Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: January 2014 -December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
She isn't very at ease with public speaking. I mean in this slightly more formal context.

Princess Charlene is not used nor trained on public speaking and it shows in this video.She sounded quite nervous too. Glad she made time to be present tho.

IMO she did a good job. Like Kate she is nervous about public speaking and it shows but she standing up and trying

Yes, she did a good job, perhaps a little stressed and nervous, but who is not nervous in speaking in public.?
She already did a speech in public . at the princess Grace exhiition in Australia or at the princess Grace awards gala, she was more ease.but it was different.

I think that with a little more od practice she will be fine... she stumbled few times over her words but that is not the worst speech I have ever heard... I wonder when or ,if at this point, she is going to read at least several sentences in french...

I've never considered her to be a person who particularly lacked confidence so I was surprised by quite how diffident she was. She needed to make more eye contact with her audience.

A very trained person can have more contact with the public, it is more easy to say than to do.
As I said it , Charlene did very good speechs at the princess Grace awards gala and at the exhibition of Princess Grace at Bendigo.
She was stressed yesterday but this speech was not so bad.and she did a good job in supporting the rights of the women and that is important.

Article in pure people

Charlene de Monaco, retour à la maternité : La jeune maman émue et câline...

One thing is for certain: Princess Charlene is great with children... It is always heartwarming to see her around kids... I think that should become her main focus and patronage

A
She was stressed yesterday but this speech was not so bad.and she did a good job in supporting the rights of the women and that is important...[/url]

It wasn't brilliant either.

As for supporting the rights of women, her older child is less important than her younger sibling purely because she's female. And yes, I understand Charlene is not responsible for that but how does she reconcile the message of her speech with her own daughter's situation?

I enjoyed the speech, it had excellent content was well delivered with only a couple of minor stumbles. I too thought of Gabriella when listening to it but Monaco's succession laws are nothing to do with PC.

I agree with Angela, what can she do ??? And we will never know if reigning is not an awful chore....of course lots of honours but also lots of obligations and the impossibility of real freedom.... always being watched. I may be wrong but it is my opinion.

To day, it was the religious day 'Fete Dieu' with a mass in the palace, Princess Charlene attended the mass in the palace, Prince Albert was not present, he was at Marseille witrh President Hollande and french ministers for a environement event

https://www.facebook.com/118738351508593/photos/pcb.845151115533976/845151042200650/?type=1&theater

Other photo of Princess Charlene during the mass of 'Fete Dieu'

https://www.facebook.com/118738351508593/photos/pcb.845151115533976/845151038867317/?type=1&theater

Who will be more free Prince Jacques or Princess Gabriella.? It will be Gabriella who will be able to choose what work she will do. Jacques will have no choice.
Charlene and Albert do not any difference between their children as we saw it at their births and at their christenings.

To day, it was the religious day 'Fete Dieu' with a mass in the palace, Princess Charlene attended the mass in the palace, Prince Albert was not present, he was at Marseille witrh President Hollande and french ministers for a environement event

https://www.facebook.com/118738351508593/photos/pcb.845151115533976/845151042200650/?type=1&theater

Charlene detractors who say she only converted for "show" need to see these photos. It's obvious to me at least that her faith is very meaningful to her. If she had skipped Mass today no one would have been the wiser.

At this point, she goes to Mass more regularly than her husband and his sisters and their children.

Moonmaiden23, I fully agree with you. I also get the feeling she is committed to her Faith. It was written somewhere that the only time she left the babies during their stay in hospital was to attend Mass. I also previously asked whether the fact that she has been constantly wearing the Cross around her neck lately had any religious significance, given that she has never been keen to wear chains/chokers before. If it is indeed so, I personally would greatly admire that.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Yes, C4A I think Nice-Matin or Paris Match reported that she had gone to pray privately for the well-being of her babies and also for her husband, but it was shortly before her confinement.

I did not know about her leaving the hospital. There is a Chapel inside the Princess Grace Hospital, so Charlene would not have needed to leave.

I don't know if she has always been a religious person but I think she definitely is now.

I think it was mentioned in the article that she visited the Chapel in the PGH.

I think that with a little more od practice she will be fine... she stumbled few times over her words but that is not the worst speech I have ever heard... I wonder when or ,if at this point, she is going to read at least several sentences in french...

She has a very lovely, elegant South African accent. All she needs to do is to practice making eye contact with the audience for longer periods. She was really trying.

And yes, it would be wonderful if some day she gave a speech in the official language of her adopted country.:whistling:

She has a very lovely, elegant South African accent. All she needs to do is to practice making eye contact with the audience for longer periods. She was really trying.

And yes, it would be wonderful if some day she gave a speech in the official language of her adopted country.:whistling:

Yes, she really was, but along w/the eye contact, I think Charlene would also benefit from slowing down a wee bit in her delivery. I read really fast, so was constantly tripping up when reading something out loud. Once I started to use my finger to move along the text as I was reading it, it was amazing how much things improved for me in that department. Maybe if Charlene tried that, it very well could help.

It's just a shame it was such a major event and speech for her first one. The inexperience really showed.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

She has a very lovely, elegant South African accent. All she needs to do is to practice making eye contact with the audience for longer periods.

This was also the point I was trying to make - it s just a question of practice. I also like the South African accent - I think it makes things sound clearer, and as you say, elegant.

I also think what she said was much on point (although I found the link with sports a bit tenuous) but I still find it slightly ironic given the heir situation with the twins. Nothing to do with Charlene (as I said), Gabriella may well have more choice but still... ironic.

She looks good in the St. Jean pic - I like that shade of blue. She does seem to have embraced her Catholic faith and found comfort/guidance in it. As to whether she attends mass more than anyone else how do we know that? Caroline, for example, is also known to be a regular mass goer.

It is not the Saint Jean day, It was the fete Dieu fest. The Saint Jean day will be on june 23th, this day, there is no mass only a fire is lighted on the place of the palace.
The fest of Fete Dieu is more religious. In Monaco, there are masses in Monacoand there is this procession in the place with the attendance of the sovereignor the princely couple or as yesterday, Princess Charlene the wife of the sovereign.

Photos published by the official page of the palace

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1042753105737228.1073742012.286449344700945&type=3

the photos of the honor yard are very beautiful.

Another great gallery of pics from yesterday's Fete Dieu. The pp galleries are always good, their pics sharp and good to enlarge.

http://www.purepeople.com/article/c...la-fete-dieu-superbement-recueillie_a160832/1

The newly renovated courtyard does indeed look absolutely fabulous! It is not yet fully completed as can be seen on some of the pics. P Charlene looks amazing too, very calm and at peace. I think it is good that she takes on more duties in Monaco, thereby staying close to the twins.

So Fete Dieu, or "Fite de Dieu" as Daily Fail calls it-is just a "ROMISH FESTIVAL"??!

Can these writers possibly be any more ignorant? I am beginning to suspect they aren't even real writers, just trained mechanical monkeys.

What an embarrassment.:sad:

Last edited:
Moonmaiden 23, you are right, DM publishs good photos but there are always mistakes in their articles.
Fete Dieu is a big religious fest and not a romish festival, these reporters are very ignorant. are they only reporters?

The pictures are absolutely breathtaking! And the courtyard & balcony always amazes me with its beauty, in fact whenever I first see it I think of this historic & classic picture: https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...4&.crumb=Zvix7TRVe3Z&fr=yfp-t-901&fr2=piv-web

Regards faith, it's a very personal thing, and private, not to be judged by how many pictures are taken. jmho.

Charlene grows more beautiful inside & out as each year passes, especially this year with the birth of her twins. :flowers:

Prince Albert proves patience truly is a virtue. I recall over the decades how everybody kept asking when is Albert going to get married, et al, but he didn't let any of that deter him. He didn't let the pressure get to him, even from his own family, he waited until he was in his 50's to marry Mrs. Right. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom