Prince Rainier Current Events 1 : Nov.2002 - Apr.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody please tell me how I can access the photos from colourpress?! I used to be able to but recently a small window keeps coming up to tell me to login. Thanks a million!

I am praying for Prince Rainier and his family. May God be with them at this difficult time.

I just feel like saying this: ' I'm with you with all my heart'

I think this very well might be something which Rainier can't overcome. I think everyone should say a prayer or two this Holy Week for him, for his comfort, and for his soul.

grecka said:
I think everyone should say a prayer or two this Holy Week for him, for his comfort, and for his soul.

What a very kind and comforting thing to suggest, grecka.

Julia said:
What a very kind and comforting thing to suggest, grecka.
I agree. My thoughts and prayers are with his family during this very sad time. LadyMacAlpine, I'm very sorry about your father, and you are most right; it's hard to watch someone you love die, and I think it would make it worse having a constant media presence. I hope that they are all there for one another. Its at difficult times like these that people need love and support.

How are the chances for Prince Rainier III now? Will he recover?

Ephram said:
How are the chances for Prince Rainier III now? Will he recover?

One can only hope...but if it is not meant to be, I would like to find solace in thinking of it more in terms of Prince Rainier being reunited with Princess Grace. I lost my own mother a year and a half ago to cancer, and I see my own father missing her terribly. I am keeping Prince Rainier and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

For those who wondered where Albert was he was in Monaco and seen leaving the hospital after seeing his father Thursday today before 8:30 EST. Anytime someone is on a respirator the condition is serious.

Infections can bring on congestive heart failure, which can lower blood pressure and ultimately lead to kidney failure. Heart failure also depresses the respiratory system, making breathing difficult.
Doctors often use respirators and dialysis machines to lighten the workload of the body while healing from an infection. Once the infection is cleared, the machines can be disconnected and the body can resume its normal function, said Dr. James Underberg, an internist at New York University Medical Center.

However, respiratory infections in the elderly can be deadly, Underberg added.

Also changes in the Constitution were done in order for Monaco to become a member of the Counsel of Europe and other changes had to be made as well

Last edited:
Thanks for the article Michelle & for this update LadyMacAlpine.

I'm also trying to keep track of the news here.

According to the Italian TV news Prince Rainier has already received the Extreme Unction. This means that his conditions are very serious.

What very sad, sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time.

It's also been extremely nice to see so many kind comments from you all. It's obvious that Rainier has touched many lives.

That´s so sad, sad.
I hope he recover soon and my prayers go to him and all his family and people who love him.
Thanks Tosca for the info and for everyone .

There have already been said so many
touching words here, I'm veryvery sad
as well, and simply like to light a candle..

All our prayers and wishes for the family..

Attachments

• candle.jpg
    candle.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 127
We afraid and do not want to say about in the worst case,but i know that the sick in heart and lungs are very serious and dangerous.It's not easy to prevent it.Many people in the world died of it.But we all pray for him, we all wish him can recover it.

According to the Associated Press, Rainier is suffering both renal and cardiac failure and is on life-support.

ghostly11 said:
Julia, it's like you read my mind. I thought we could do a photo tribute here, too. I know we're feeling sad and helpless right now, but I thought it would be nice to celebrate the life of this man while the world still has him by sharing pictures of him from over the years.

What a lovely idea, ghostly11. You have posted one of my very favourite photos of Rainier--I adore the photo of him with Stephanie and Albert (those two precious children are Albert and Stephanie and not Caroline and Albert, right?). It is so very precious and I think it reveals a good deal about him. He seems to have loved being a father and grandfather very much. In all of the photos I've seen of him with his children and grandchildren he always looks so very happy and content as though the role of father and grandfather pleases him most.

Some photos of H.S.H Prince Rainier III

One with Princess Grace (taken by Howell Conant) and another of Rainier by himself as a young prince...

Attachments

• Rainier.bmp
    54.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Grace&Rainier.jpg
    Grace&Rainier.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 147
ghostly11 said:
Exactly. I believe that's what he's been living for in his later years...and, of course, his beloved Monaco.

Absolutely. Rainier has really loved Monaco and the Monegasque people and the people have really loved him in return...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom