King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 4: July 9-August 30, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont wonder though how these shoots come about. Im assuming the Hello people asked Rania for this, and she said yes. Still I'd rather see her in Vanity Fair or Vogue than Hello. That publication is nothing more than a tabloid. But I see Princesses and Crown Princesses appear in it for official shoots and that puzzles me.
Its always foreign royals though that they manage to interview. I dont think any of the senior British royal family members have appeared in it.
For Hashem I would've preferred official pictures from the palace like the ones with Princess Salma.

I would not categorize Hello! as a tabloid. They have alot of exclusive interviews from the celbes themselves. And alot less gossip IMO.

Yes, the pictures with Salma were really nice and completely appropriate. In my opinion, both Abdullah and Rania looked more classy in that set of pictures than the Hello ones.

Well Hello's not a sleazy tabloid, but its technically a tabloid still. Sure it appears tame compared to other such British publications. But Hello does engage in much of the gossiping (I've known many stories they've gotten utterly wrong and others based on pure speculation) and publishing paparazzi photos, they've even been sued for publishing unauthorized pics.

I bought the issue of Hello in question. Immediately following the pictures and interview was a 2 page spead promoting tourism in Jordan, so I presumed that the interview was done with the consent of Rania and Abduallah on the basis that the magazine then did a spread to promote toursim. Personally I liked it, and looking at the pictures it definitely helped to increase my desire to go to Jordan (something I've always wanted to do), so much so I'm thinking of it next summer.

The article was about Rania and Abdullah's family life, taking snaps without Abdullah would have imo seemed strange. We always see him on forml occasions sometimes it's nice to see images of a King just relaxing and spending time with his wife and children.

As for Hello, it's not really a tabloid but it no longer retains the exclusivity it once did.

Little_star said:
I bought the issue of Hello in question. Immediately following the pictures and interview was a 2 page spead promoting tourism in Jordan, so I presumed that the interview was done with the consent of Rania and Abduallah on the basis that the magazine then did a spread to promote toursim. Personally I liked it, and looking at the pictures it definitely helped to increase my desire to go to Jordan (something I've always wanted to do), so much so I'm thinking of it next summer.

Is it at all possible to post the interview, Little_star? Thanks.

thanks for the pics, reina. I'm not used to seeing rania in those sort of shoes. it's a nice change :)

I think QRania has become skiny again, in the last picture, you can see it on her waist and on her face as well. :p

Woah. This is the first time I have seen him in this one. MAybe PHashim has given him
some hints :)

hnews3_21_7.jpeg

Queen Rania definitely is really thin again. Personally, I think she looks better with a little more weight on her but obviously she likes herself this way (or "weigh").

well atleast she took around 6 months to lose the pregnancy weight. Thats not too bad.
She must've started working out again. At the Sesame Street benefit in NY more than a month ago her arms didnt look firm and toned as they usually do. I think she lifts weights.

Wow! They got alot of pics from various events!

Last edited:
I think alot of the royal women are quite skinny, Mary,Letizia, Rania etc. It's probably the lifestyle they're constantly on the move for official engagements and all of them are under pressure to look good.

I think Queen Rania is skinny by nature.
But I agree on the fact that some royal women seems to be very careful about their weight, Lady Diana suffered eating disorders and so did Sweden's crown princess Victoria.

Little_star said:
I think alot of the royal women are quite skinny, Mary,Letizia, Rania etc. It's probably the lifestyle they're constantly on the move for official engagements and all of them are under pressure to look good.

i think mary is not naturally skinny. she was much bigger before and now she has lost weight just before the engagement. you can see that in photos. i think she has the tendency to gain weight easily. however, rania and letizia are naturally really slim...

does anyone know which languages does rania speak?

English, Arabic, and supposedly French

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom