Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marie is not yet a member of the Royal Family and so her presence is not required. Next year though...

Both Mary and the Queen look stunning- love both gowns.

Video from today's kur from TV2

:flowers:

Margrethe is wearing the blue fur-trimmed gown from last year, and Mary looks to be wearing a pale colour along the lines of mauve, grey or silver

Here they are:
PPE Agency

I love Mary's new dress. It looks unusual and very elegant. The gloves complete the elegant look .

I'm not sure about Margrethe's giant Fur coat. Looks quite overwhelming.

Both the Queen and the Crown Princess Mary look stunning. Love the way Mary's done her hair. I have a doubt that can is slightly off topic but can anyone tell me whether the cloth from which Mary's gown is made belongs to a sari? It looks likes that to me. Also liked the Queen's speech,especially her comments about welcoming people from other countries into denmark. I think it was a very kind and gracious thing for her to say,especially in these times.

those are lovely pictures. Mary shines today, sorry to say but she over shined the Queen imo. The Queen with the all the fur looked abit too much while Mary looked very simpley looked well put together. Thanks for the Video JessRulz.

Was today a lunch or just meeting diplomats etc?

Mary and the queen looks stunning:) I love Mary`s necklace....

A lot of opinions re Mary are formed necessarily from photos, so it is nice to get first hand raves from those actually seeing her such as those sweet comments from Lars Henrik Aagaard of Berlingske Tidende. I especially liked hearing there were sighs from the press corps.

I think Mary couldn't look more elegant than she did today. This princess brings light to any ceremony she attends, but always with a discrete attitude. She never forgets that the future monarch will be Frederik, not her.

Mary looks so great! She wil make a wonderful Queen!

There is something what I don't like on Mary's today look. I like her gown. No photos of the gown without jacket.
I don't know what is this. Maybe her hair not the front but back - maybe if they'll be taken higher? or maybe it's her jacket - collar should be higher?

I think that she would look much better in this outfit but in different colour like red and these white gloves... hmmm

The Queen - terrible skirt.
I know that everyone has his/her own style (Elizabeth, Beatrix) but it's little borring watch her similar dresses/ otfits.

Last edited:
Wow! Mary's look was very elegant today. The gloves added to this effect. Great choice of a gown. IMO she outshined the queen (with all her fur).

Everything about regal Queen and royal Mary have been told already :), but I want to know why Queen and CP took they glove away while shaking hands?

Mary looks stunning today!!! Really love the new dress it's very, very elegant...
Mary really looks great today

but I want to know why Queen and CP took they glove away while shaking hands?

The right hand glove is nearly always removed while shaking hands so as to encourage a more 'personal' encounter.

Mary is channeling Jacqueline Kennedy in her diplomatic event gown -- it suits her quite a bit.

It is true it's suit her!
Margareth's dress looks ok but i don't like the fur on her dress

Last edited:
I think Mary looked better at the Diplomatic Reception and the Queen looked better at the gala.

What a gown! :D I love it! Mary looks very regal, elegant, and like a previous poster said - very Jackie Kennedy-esque. Margrethe, this is one of my favourite of her gowns - it just screams "Scandinavian Queen" for me

ETA: Pictures from Polfoto

Last edited:
I love her dress, the colour and the shape! She really will make a lovely Queen of Denmark!!!

I am in :wub: with Mary's ENTIRE look here. Oh my goodness, no other crown princess can dress like Mary. Breathtaking. . .

Maybe becouse someone whant to kiss their hands:ermm:

Great page about gloves The Etiquette of Opera Gloves

According to that, you're supposed to leave your gloves on. I know Queen Elizabeth keeps hers on even whilst shaking hands. But perhaps, even though you're supposed to leave them on, it doesn't seem polite.

Last edited by a moderator:
More news and photos (here, here, here, and here) about the New Year's Court at Amalienborg Palace.

DRWs is reporting, via Jyllands Posten, the details of the event dubbing it as the Hundreeds of Handshakes in the Knights Hall. The paper notes:

To the sound of trumpet fanfares worthy a majesty, the Queen went along with Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary into the waiting Diplomatic Corps in the Knights Hall at Christiansborg on Thursday morning.

To read more from the article please click here.

Finally, DRWs is reports about the Grand New Year's Court at Christianborg Palace in which the Queen arrived in a beautiful ornate gold carriage:

where they met Crown Prince Frederik and received military representatives and representatives from their patronages. They receive representatives from the Danish Defence and ...

A short video clip of the event.

To read more please click here.

Mary is channeling Jacqueline Kennedy in her diplomatic event gown -- it suits her quite a bit.

I thought that too. Mary looks phenomenal. I love that her hair is softly done up and I love the pearls, and of course the elegant gown, jacket and gloves. Aka I love everything about it!

Back
Top Bottom