King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 4: July 9-August 30, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, however QN looks more subtle dispite her age, with which come sobvious signs of ageing. She still looks terrific though, and for that I commend her.:)

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
They both had nose Jobs...

"Yeah, I've seen people lose weight and their noses get thinner and pointier, but I've never seen the actual structure underneath totally change. My mother saw the pics and agreed, but she thought she had her jaw and other things done, I can't really see that. Even if she's had anti-aging work done along the way, it must have been very subtle. "

I think Rania's had a nose job, which is fair enough. I doubt anything else has happened. I've seen early photos of her where she still looks the same as she does today.

First batch of Arab Open University's Jordan branch to graduate
img_trnsp.gif
img_trnsp.gif
Jordan Times - 12/08/2005</B> The Arab Open University's Jordan branch is to celebrate the graduation of the first batch of students on Saturday.
Some 400 students will receive their bachelor's degree in education, and higher diploma certificates in a ceremony to be held under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania.

According to Director of the Jordan Branch Taleb Sarie, this will be the first batch graduating under the university's open learning system.

This new system, the first of its kind in Jordan, is intended to provide a new alternative to support existing systems of education, and to keep up with the universal trend towards bringing about the reform and diversification of higher education, according to Sarie.

As a matter of fact, Sarie explained, the concept of the Arab Open University was promoted by Prince Talal Ben Abdul Aziz, president of the Arab Gulf Programme for the United Nations Development Organisations.

The aim of the university, which has branches in some Arab countries with Kuwait as its headquarters, is to turn out graduates who are capable of embracing the latest technology and who are also capable of working in a globalised economy.

In particular, the open learning system adopted by the university is intended to offer educational opportunities to everyone no matter where they are, according to a statement issued by the university.

In that, the university offers housewives, employees and people in remote areas a chance for professional development and continuous education, the statement said.

AOU, which teaches primarily in English, offers the bachelor's degree in four different disciplines: Information technology and computing, business administration (systems track), and English language and literature. The fourth programme, education, is taught in Arabic, according to the statement.

There are plans to expand vertically and horizontally in these and other programmes according to market and labour needs in the future, the statement quoted Sarie as saying.

The Arab Open University has signed an agreement for cooperation and affiliation with the UK Open University (UKOU). The statement said this agreement with UKOU includes three major areas: Licensing of materials, consultancies, accreditation and validation. The university has been granted institutional accreditation and programme validation by the Open University Validation Service of the United Kingdom. At the same time, this agreement will provide the student with the chance to obtain a joint certificate from both universities, which, of course, contributes to the university's acclaimed international standing and reputation.

Likewise, the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research here has granted the Jordan branch the institutional accreditation and programme validation for the three programmes taught under licence by the UKOU. The fourth programme in education is to be granted this status soon.

In keeping with its mission to reach students residing in remote areas easier, Sarie, emphasised in the statement, the branch has plans to establish learning centres in major cities like Zarqa, Irbid and Karak. These centres will operate as integral components of the university branch and will be well-equipped with local networks of personal computers, multimedia work stations, and multimedia facilities.

The first of these centres has been launched in the beginning of the academic year 2004/2005 within the campus of the Yarmouk University in Irbid. An agreement has been reached between the two universities in this regard. http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_s.asp?StoryId=103176

Little_star said:
I think Rania's had a nose job, which is fair enough. I doubt anything else has happened. I've seen early photos of her where she still looks the same as she does today.
I agree. She looks very good for her age too, I remember in the family portrait from Hamzah's wedding, I was looking at her and her son Hussein and thought they looked like brother and sister more than mother and son. She looks exactly the same as she did when she was 23, the look just changed a bit lol. Lucky! What is her secret? :)

Alicky, I don't think she's exactly the same, you can see that she's definitely matured facially. There's also the fact she is still young, she's only 35 and she had her first child at 24, which is still quite young when you consider how late many women have their children these days.

Well not "exactly" the same, but she still looks really good.

Alicky said:
Well not "exactly" the same, but she still looks really good.
No doubt about that.She looks good because she buys make-up like many of us buy groceries!:p People go to France to buy clothes;she went to Dior and bought water proof make-up.:D Anyways,she is pretty.

"People go to France to buy clothes;she went to Dior and bought water proof make-up.:D Anyways,she is pretty."

Been shoppping with her recently then?

"Been shoppping with her recently then?"
No,and I don't wish to go shopping with her.Many pictures from "Newscom.com" stated that she had gone shopping in Paris and listed the items she purchased.(in the caption.)OK?:( If you think I made up what she had bought, you're wrong.:( (I would never make stuff about people,especially when they're happy doing what they want to do!!!!!!!!)

polop said:
No doubt about that.She looks good because she buys make-up like many of us buy groceries!:p People go to France to buy clothes;she went to Dior and bought water proof make-up.:D Anyways,she is pretty.
Yeah, she does tend to wear a lot of makeup, I wonder what she looks like without it. She still has strong features, dark eyes and hair, fuller lips, nice bone structure, you can't wash those things off at the end of the day, so I still think(hope!) without makeup she'd look very much like the Rania we know. :)

polop said:
"Been shoppping with her recently then?"
No,and I don't wish to go shopping with her.Many pictures from "Newscom.com" stated that she had gone shopping in Paris and listed the items she purchased.(in the caption.)OK?:( If you think I made up what she had bought, you're wrong.:( (I would never make stuff about people,especially when they're happy doing what they want to do!!!!!!!!)
A lot of times magazines and the like will fabricate factoids like this. I remember from Queen Noor's book that the magazines had published pictures of the check that she used to buy a mansion in Palm Beach for when she and King Hussein were exiled. Everyone saw the "check" and was convinced, but she had never bought the house or wrote that check, it was all total media fabrication. :eek: If the media can pull that off, they can pull off water-proof makeup and Dior lol. :)

Alicky said:
A lot of times magazines and the like will fabricate factoids like this. I remember from Queen Noor's book that the magazines had published pictures of the check that she used to buy a mansion in Palm Beach for when she and King Hussein were exiled. Everyone saw the "check" and was convinced, but she had never bought the house or wrote that check, it was all total media fabrication. :eek: If the media can pull that off, they can pull off water-proof makeup and Dior lol. :)
:) Thanks for the sweet reply Alicky.I was just saying what I had read from what I consider a reliable source.

Alicky said:
Yeah, she does tend to wear a lot of makeup, I wonder what she looks like without it. She still has strong features, dark eyes and hair, fuller lips, nice bone structure, you can't wash those things off at the end of the day, so I still think(hope!) without makeup she'd look very much like the Rania we know. :)
I agree.:)

polop said:
:) Thanks for the sweet reply Alicky.I was just saying what I had read from what I consider a reliable source.
Who knows, it could be true too.

"""Been shoppping with her recently then?"
No,and I don't wish to go shopping with her.Many pictures from "Newscom.com" stated that she had gone shopping in Paris and listed the items she purchased.(in the caption.)OK?:( If you think I made up what she had bought, you're wrong.:( (I would never make stuff about people,especially when they're happy doing what they want to do!!!!!!!!)"

How do they know what she bought? I hardly think the store or her own publity people would divulge this information.

You're right Little_Star, they don't.But honestly, I've never seen her with out make-up!:p

well, i think we know she bought make-up because in some of the pics of newscom, she is pictured at a make-up counter at Dior. it is clear it is a make-up counter because you can see all the products and stuff.

but, yes, tabloids love to make up stuff, to fill in the details so that more people will be interested. plus it's just easier to make up the stuff than actually find out the truth.

If hse's pcituredat a make-up counter that doesn't mean she's bought anything. The amount of time I spend looking at make-up when shopping is ridiculous!

Little_star said:
If hse's pcituredat a make-up counter that doesn't mean she's bought anything. The amount of time I spend looking at make-up when shopping is ridiculous!
That doesn't mean she bought anything, but I personally do think she did.Because there are some pictures where she is paying the cashier in the make-up department at Dior;also there were other pictures where she was holding bags when she was comming out of the shop.(Dior):confused:

madonna23 said:
well, i think we know she bought make-up because in some of the pics of newscom, she is pictured at a make-up counter at Dior. it is clear it is a make-up counter because you can see all the products and stuff.

but, yes, tabloids love to make up stuff, to fill in the details so that more people will be interested. plus it's just easier to make up the stuff than actually find out the truth.
I totally agree with you!:) ;)

"That doesn't mean she bought anything, but I personally do think she did.Because there are some pictures where she is paying the cashier in the make-up department at Dior;also there were other pictures where she was holding bags when she was comming out of the shop.(Dior):confused:"

I hadn't seen those pictures, she's not got the best taste in cosmetics brands then....

King Leaves To Russia</FONT></STRONG>

Pet0243 4 0213

King Leaves To Russia
Amman, Aug.16(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II left Amman on
Tuesday in his way to the Russian Federation in an official visit
during which he will meet the Russian President Vladimir Putin to
discuss bilateral relations and the latest developments in the
Middle East and the World.

The Two leaders will discuss developing bilateral relations in the
various fields. They will discuss the Israeli plan for withdrawal
from Gaza, the situation in Iraq and international efforts to face
terrorism and enhancing regional and international peace and
stability.

The King will visit the international aviation fair //Max 2005// at
Jovoski city near Moscow.

His Majesty is accompanied by a Jordanian delegation of senior
officials.

His Royal Highness Prince Hashem Ben Al Hussein was sworn in as
Regent.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2005/08/16/031.html

King Abdullah's Visit

Israel's withdrawal from Gaza will be the focus of talks between Jordan's King Abdullah II and President Vladimir Putin this week, the Jordanian Royal Palace said Monday.

The palace statement said that Abdullah, who scheduled to arrive in Moscow on Tuesday, would also discuss the situation in Iraq with Putin, as well as the global war on terrorism and international efforts to consolidate peace and stability in the Middle East.

King arrives to Russia, from getty

Attachments

• 53394704.jpg
    53394704.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 53394717.jpg
    53394717.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 169
  • 53394729.jpg
    53394729.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 133
Jordan's King Abdullah II, right, leaves a plane on his arrival in Moscow, Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2005. Jordan's King arrived in Moscow for talks over the Middle East situation and the expansion of cooperation with Russia. (AP Photo/ Mikhail Metzel)

from Gettyimages , news com and yahoo

pA with him , PHussein too

Attachments

• 53394704.jpg
    53394704.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 178
  • fgfg.jpg
    fgfg.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 245
  • afplive835489.jpg
    afplive835489.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 198
It is nice to see that Prince Hussein has started to travel with his father the King. is he Crown Prince? if not who is?

auntie said:
It is nice to see that Prince Hussein has started to travel with his father the King. is he Crown Prince? if not who is?

no one has officially been declared crown prince yet.
But the fact that P. Hussein is accompanying his dad to official visits might be an indication that he's being groomed for the role.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
no one has officially been declared crown prince yet.
But the fact that P. Hussein is accompanying his dad to official visits might be an indication that he's being groomed for the role.
Not to sound morbid, but if the King were to die, how would they know who to pick? Who would they go for?

Alicky said:
Not to sound morbid, but if the King were to die, how would they know who to pick? Who would they go for?

well I cant be too sure, it'd all be speculation.
But I do remember an interview K. Abdullah gave to a CNN soon after stripping hamzah of his title, and he said something like "we have systems in place" to take care of things like that. Im assuming that means he has made provisions for such an event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom