

Some of the most scandalous Royal stories have emerged via the paparrazzi, Fergie's "toe sucking incident" and Daniel Ducreut's affair are just 2 examples.

To get these private and exclusive shots they have to hound their victims, regardless of where they are.

suria said:
Thank you this is what i meant , or not taking a photo , and don't tell me she don't know that there is cameras , i bet she asks them to come and take her photos , if she respect her people a little more she would be more careful, QN we never saw her like this even she is not Arabic Queen , but what we can do ,QR crossed the borders many many times , I wonder how she thinks , or if her mind get beyond plastic surgeries and clothes and make up , I never saw her without makeup ,
She is a queen a model , she should respect the type of her community , they get the price up more and more here , while she spends nights in hotels with 30,000 $ in one night , wearing a Jacket coast more than 3000 and so on , and finally wearing what ever she wants as live by he own , if this is her privacy why she takes photos:confused:

Do you know how many Arab women wear swimsuit? Anyway Rania 's top is not sexy at all. QN knows exactly what she has to do in order to the (Jordanian) people start to hate Rania. This is Noor 's dirty game.

suria said:
But she is a queen a model for all Jordanian women , and she is Muslim one

she wearing cut vest , which is unacceptable , what i really wish for Rania is to walk like this in Amman then you will see what is wrong with that, and don't tell me that she don't know that there is someone talking pic's, i bet that she invites them to have pic as you know , how desperate she is to take a shot

I dun agree with what ur saying,she's old enough to wear whatever she wants,if she thinks its appropriate then fine. This kind of clothes is not accepted in Islam ur right,but ur only stressing on the issue because she's a Queen not because she's a muslim,if this is the case then this is not fair she's human after all,only God will judge us all,none of us has the right to do so,and we can't attack her for this,dun forget that paparrzzi's are privacy invadors and I think if u were at her place with ur husband and children nothing would stop you or prevent you from wearing a bikini ....:)

suria said:
But she is a queen a model for all Jordanian women , and she is Muslim one

she wearing cut vest , which is unacceptable , what i really wish for Rania is to walk like this in Amman then you will see what is wrong with that, and don't tell me that she don't know that there is someone talking pic's, i bet that she invites them to have pic as you know , how desperate she is to take a shot

Nowadays everything in Amman is acceptable...go to Abdoun , swaifieh ...etc and u'll see a lot. things are changing,andnow it becomes ur turn to either move on with the change or stick to ur principles... :)

truth said:
Do you know how many Arab women wear swimsuit? Anyway Rania 's top is not sexy at all. QN knows exactly what she has to do in order to the (Jordanian) people start to hate Rania. This is Noor 's dirty game.

AH COME ON!

Rania Wasn't even a princess when Noor became a Queen...it's not a game,it's just their life and there's NO NEED to make a big deal out of a sleevless shirt for God's sakE!

What can be more empowering for a woman than to be able to wear whatever she wants to? There's nothing wrong with conservatism, (even though to me she looks plenty conservative, never even a tad racy) but there's nothing wrong with wearing what you want either. :)

Queen Noor's conservatism and modesty didn't start with Rania's ascension, she had always been like that. If anything, to me she seems to have added more pizazz in the recent years. ;)

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
Ah those pics are beautiful..Krka...I am gonna go there for my honeymoon...Thanks for the Idea ...Amazing!!
yup ,it's beautiful:)

http://www.24sata.hr/articles/view/6803/

anyway ,it says here in yesterdays article ,that they ate fish delicacies,(which personally makes me sick :eek:cause I'm a vegan ) anyway,it also says that while walking to the restaurants and during the lunch ,both Rania & Abdullah strictly obided the law of their country and it was impossible to see them sitting together.Rania sat across her husband and their kids had a table in the central part next to theirs.
Instead of vine,the honorable guests drank juice from the squeezed oranges and water and the kids had Coca cola.They also mention what gifts they were given.

Last edited:
truth said:

I hardly think that Noor is such a scheming person as you make her out to be.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
I dun agree with what ur saying,she's old enough to wear whatever she wants,if she thinks its appropriate then fine. This kind of clothes is not accepted in Islam ur right,but ur only stressing on the issue because she's a Queen not because she's a muslim,if this is the case then this is not fair she's human after all,only God will judge us all,none of us has the right to do so,and we can't attack her for this,dun forget that paparrzzi's are privacy invadors and I think if u were at her place with ur husband and children nothing would stop you or prevent you from wearing a bikini ....:)

i totally agree with you , am talking about her as a Muslim queen , she has to respect that , not only as a queen , about Sweifeh , for us as Jordanian its up to you , but she is a queen represents Jordan all over the place , did you ever see her wearing Jordanian Dress when she visits Europe or even Arab countries , she is not an ordinary person , like us just walk in the street wear what ever she wants , and she for sure knows that she is photographed , maybe she wants the west to see her like they want , i don't know how is her mind works,:confused:

I feel as long as she is on vacation, what she is wearing is fine. Especially if it is as hot in Croatia as it is where I'm from. I don't think Rania invited the press, afterall, they are suppose to be on vacation, but you know how the press can be. They hound all royals, no matter where they go.

"i totally agree with you , am talking about her as a Muslim queen , she has to respect that , not only as a queen , about Sweifeh , for us as Jordanian its up to you , but she is a queen represents Jordan all over the place , did you ever see her wearing Jordanian Dress when she visits Europe or even Arab countries "

Why should she wear Jordanian dress if she doesn't want to. She wears them at home when required and that should be sufficient. Moreover she probaby didn't wear it ever before she was Queen so why start now?

" i don't know how is her mind works,"
Exactly, do you not think that she might actually want a bit of alone time with her family and isn't the power mad woman so many try and mould her into?

I think QRania represented jordan very well last years without wearing traditional dresses ..

Just a thought...Rania supports women's rights, so therefore, could she be making a statement by not wearing traditional Muslim/Jordanian dresses? Could this be her way of showing women how to be their own person and still be Muslim? Also, IMO, if it's hot where she is and what she is wearing is comfortable, then I don't see that she has done anything wrong. I think that she looks perfectly presentable in her "vacation wear".

Isn't Kuwait more cosmopolitan anyway? I mean, they're not totally liberal, but they are more relaxed and not as conservative right? She probably wouldn't have been much of an anomaly in her original home.

Alicky, from what I've heard Kuwait is much more traditional, women there have only just been given the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom