Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 17

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That's where we've seen the dress before, I knew I had seen it
but couldn't remember when and where..:)

Here are a few additions to yesterday's pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

And pics from today:

Prince Philippe attends the 25th anniversary of the IMEC Technology
Forum (ITF) at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Brussels, Belgium on June 3, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Last edited:
Pics 7.6.2009

Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde vote at the polling station in
Laken/ Laeken, on Sunday 07 June 2009. Today, Belgians elect
their representatives in the regional and European Union.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga ** getty gallery **

Last edited:
Crown Princely couple was very happy to exercise their civil right. I wonder how they choose for whom to vote. Do they follow a particular candidate?

It is great to see them out voting. I wasn't aware that royals could vote, but it is nice to see them encouraging others to vote.

In Belgium voting is obligatory. So in fact there is need to encourage others.

Everyone's vote is private, also the vote of the princes. And certainly the prince cannot show his political affection, as he has to be above all parties when he will be king.

It's is sure they won't vote Vlaams Belang, LDD or NVA. Spa would be strange too as it is more the workingclass party. Maybe they vote Groen/Ecolo, CD&V/ CDH or VLD/ MR

Crown Princess Mathilde enjoyed interacting with people, who came to vote. Has the Crown Princely couple got any security people nearby?

I'm quite sure they are never very far! Although it would be illegal for the security guards to enter the polling booth with the royals :D
They are just discreet. Besides, this is not an "official event" as such, the Princes are just doing their duty. So maybe there was less security than usual.

I never paid any attention to royal body guards presuming that most European royals are safe among ordinary people. Unfortunate incident in the Netherlands made me change my opinion. The Belgian Crown Princely couple is my favourite and I do not want anyone to harm them. I am glad to know that they are protected.
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Duc+de+Vendome+Philomena+de+Tornos+Celebrate+ushccz8Io-Rl.jpg
Duc de Vendome and Philomena de Tornos Celebrate Wedding in Senlis - Pictures - Zimbio (originally posted by MAfan)
They did have a visible security at Prince Jean's wedding.

Pics 11.6.2009

Belgium's Crown Prince Philippe looks on during a visit to soldiers
of the "Quick Response" exercise at the airfield in Zoersel, June 11,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium pictured as they arrive to attend a concert with several laureates of the Queen Elisabeth International Music Competition Violin 2009, Wednesday 10 June 2009, at the Centre of Fine Arts Bozar in Brussels. BELGA PHOTO BENOIT DOPPAGNE

Imageshack - 14142326.jpg
Imageshack - 14142329.jpg
Imageshack - 14142330.jpg
Imageshack - 14142332.jpg
Imageshack - 14142333.jpg
Imageshack - 14142335.jpg
Imageshack - 14142361.jpg

She looks simple and elegant:flowers:

Princess Mathilde visited the redaction of the Flemish educationa magazine "Klasse". This started out as an information magazine for teachers, but soon there were also magazines with information about educational developments for parents, and even for children.

The Princess was very interested in how the magazine works, and says she always reads the magazine when her daughter Elisabeth brings it home.

See here for a video (let's hope it sticks this time)

I think it is great that Princess Mathilde has such an interest in this magazine! It sounds like a great publication, and Mathilde's visit will give the magazine some publicity. I am glad to hear that she always takes the time to read it; I'm sure that it contains some great parenting ideas, and tips to help children get more out of their school work.

Lovely photos!!!!!!

Mathilde looks as good as usual, so elegant, radiant and happy.

Pics 23.6.2009

Here's an additional gallery with pics:

Princess Mathilde visits Klasse redaction at Flemish Education
Minister. 06/22/2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** IBL **

And great new pics from today:

Princess Mathilde of Belgium during a visit to the European
school, Tuesday 23 June 2009 in Brussels, Belgium.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga **

Last edited:
wow, she is stunning today! More then usually, I mean...

I like Princess Mathilde so very much! She is becoming more and more lovely and beautiful.

Princess Mathilde has class and elegance.She is so sweet and beautiful:flowers:

Thanks for the pics from both days:) She looks so relaxed and happy and the orange shirt she is wearing looks wonderful!

It is the expression of Princess Mathilde's eyes which has become even more beautiful, imho.

If you see her like this, moderating and with the microphone,
it's quite easy to imagine her as a TV lady :) And the
interaction with the girl in pic 5 is nice..

Here are some additional pics from ibl:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

She does appear to be a natural at interviewing! I believe that she has a degree in speech communication, or a similar field. It is not hard to imagine Mathilde as a TV presenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom