The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is very likely that Albert's regency will be permanent.

It is heartbreaking to think of the family....

I have confidence in Albert, he knows very well what has to be done.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

Has Rainier abdicated or is Albert just acting in his absence like Crown Prince Haakon is while his father undergoes surgery?

Old 03-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, obviously the case of Rainier is not the same as the case of King Harald.
As outlooks that Rainier will recover are very, very reserved this might be a turning of the page of Monaco's history.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the update...I'm also very confident like Michelle that Prince Albert knows how to do his job well.

My prayers are with Rainier, the family, and Monegasques.

BTW this is off topic I know but since we mentioned her here last weekend...I would like to inform you that sadly Terry Schiavo passed away this morning today.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Message from HSH Prince Albert of Monaco on assuming the Regency.

Source: Palais.mc

Quote:
Le jeudi 31 mars 2005
Message de S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert
« Mes chers compatriotes,
En ces moments particulièrement difficiles pour nous tous, je souhaite vous dire combien mes sœurs et moi-même sommes sensibles aux marques de soutien que vous nous témoignez.
Comme vous le savez, l'état de santé de Notre Père reste toujours très fragile. Tous les soins nécessaires Lui sont prodigués par une équipe médicale que je veux remercier pour son dévouement de chaque instant.
Aujourd'hui, devant l'empêchement de Mon Père à exercer Ses Hautes Fonctions, j'assumerai en Son nom la plénitude des Pouvoirs Souverains.
Je souhaite vous assurer que je m'y consacrerai avec force, conviction et passion. Dans ces responsabilités, pour notre pays, je sais pouvoir compter sur chacune et chacun de vous. »
Old 03-31-2005, 02:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Regence 31 mars 2005

Source: Palais.mc

Quote:
Le jeudi 31 mars 2005
COMMUNIQUE
Conformément aux Statuts de la Famille Souveraine, le Conseil de la Couronne, saisi par le Secrétaire d'Etat, après en avoir informé S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert, a constaté l'empêchement pour S.A.S. le Prince Rainier III d'exercer Ses Hautes Fonctions.
Dés lors, la Régence est assurée par S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Le jeudi 31 mars 2005
NOTE D'INFORMATIONS
L'Ordonnance Souveraine du 29 mai 2002 relative aux Statuts de la Famille Souveraine prévoit dans son article 6, deuxième alinéa, que l'impossibilité pour le Prince Régnant d'exercer Ses fonctions est constatée par le Conseil de la Couronne saisi par le Secrétaire d'Etat.
La dégradation de l'état de santé de S.A.S. le Prince Souverain a conduit le Secrétaire d'Etat, M. René Novella, après en avoir informé S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert, à saisir le Président du Conseil de la Couronne, M. Charles Ballerio, en application des dispositions qui précèdent.
Le Conseil de la Couronne, réuni ce jour au Palais Princier, a constaté que S.A.S. le Prince Souverain était dans l'impossibilité d'exercer Ses fonctions comme en témoignent les attestations du Professeur Jean-Charles Piette et des Docteurs Vincent Dor et Jean Joseph Pastor, dont il a pris connaissance.
Conformément à l'article 6 de l'Ordonnance Souveraine du 22 mai 2002 relative aux Statuts de la Famille Souveraine, la Régence est exercée par S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert. Les fonctions du Régent commencent dès le moment de la constatation de l'empêchement de S.A.S. le Prince Souverain.
Suivant l'article 12 de l'Ordonnance Souveraine précitée, S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert est habilité à exercer la plénitude des pouvoirs souverains au nom de S.A.S. le Prince Souverain empêché.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy

Translation?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

It basically says that Prince Albert is in charge of the Regency in Monaco.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
As outlooks that Rainier will recover are very, very reserved this might be a turning of the page of Monaco's history.

Even though we have known this day has been coming, I don't think anyone can ever be truly prepared for it. It is terribly sad to see the end of such a wonderful era of history. My thoughts and prayers are with Prince Rainier, his family, and his people.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

« Mes chers compatriotes,

En ces moments particulièrement difficiles pour nous tous, je souhaite vous dire combien mes sœurs et moi-même sommes sensibles aux marques de soutien que vous nous témoignez.

Comme vous le savez, l'état de santé de Notre Père reste toujours très fragile. Tous les soins nécessaires Lui sont prodigués par une équipe médicale que je veux remercier pour son dévouement de chaque instant.

Aujourd'hui, devant l'empêchement de Mon Père à exercer Ses Hautes Fonctions, j'assumerai en Son nom la plénitude des Pouvoirs Souverains.

Je souhaite vous assurer que je m'y consacrerai avec force, conviction et passion. Dans ces responsabilités, pour notre pays, je sais pouvoir compter sur chacune et chacun de vous. »

Message de S.A.S Albert , le Prince de Monaco
Old 03-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Royal Highness

Since we've got another running News and Picture thread on Rainier, I'm going to close this one. Here is the link to the other thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...864#post192864
Old 03-31-2005, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

For those who can't read French I am working on a translation and will post when done.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Lady...I was just preparing to do so...but thanx that you're doing it.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
Thank you Lady...I was just preparing to do so...but thanx that you're doing it.
Be my guest and feel free to translate your post I will work on the others. It would be nice for those of you who do make posts in a lanuage besides English to do so below the orginal to save time. Now I regret not learning French when I was told to so I would understand. I am useing a translator.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ah, ok bon d'accord je vais le faire alors.....( sorry alright I'll do so):

'My dear compatriots,

In these moments particularly difficult for all of us I would like to tell you how much my sisters and myself appriciate the gestures of support that you all show us.
As you all know the situation of health of our beloved father remains very fragile. All necessary treatments are assured by a team of doctors whom we would like to thank for their care of each moment.
Today, facing the incapabality of my father I will assure all o his functions, I will assure the total of his souveain power.
I would like to assure you that I'll fullfill these duties with strength,conviction and passion. In this responsabilty for our country I know that I can count on each and everyone of you"

S.A.S Albert de Monaco
Old 03-31-2005, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

My french is not very good, I can understand most of it but I'm not sure at times if I'm correct, and I didn't translate it because maybe I could confuse you more.

Anyway I had also though about translating it before :)
Old 03-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Albert has taken over regency of Monaco, that’s what he’s been
prepared for since he was born. It’s his destiny one could say
and we are all sure, he’ll do a great job. He has had the best
teacher, his father, and will surely fulfill this new role. The
few words he published today show what a sensible and
intelligent man he is. It only so terribly sad that in most
monarchies the new regent is crowned after the former one
has died..No time for celebrations…

All my prayers go to Rainier and his family..
Old 03-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the info and the translate michelle.
Iceflower i agree with you: it´s sad that the new regent is crowened after the former one died, there is no time to celebrete or made it happier. Anyway i´m glad that Albert is the new regent, but the info worries me ,maybe Ranier is really bad.I hope not.
My prayers go to him and his people.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:31 PM
Royal Highness

Not able to access intenet last few days..it's so heartwarming to see all best wishes for Prince Rainier's health..

I found also article (this evening) on Ireland On Line referring to Prince Albert taking regency over Monaco;
Link; http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/stor...82&p=y384x9888

All my prayers go to Prince and family..
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

From http://www.palais.mc/wwwpal.nsf/(NewsActu)/e639ecc20b27cd8bc1256fd5005c5427?OpenDocument

Le jeudi 31 mars 2005
COMMUNIQUE

Conformément aux Statuts de la Famille Souveraine, le Conseil de la Couronne, saisi par le Secrétaire d'Etat, après en avoir informé S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert, a constaté l'empêchement pour S.A.S. le Prince Rainier III d'exercer Ses Hautes Fonctions.
Dés lors, la Régence est assurée par S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert.

Translation

In accordance with the Statutes of the Sovereign Family, the Council
of the Crown, seized by the Secretary of State, after having informed
S.A.S of them. the Prince Héréditaire Albert, noted the prevention
for S.A.S. the Prince Rainier III to exert His High positions.

Le jeudi 31 mars 2005
NOTE D'INFORMATIONS

L'Ordonnance Souveraine du 29 mai 2002 relative aux Statuts de la Famille Souveraine prévoit dans son article 6, deuxième alinéa, que l'impossibilité pour le Prince Régnant d'exercer Ses fonctions est constatée par le Conseil de la Couronne saisi par le Secrétaire d'Etat.
La dégradation de l'état de santé de S.A.S. le Prince Souverain a conduit le Secrétaire d'Etat, M. René Novella, après en avoir informé S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert, à saisir le Président du Conseil de la Couronne, M. Charles Ballerio, en application des dispositions qui précèdent.
Le Conseil de la Couronne, réuni ce jour au Palais Princier, a constaté que S.A.S. le Prince Souverain était dans l'impossibilité d'exercer Ses fonctions comme en témoignent les attestations du Professeur Jean-Charles Piette et des Docteurs Vincent Dor et Jean Joseph Pastor, dont il a pris connaissance.
Conformément à l'article 6 de l'Ordonnance Souveraine du 22 mai 2002 relative aux Statuts de la Famille Souveraine, la Régence est exercée par S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert. Les fonctions du Régent commencent dès le moment de la constatation de l'empêchement de S.A.S. le Prince Souverain.
Suivant l'article 12 de l'Ordonnance Souveraine précitée, S.A.S. le Prince Héréditaire Albert est habilité à exercer la plénitude des pouvoirs souverains au nom de S.A.S. le Prince Souverain empêché.

Translation
The Sovereign Ordinance of May 29, 2002 relating to the Statutes of
the Sovereign Family provides in her article 6, second subparagraph,
that impossibility for the Prince Reigning to exert His functions is
noted by the Council of the Crown seized by the Secretary of State.

The degradation of the health of S.A.S. Prince Souverain led the
Secretary of State, Mr. Rene Novella, after having informed S.A.S of
them. the Prince Héréditaire Albert, to seize the President of the
Council of the Crown, Mr. Charles Ballerio, pursuant to the provisions
which precede.

The Council of the Crown, joined together this day with the Princely
Palate, noted that S.A.S. Prince Souverain had no possibility to exert
His functions as the certificates testify some to Professor
Jean-Charles Piette and Doctor Vincent Dor and Jean Joseph Pastor, of
which it took note.

In accordance with article 6 of the Sovereign Ordinance of May 22,
2002 relating to the Statutes of the Sovereign Family, Regency is
exerted by S.A.S. the Prince Héréditaire Albert. The functions of
the Regent start as of the moment of the observation of the prevention
of S.A.S. Prince Souverain.

According to article 12 of the above mentioned Sovereign Ordinance,
S.A.S. the Prince Héréditaire Albert is entitled to exert the
plenitude of the sovereign capacities in the name of S.A.S. Prince
prevented Souverain.

Translation done at http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box
As you will see not all words translate well but it will give you a good idea of what it says. Also posted on Alberts thread since it is about him as well. I hope all give the man a chance to show what he can do and the respect he deserves for stepping into a position that carries a lot of weight even though Monaco is small.

Closed Thread