The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Commoner

Hey, I said a while a go that I saw this programm of VH1: Young, sexy and Royal and I'va watched it again and this is what they said:
They said that Prince Amedeo will be the next hot prince and that he is the next Prince Harry, but even better looking
and that he is very timide and mysterious and that he is not a wild boy
And that he is serieus competition for Harry and William
I wish I could show you the show, but I can't find it on the internet, I taped it from TV, so it's on a video
Oh, I've posted a video on royal residence of belgium of the greenhouse, maybe you guys haven't seen it, just telling ya

xoxo,
Isabelle

Old 05-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Commoner

I guess he must be a wild boy too..Its just that he's not that frequently reported on, as Prince William and Prince Harry are..So we cant say or comment much..Does anybody know what he is planning to do now,now that he is graduating this year? Maybe our Belgium or UK members could help?

Old 05-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Nobility

In Australia here, SBS has just started a 6 part documentary on A Royal Family: The Father-in-law of Europe. I've just seen part 2 which traces the line of decent of the Belgian royal family from King Christian IX of Denmark. When they were talking about King Albert's II decendents they showed a clip of Lorenz, Astrid, Amedeo [a long, close up of him that lush red/blonde hair], Albert, Poala the same one from one of the VTM doco's online. It had J-C on it and never before seen [well, I havn't seen any of them] footages of Leopold III and Astrid. Apparantly J-C went to Leo III and sat on his lap and told him that she was ingaged and with a shocked/scared face, Leo apprantly went, "to who?" and as soon as J-C said Prince Jean of Luxembourg his face was relaxed. They explored the BRF during WWII and how J-C was so happy to see the American forces and ate a whole jar of peanut butter because all she had been having was dandelions.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Nobility

The thing was...the footage of Leo meeting Astrid when she was coming from Sweden...and the footage of Amedeo as a young boy...Amedeo looks a lot like King Leo III even when he was doing his military training.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:06 AM
Aristocracy

i see the resemblance too. amedeo does look like his great grandfather quite a bit but i think he's better lookin than Leo III
Old 05-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by flctylu
In Australia here, SBS has just started a 6 part documentary on A Royal Family: The Father-in-law of Europe. I've just seen part 2 which traces the line of decent of the Belgian royal family from King Christian IX of Denmark. When they were talking about King Albert's II decendents they showed a clip of Lorenz, Astrid, Amedeo [a long, close up of him that lush red/blonde hair], Albert, Poala the same one from one of the VTM doco's online. It had J-C on it and never before seen [well, I havn't seen any of them] footages of Leopold III and Astrid. Apparantly J-C went to Leo III and sat on his lap and told him that she was ingaged and with a shocked/scared face, Leo apprantly went, "to who?" and as soon as J-C said Prince Jean of Luxembourg his face was relaxed. They explored the BRF during WWII and how J-C was so happy to see the American forces and ate a whole jar of peanut butter because all she had been having was dandelions.
flctylu, is it possible for you to put that documentary here, in a link maybe? thanks in advance!
Old 05-10-2007, 02:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepentacle
flctylu, is it possible for you to put that documentary here, in a link maybe? thanks in advance!
Sorry, I don't have a link. It was a danish doco [spoken in English]. I'm really certain that there is a DVD avaliable on the series.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaLynne
Maybe the channel's website has it in a shop. If we are lucky, they do and we can order it from there.
actually, that is a good idea ...I found certain relevant websites of it.

about the programme : http://www.aroyalfamily.com/
the episode guide : Royal Family, A (Kongelig familie, En) (2003)

and this is where we can enquire about it : DR TV International Sales

but I dont know if they will deliver it other than for professional use...
Old 05-11-2007, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepentacle
actually, that is a good idea ...I found certain relevant websites of it.

about the programme : http://www.aroyalfamily.com/
the episode guide : Royal Family, A (Kongelig familie, En) (2003)

and this is where we can enquire about it : DR TV International Sales

but I dont know if they will deliver it other than for professional use...
I dont think that would make any difference. I mean, why sell it if it is only to be sold to other stations and such? Someone with extra cash to spend should order it and see if it works.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian princess
i'd pick amedeo over harry and william any day though
well said...

I was just wondering thought, but does anyone know if he has a girlfriend yet?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:07 AM
Aristocracy

Here's a tiny picture of Amedeo at the wedding of Archduke Carl Christian of Austria and Estelle de Saint Romain :

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2348/trf1ci9.png

I hope the link works, it is a picture from Point de Vue.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquine View Post
Here's a tiny picture of Amedeo at the wedding of Archduke Carl Christian of Austria and Estelle de Saint Romain :

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2348/trf1ci9.png

I hope the link works, it is a picture from Point de Vue.
Thank you so much Coquine . Handsome as always. Is that man beside him his uncle?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Aristocracy

i don't think thats a very fattering pic of him. he looks like lord frederik windsor there
Old 06-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Gentry

in that photo you can definetly see the resemblence between him and his father.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flctylu View Post
Thank you so much Coquine . Handsome as always. Is that man beside him his uncle?
You're welcome and yes, you're right, the man with the beard is a younger brother of Lorenz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian princess View Post
i don't think thats a very flattering pic of him. he looks like lord frederik windsor there

I agree, there have been nicer pictures of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessElena View Post
I was just wondering though, but does anyone know if he has a girlfriend yet?

As you probably already noticed, he’s a very private person. I think nobody here on the royal forums really knows whether he currently has a girlfriend or not. I remember that, a while ago, a Belgian television programme about royals showed some footage from his time in the military where you could see a girl smiling at him and him smiling back and becoming all red. So don’t expect him to be an innocent angel, especially now he’s in London away from his parents. I think in the end (I mean for marriage later on) he’ll probably find himself a nice aristocratic girl. I don’t expect another fairytale love story like with Fred and Mary, where the prince falls in love with a commoner from a country far far away. This is the Belgian royal family after all.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Nobility

^ true but I like the fact that he is discreet but they should atleast make him attend some family functions so that we can get some pictures.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

thank you for the picture from Prince Amedeo at the wedding.
I hope there will be new pictures soon too.
I'm personally hoping that Amedeo will come to the "défilé" in Brussels on the Belgian national day (21 of july). But I don't know if he will come. He and his sisters and brother don't like the media attention around it and maybe they're on holiday. So whe will have to wait and see.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:12 AM
Commoner

plus if there might be some graduation party for him, there will be some photographs from there too...
Old 06-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Nobility

Here are pictures of Amedeo visiting the King in the hospital.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 06-27-2007, 03:38 AM
Commoner

thank you for the photos kaydura!!

Tags
amedeo, archduke amedeo, austria-este, habsburg, pictures, prince amedeo