King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 25: September 14, 2007-January 10, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Rania attended a conference, 4th November 2007
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/6863I.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/6864I.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/6866I.jpg

King Receives Chairman of German Parliament's Foreign Affairs Committee
Amman, Nov. 4 (Petra)— His Majesty King Abdullah II affirmed that the opportunity that will be provided by the International peace meeting, to be hosted by USA in Annapolis, must be seized to find lasting solutions and to establish the independent Palestinian state on the Palestinian soil in the West Bank and in Gaza Strip.
News

King Receives US Delegation
Amman, Nov. 4 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Sunday received a US delegation comprises 40 officials and decision-makers and briefed them on the exerted efforts to re-launch the peace process, especially the international meeting which is meant to be held in Annapolis in USA before the end of the current year
News

Anyone know what Rania will be doing in London? She appears to have arrived yesterday already.​

Anyone know what Rania will be doing in London? She appears to have arrived yesterday already.​
Where have you read that? In the Petranews it only says that King Abdullah is in London :rolleyes:.

Where have you read that? In the Petranews it only says that King Abdullah is in London :rolleyes:.

Personally, I dont depend on Petra to name who went. I remember once or twice Rania was along with the King which they did not mention :)

Maybe Rania is along with the King but her visit will be private where is the Kings visit is working, that could be teh reason for not announcing, well this is my guess;)

Well it's been quite a few busy weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if Rania tagged along for a short break.

a friend saw Rania in London on Monday, a day before the king arrived. She also saw here here a few weeks ago when Abdullah came for a private visit and just before Rania went to the U.S.

Rania is in the UK.

London – Nov. 7, 2007 – His Majesty King Abdullah II emphasized during a meeting with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown the importance of Britain's role as well as that of the European Union in supporting efforts to realize Middle East peace during the current phase of international diplomacy to make the upcoming peace meeting in the US a success..................

After the meeting, Prime Minister Brown and Mrs. Brown held a dinner banquet in honor of Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania Al Abdullah.
LINK

Photos of Queen Rania with Sarah Brown at Downing Street
LINK
LINK

Photos of King Abdullah's meeting with PM Gordon Brown
LINK
LINK

I'm surprised that neither Rania or Sarah appear to be wearing a poppy.

Last edited:
Did the king & queen arrive separately ?

Last edited:
It would appear so because we didnt have any pictures of the four of them together unlike previous visits.
Im disappointed there are no pictures of the dinner. But then this seems to be a rather low-key visit.

ETA: the dinner was probably a private affair:

King Abdullah of Jordan and Brown discuss Mideast, Iraq

. . .The talks, which were followed by a dinner banquet Wednesday evening, were the highlight of a three-day private visit by the King and his wife, Queen Rania Al Abdullah, to Britain.
King Abdullah of Jordan and Brown discuss Mideast, Iraq - Middle East

Last edited:
It would appear so because we didnt have any pictures of the four of them together unlike previous visits.
Im disappointed there are no pictures of the dinner. But then this seems to be a rather low-key visit.

ETA: the dinner was probably a private affair:

Thanks Humera. I hope we'll get to see a state visit by the to england by the Jordanian couple.

‘Annapolis meeting starting point towards successful peace talks’ - article

Last edited:
I think there was a state visit in 2002 or 2003, are they likely to have another after such a short period of time?

Photos of Queen Rania with Sarah Brown at Downing Street
LINK
LINK

Photos of King Abdullah's meeting with PM Gordon Brown
LINK
LINK

I'm surprised that neither Rania or Sarah appear to be wearing a poppy.

Beautiful photos!! Thank you so much , Little Star!! Thank you aalso for the information!:flowers:

King to visit Germany next Tuesday

News

I think there was a state visit in 2002 or 2003, are they likely to have another after such a short period of time?

The British don't make a habit of inviting a foreign head of state to make more than one state visit during their time in office. I've seen only two exceptions: the first involves a monarch from a European country with especially warm relations with Britain or the royal family returning after a span of at least two decades; and the second is when one or both of the countries are celebrating an important milestone.

For example, Norway. If memory serves, King Olav made two state visits to Britain during his reign, spaced decades apart. His son, King Harald, has also made two: the first soon after he ascended the throne (1992, I think) and the second in 2005 to mark the 100th anniversary of Norway's independence from Sweden.

It's highly unlikely the Jordanian royal couple will make a return state visit to Britain during Abdullah's reign. What is more likely is Queen Elizabeth II making a state visit to Jordan. Her last one came during King Hussein's reign, in 1984.

If she doesn't visit again, Prince Charles could after he becomes king but probably not for many years. And the Jordanians probably aren't high enough on the diplomatic pecking order to be asked to make a state visit to Britain soon after his accession. That honour will mostly likely go to closely allied countries (the U.S.) or historically important countries (France, Germany). That means a second state visit by them would have to wait the usual two or more decades, if it takes place at all.

The only countries where I've seen much more frequent state visits back and forth between the same monarchs/heads of state have been the Scandinavian nations. The royal monarchs especially like to visit one another.

In their case, a spat of state visits take place soon after a new monarch ascends the throne. Which means we can expect Victoria to make state visits to Norway, Denmark and possibly Finland in her first year as queen. Those heads of states will likely return the favour in the year or two after that.

Other state visits will occur to mark important milestones. A recent example: the Swedish and Norwegian monarchs traded state visits in 2005 to mark the aforementioned Norwegian centennial as an independent nation.

What the Jordanian royals can do — and have done — is make repeated official visits to Britain. Their very first, coming soon on the heels of their accession, did involve a formal meeting with Queen Elizabeth II. That was followed a few years later by their state visit. Their official visits since then usually entail meeting with the country's political and economic leaders, the former to talk Mideast peace and the latter to encourage foreign investment in Jordan. These trips also tend to be excuses to get away from Jordan for several days to enjoy some down time at their British home.

Last edited:
King, Queen Return home

News

The British don't make a habit of inviting a foreign head of state to make more than one state visit during their time in office. I've seen only two exceptions: the first involves a monarch from a European country with especially warm relations with Britain or the royal family returning after a span of at least two decades; and the second is when one or both of the countries are celebrating an important milestone.

For example, Norway. If memory serves, King Olav made two state visits to Britain during his reign, spaced decades apart. His son, King Harald, has also made two: the first soon after he ascended the throne (1992, I think) and the second in 2005 to mark the 100th anniversary of Norway's independence from Sweden.

It's highly unlikely the Jordanian royal couple will make a return state visit to Britain during Abdullah's reign. What is more likely is Queen Elizabeth II making a state visit to Jordan. Her last one came during King Hussein's reign, in 1984.

If she doesn't visit again, Prince Charles could after he becomes king but probably not for many years. And the Jordanians probably aren't high enough on the diplomatic pecking order to be asked to make a state visit to Britain soon after his accession. That honour will mostly likely go to closely allied countries (the U.S.) or historically important countries (France, Germany). That means a second state visit by them would have to wait the usual two or more decades, if it takes place at all.

The only countries where I've seen much more frequent state visits back and forth between the same monarchs/heads of state have been the Scandinavian nations. The royal monarchs especially like to visit one another.

In their case, a spat of state visits take place soon after a new monarch ascends the throne. Which means we can expect Victoria to make state visits to Norway, Denmark and possibly Finland in her first year as queen. Those heads of states will likely return the favour in the year or two after that.

Other state visits will occur to mark important milestones. A recent example: the Swedish and Norwegian monarchs traded state visits in 2005 to mark the aforementioned Norwegian centennial as an independent nation.

What the Jordanian royals can do — and have done — is make repeated official visits to Britain. Their very first, coming soon on the heels of their accession, did involve a formal meeting with Queen Elizabeth II. That was followed a few years later by their state visit. Their official visits since then usually entail meeting with the country's political and economic leaders, the former to talk Mideast peace and the latter to encourage foreign investment in Jordan. These trips also tend to be excuses to get away from Jordan for several days to enjoy some down time at their British home.
I didn't know about all tose information thanks alot Adamari,really very intersting.

King attend's the opening ceremony of the 11th Pan-Arab Games in Cairo, 11 November 2007 - picture

Abdullah and Abbas travel to Cairo for talks with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak on developments in the Middle East peace process ahead of the international conference later this year.

pic 1 -- pic 2
(anp pictures)

Thanks for the information, Adamari. I didn't think it was likely that there would be another state visit to Britain.

Under the patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Second Aqaba International Air Show will be held today, organized and hosted by the Aqaba Development Corporation (ADC), in collaboration with ASEZA.

For the second consecutive year, the world renowned British Red Arrows and Jordan's highly-admired Royal Falcons, will be demonstrating the most amazing aerobatics above the shores of Aqaba.
albawaba.com middle east news information::Under the Patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah II

Photo of Abdullah and Rania opening a teachers housing project
Jordan Times ( Local )

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Rania accompanied the United Nations Foundation Board members during their 3 days visit to discover Jordan and explore opportunities in the Kingdom. Queen Rania is a UNF board member since 2006.

Fotobanka isifa image service

Queen Rania provides some light relief to Operation Smile patients

News

King, Queen Visit Tomb of the late King Hussein

News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom