King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 25: September 14, 2007-January 10, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have anymore information on this conference Rania is hosting?

ALPINE — A Utah-based start-up humanitarian organization that describes its mission as "techno-philanthropy" has attracted the attention of the United Nations.

The Digital Alliance Foundation aims to provide technological hardware, such as computers, and technology education, such as training on how to use spreadsheet software, to people in developing countries.................

At the end of the month, they will head to Jordan for a conference organized by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Queen Rania Al Abdullah. Quinn Sutton will present a paper on bridging the digital divide through public and private partnerships.
LINK

Anyone know what the king and queen are up to this week? Any trips planned?

Seems I can answer my own question. The King has gone to London today. Anyone know if Rania is with him? Petra news mentions only him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what the king and queen are up to this week? Any trips planned?
Rania will be in the US next Tuesday (23rd, for the Women's Conference) so we may see her once before then. I'm assuming that she will have other events lined up and not just this conference.

I expect that she's relaxing after Eid with family and friends. It usually says when she has gone to London with King, so I think it was just a solo trip.

Oslo, Oct. 16 (Petra)—Norwegian King Harald V hailed efforts and keenness of His Majesty King Abdullah II to develop Jordan, achieve peace in the Middle East and spread the message and values of Islam in the world.
LINK

I know that Abdullah and Rania made a visit to Norway early in their reign (cannot remember if it was a state visit). It would be great to see the Norwegian royals return the trip!

King Returns Home

News

I know that Abdullah and Rania made a visit to Norway early in their reign (cannot remember if it was a state visit). It would be great to see the Norwegian royals return the trip!

Yes they visit Norway during April 2000, was a State Visit. I hope norwegian royals visit now Jordan.:flowers:

King denounces Karachi suicide bombing - article
King, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques exchange views over telephone - article
Jordan hopes for positive outcome of Annapolis meeting - picture & article

Last edited:
22 October 2007
Today the IOC has launched the registration for the 4th IOC World Conference on Women and Sport. With Jordan as host for this event, the Conference will be held in the Middle East for the first time........

Under the patronage of Their Majesties, King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, and jointly organised by the IOC and the NOC of Jordan, the Conference will be an excellent platform to exchange expertise and best practice as well as collaborate for future action around the 2008 motto
INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE - NEWS

King Abdullah's 3-day working visit to China

King to pay working visit to China

Amman, Oct. 23 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II will start a three-day working visit to China on October 29th during which he will visit Beijing and Shanghai - article

King, Emir of Kuwait Discuss Cooperation
LINK
King Visits Army Headquarters
LINK

e-Learning conference opens Sunday in Jordan

AMMAN - Educators from around the world will gather along the shores of the Dead Sea on October 28-30 to discuss issues pertaining to e-learning, specifically how to provide quality education through the use of telecommunications technology.
In addition to Queen Rania, several speakers and educators will take part in the event, including HRH Princess Sumaya, who will chair a technical session. Article from zawya.com

King Departs for Bahrain in Short Visit

News

It’s a book for 9 to 12 years old kids (I didn’t read it).
I didn't know this. Thanks for the information.

King Abdullah in China: Article and pictures (yahoonews)

Queen Rania takes part in a youth forum organized by the United Nations Foundation and UNICEF in Amman: pictures (yahoonews)

Last edited:
Beijing, Oct. 31 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II said during a meeting with Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao at the Chinese Prime Ministry, that Jordan welcomes an active Chinese role in the Middle East that contributes to achieving stability and reflects China’s strategic weight.

The King stressed the necessity on building on these relations on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the establishment of Jordanian-Chinese relations with a view to further boosting them in other areas such as transfer of Chinese knowledge and technological expertise to Jordan.
News

is he going alone this time? i know princess raiyah has been with him to some visits to asia (thailand and japan), so she probably joined this time as well (?)

is he going alone this time? i know princess raiyah has been with him to some visits to asia (thailand and japan), so she probably joined this time as well (?)
Raiyah was with him and she's in some of the photos

The King and Queen of Jordan have wished the Thai monarch and his elder sister a speedy recovery.

His Majesty the King and his sister, Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani Vadhana, have been receiving treatment at Siriraj Hospital.

Jamnong Bhirombhakdi, the honorary consul of Jordan in Thailand, yesterday brought the message from King Abdullah II Bin Al-Hussein and Queen Rania Al-Abdullah and flowers to the hospital.

Bangkok's Independent Newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom