Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Current Events 3 : June 2006 - Jan.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder the same but about their meeting with Caro and Step's childrens.

This is off the subject but I would really like to give our moderators a big round of applause (clap, clap, clap) and standing ovation because they must have been working 24/7 and then some for the last several days.:) We've been off the chain I know.:D I'm going to try to sign out now but TRF is highly addictive.

soCal girl said:
Monaco's Prince Albert II concedes paternity of a 14-year-old schoolgirl. The mother is a former waitress.
What does she do now for a living? It seems both Tamara and Nicole ave decided to stop working and are living on Albert's money...as much as I've blamed and criticized Albert for his behaviour towards his children, I find it an insult to the category of women, if they actually are living on Albert's child support; they are young and healthy, and they could easily support themselves (while getting money for their kids of course).

Toledo said:
I don't think she and her mother will remain in Califonia for long. The people in that community cannot keep the press at bay for much longer now that she is the news-of-the-week girl. And at that age, who would she trust from now on, friends and teachers? neighbohrs and relatives? By now everyone around her is thinking on the new gold mine that just sprouted in California.

And then there are the boys her age. She will be marked as the prize to have, after all, she is Princess Grace grand daugther. Elspeth, that girl is going to have quite a disturbing coming to age years. Best thing for her and her mother is to pack and leave before it escalates out of control. I wonder if the chateau next to the Coste's is for sale these days? :rolleyes:
Funny I love that chateau idea. Maybe they should be neighbours. I think they can become good friends and raise the half siblings together next to PA. And its true she is coming out at a wrong time. I think i had mentioned that in one of my earlier posts. She should have either grown up with it or gotten the fame after adulthood. I cant begin to think what she is going through.

Grace said:
What does she do now for a living? It seems both Tamara and Nicole ave decided to stop working and are living on Albert's money...as much as I've blamed and criticized Albert for his behaviour towards his children, I find it an insult to the category of women, if they actually are living on Albert's child support; they are young and healthy, and they could easily support themselves (while getting money for their kids of course).

I agree with you. According to reports, she sells real estate. However, seeing that she lives in a gated community and sends her daughter to a private school, makes me question where she gets that kind of money. Living in California is not cheap, even in the desert of Palm Springs. Neither is going to private school. Unless you're really lucky and sell property everyday, real estate is not a steady enough source of income. You have to wonder how she's able to support that kind of lifestyle, and I don't think it's from her divorce settlement.

With Nicole, I think she stopped working altogether and live off the Albert's support for Alexandre. Even if she has the best of intentions, I think it looks bad. I think that Albert's money should be used to support the children, not their mothers. The children will need financial support for their upbringing but any personal lifestyle spending by their mothers should be their mothers' responsibility. Otherwise, it just reinforces the belief that they were golddiggers.

Grace re living on Albert's child support. Actually you don't know anything about JG's mother. Moonlightrhapsody. Didn't you see that the grandfather said they had been getting support for quite a while from PA. Thus the expensive school. And Palm Desert is an exclusive, big money town,big money.

Grace, who would you get to take care of Alex, a nanny? I think its common knowledge that well-to-do fathers involve the mother in the whole support idea. To have their mother care for them is of the utmost,imo I think its fair for them to even have a separate allotment, just me. And I've not been that lucky but I admire that.

Whats in a name?

Jazmin was officially named Grimaldi at birth. She has used Grimaldi as her surname thus far in her life. All of the press releases refer to her as Jazmin Rotolo, even though her school still lists her as Grimaldi.

Is part of the public agreement that Jazmin drop the Grimaldi name so Albert doesn't seem to be favoring her over Eric Alexandre or because the initial announcement came from Albert (as Rotolo), the other media organizations just ran with it rather than check their facts?

Even here on RTF, its confusing. The original threads had JGG and then JG (Rotolo) which made sense given her unconfirmed status. This thread thread started as JGR but has now changed to JGG.

I'll stick with JGG as Albert could have argued for the change a long time ago. And I'm sticking with Eric Alexandre Coste (for reasons I've elaborated a few times in various threads). But an official clarification would sure help.

I think the very next statement Albert needs to have issued is the names he wants his children referred to/addressed by/called!

Ann

poor girl! What an identity mess her father is dragging her into. As an example of a similar situation that happened some years ago in Spain, one of the out of wedlock kids King Alfonso XIII had was Leandro. He was the product of one of the King's many extra-marital indiscretions that drove crazy his wife, Consort Queen Victoria Battenberg and the king's mother Dowager Queen Cristina Hapsburg.

Leandro was the child he had with the beautiful actress Carmen Ruiz Moragas. For years Leandro was a welcome member in the house of Borbon-Spain gatherings until he got fed up and demanded the use of his rightful name Borbon for him and his children. That's all he wanted, no money, no titles, only the dignity of having his father's name. And he got it. And then he became a social pariah in the Spain of Juan Carlos just like the members of the defeated Duke of Cadiz branch who wanted the throne from the hands of Franco.

Now history repeats itself with another family, the Grimaldis. The poor child has to give up a name she has thought hers for 14 years only to please the will of a father that hardly knows her.

Last edited:
Neat2912 said:
Grace re living on Albert's child support. Actually you don't know anything about JG's mother. Moonlightrhapsody. Didn't you see that the grandfather said they had been getting support for quite a while from PA. Thus the expensive school. And Palm Desert is an exclusive, big money town,big money.

Grace, who would you get to take care of Alex, a nanny? I think its common knowledge that well-to-do fathers involve the mother in the whole support idea. To have their mother care for them is of the utmost,imo I think its fair for them to even have a separate allotment, just me. And I've not been that lucky but I admire that.
Well said, a lot of men not neccessariy rich even but if they can they include the mother in the child support so the mother can give their kids (the man's) full attention. I am sure in pa case this would be the case. For alex to enjoy some of those nice things his father wants him to, he has to include NC. That includes the house and lavish vacations. He is not going to send his kid on vacation and have him stay at the motel six because of NC. Nor is he going to send him with the nanny. Ca va pas?

Even here on RTF, its confusing. The original threads had JGG and then JG (Rotolo) which made sense given her unconfirmed status. This thread thread started as JGR but has now changed to JGG.

This thread started as Jazmin Grace Grimaldi; I should know, I started it! Since it's the name on her birth certificate, and since her father is now known to be a Grimaldi, the question mark over her paternity is no longer there.

If there's an official announcement from Tamara Rotolo or her attorney that her daughter is to be known as Jazmin Rotolo, we'll change the thread title. For the moment, since Prince Albert's lawyers (who have said she isn't entitled to the name) don't have jurisdiction in the USA, the thread title is staying as is.

Neat2912 said:

Moonlightrhapsody knows as much as the rest of us, I dare say. None of us know how much money Tamara Rotolo makes from her real estate job or where every last penny of her income is coming from. It sounds as though she's been receiving money from Prince Albert throughout Jazmin's life, but I don't recall anywhere that said it was or was not her only source of income.

Elspeth said:
This thread started as Jazmin Grace Grimaldi; I should know, I started it! Since it's the name on her birth certificate, and since her father is now known to be a Grimaldi, the question mark over her paternity is no longer there.

If there's an official announcement from Tamara Rotolo or her attorney that her daughter is to be known as Jazmin Rotolo, we'll change the thread title. For the moment, since Prince Albert's lawyers (who have said she isn't entitled to the name) don't have jurisdiction in the USA, the thread title is staying as is.

What if, out of courtesy to this young girl, we just agree to start calling her by her names: Jazmin Grace? In that way we stop guessing daily on what to call her until all legal things are cleared. :cool:

Another article and photo of Jazmin. http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060602/NEWS01/606020331

Why not just name it like the Alexandre and Nicole thread? "Jazmin and Tamara Rotolo" because we already know there will be talk about her mother as well. This way it covers both parties as was done in the other. They are a pair's and always will be.

I do want to say according to a Monegasque what I posted regarding duel citizenship is incorrect. According to their Constitution for Jazmin to accept citizenship she has to renounce her American citizenship the reason Princess Grace did.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I agree with you. According to reports, she sells real estate. However, seeing that she lives in a gated community and sends her daughter to a private school, makes me question where she gets that kind of money. Living in California is not cheap, even in the desert of Palm Springs. Neither is going to private school. Unless you're really lucky and sell property everyday, real estate is not a steady enough source of income. You have to wonder how she's able to support that kind of lifestyle, and I don't think it's from her divorce settlement.

Actually, I'll disagree with that statement. I have a friend in SoCal working as a realtor and through the boom time over the past 5-8 years she's made huge money. A good (and connected!) realtor in SoCal can make enough to afford a very nice home and private school. California real estate is a very strange beast. I'm willing to bet that she's doing her part to support Jazmine.

Debby

LadyMacAlpine said:
Another article and photo of Jazmin. http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060602/NEWS01/606020331

Why not just name it like the Alexandre and Nicole thread? "Jazmin and Tamara Rotolo" because we already know there will be talk about her mother as well. This way it covers both parties as was done in the other. They are a pair's and always will be.

That would imply that her last name is Rotolo (in the same way that Alexandre's last name is Coste), which, as far as we know for the present, isn't the case.

A bad father with money is better than a bad father without money. If I had to choose I would want the one with money

just for canadian members: the cbc has picked up on the story.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/060601/w060168.html

i really hope she doesn't write a book and focuses on her studies for now. writing a book at this age and dealing with the press that goes along with it might haunt her for the rest of her life. she's got enough drama as it is.

I have to say that as much as I disagree with the prince's treatment of this whole affair (having two children out of wedlock), I don't think it's really that big of the deal. He isn't exactly the first to do it. And he isn't married--so there is no consort princess being embarassed by this revelation. Nonetheless, I think that Albert II--and people like him--need to realise that he has dreadfully overstepped his bounds and his duty to the state with this playboy behaviour.

Hopefully this will be helpful for the next generation to behave better. This is not the first case of a child out of the wedlock on royal families, for sure not in the Grimaldi Family. But nowdays, with the press and paparazzis, handling a situation like this is more difficult than in the past. I hope they reconsider this kind of behavior and if they really have interested in doing a good work for their country ( i honestly thing they do ), they will take steps for doing that.

I just come home from France, and while I was over there I happened to have read a few lines on JGG in "POINT DE VUE". According to it, it appears that Prince Albert would JGG to go and study in France, as the kid is reported to be intelligent and a keen student.

I am the mom of a 15 year old son and I think it would be tough for any teenager to just pack up and live in a different country and leave your friends behind. I know my son wouldn't want to do that. I left my home country, Germany, when I was 22 and it was incredibly hard to leave my friends and family behind..Not to mention living in a new country..different language and so on..

I know it can be hard but nowdays it is a very common experience. She can maintain her old friendships and get a whole bunch of new experiences. She can always come back if she doesnt like it. But coming closer to her father can be a great thing for her and Im sure her mother will be there to help her.

Are we sure that Jazmin will be treated any different than Alexandre? If so why? And please don't say Nicole Coste because TR has given Albert just as much grief as Alex's mother in an effort to get financial support and recognition for their children when they both got pregnant. So far he's kept his son out of sight.

I dont know, we will see that in the future, I just answered based on what it was said, that she could be going to study in France. That does not mean being threated differently to Alex. She already has a bodyguard, as i suppose Alex does, he also have a nanny, she doesnt, but that does not mean that she is being treated differently, they have a great age difference, so what will apply to one of them, does not apply to the other one.

Lady Elspeth re my comments to Grace. Actually I meant to sa y to Grace that she does not know whether TR lives on PA's allowance or not. ) As you stated the same thing. To Rhapsody in forming her that Palm Desert is the name of the town,even though it is in a desert region. Not to imply anything else. We all know just what we read. Except th at I am familiar with the city of Palm Desert.

In my post I was merely asking if Tamara was living completely on Albert's money (as Nicole seems to do), because I didn't know. I'm glad to hear she is working to sustain herself, my compliments and apologies to her if I criticized her without a reason.

Oh my!!! :eek: I just saw this thread. So it's official, huh? I had a feeling JG was PA's daughter but I never said so before because I was afraid of getting flamed for it. OK now I'm going to read this whole thread. Whew!

Of all that I have read from the posts from the last day or so, I've drawn a few conclusions/thoughts.

1. Having a child apparently forced TR to grow up: a good job in SoCal real estate and she is doing quite well.

2. If PA wanted to keep her paternity a secret until she was 18, when did he have the paternity test and wouldn't it have been better to have come clean last summer instead of dropping these bombs every year?

3. I think he was providing support although not as much as she is probably now getting, sadly enough thanks to Nicole.

4. Whatever else you say about TR, she apparently is doing a great job raising her seemingly well-adjusted and well-mannered daughter.

JMO.

originally posted by Pinkylady If PA wanted to keep her paternity a secret until she was 18, when did he have the paternity test and wouldn't it have been better to have come clean last summer instead of dropping these bombs every year?

I agree here as well. It would have been better to just get it all out in the open at once. Now we will hear months of drudging up old stories and speculations.

And just when things in this topic seemed to be dying down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom