The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite3182
they put that dog-faced Sophia Coppola before Charlotte. It's an outrage!
hahahahahahahaha that sooo cruel! I wonder why they did that

Old 03-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Aristocracy

^+^^: you are really nasty!... but that was my first thought, too

Old 03-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Nobility

Yeah Sophia Coppola isn't that pretty really I mean she's attractive but not a great beauty at all because that list was for the most beautiful women in the world great beauties. Even Uma Thurman was ahead of Charlotte and to me she's way ugly.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Gentry

is "beauty" only skin deep?
Old 03-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Courtier

i think sofia coppola is beautiful and part of that beauty is her gargantuan talent.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:22 AM
Aristocracy

Here's my scant contribution to those of you who follow Charlotte Casiraghi. According to one Spanish mag and one Italian mag, which can be found by Google search (because I forgot to copy the links), Charlotte Casiraghi actually participated in some fashion show by modelling her "Miu Miu" jeans for the audience "live by request." The mags also say that Daniel Ducruet blew off Stephanie during a heated argument. And I know nothing about Miu Miu jeans.

Dave
Old 03-07-2006, 02:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw2108
Here's my scant contribution to those of you who follow Charlotte Casiraghi. According to one Spanish mag and one Italian mag, which can be found by Google search (because I forgot to copy the links), Charlotte Casiraghi actually participated in some fashion show by modelling her "Miu Miu" jeans for the audience "live by request." The mags also say that Daniel Ducruet blew off Stephanie during a heated argument. And I know nothing about Miu Miu jeans.

Dave
awwwwww are there any pictures?
Old 03-07-2006, 03:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
awwwwww are there any pictures?
No, there were to my surprise no photos of anyone at all, and I really wanted -- JUST ONCE IN MY LIFE -- to be a "first finder of photos" of anyone! I think, given the Caroline versus Gemany lawsuit -- Caroline 10, Germany 0, people shall find less and less photos of anyone who considers himself/herself/themselves as celeb. Books even in the sciences are editing references and citations owing to the fact that the Caroline versus Germany lawsuit can be used in theory to file suits against the respective authors even if the citations or references are true, but embarrass the person of reference or citation, their family or family name and tradition or the name of their pet dog. One must admit, Caroline's decision to file suits against people and one nation, set a very poor precedent: photos are no longer so abundant, and some wire services and magazines now ignore competely coverage of one who is prone to file suit. And we have now not only a mineshaft gap in the sense of Dr. Strangelove, but also a phtogap!

Dave
Old 03-07-2006, 06:06 AM
Royal Highness

Charlotte at Miu Miu fashion show

Dave thanks for info! I found one article mentioning Charlotte was on Miu Miu fashion show..I agree, it's so bad there aren't any photos..

Article found at IHT

Miu Miu in Paris: Sly sexuality

Suzy Menkes International Herald Tribune

SUNDAY, MARCH 5, 2006

«This is a place full of seduction and coquetry, rich in eroticism," said Catherine Deneuve, crossing her black-booted legs under a short scarlet skirt, while Charlotte Casiraghi, the daughter of Princess Caroline of Hanover, licked her full lips in expectation of Miu Miu's first Paris show.

The historic Lapérouse restaurant, with its warren of rooms and libidinous reputation, brought out the perversity in Miuccia Prada. Child-women, with balloon- skirted minidresses painted with classic flower vases and armorial shields, were balanced like flower stalks on platform shoes that mimicked the gilded décor. Rich brocades competed with plain fabrics and although sleeves and hairy bags had vestiges of the rough fur that had made Milan's Prada show so savage and strong, Miu Miu, with its slipping shoulders and back slit, was a more familiar take on sly sexuality.

Prada's story? "Angelique in Paris - who was rich and became poor," she said.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:21 AM
Royal Highness

It seems that fashion show had lots of restrictions who can attend it..Charlotte has VIP status for sure, specially when you read this article;

No Room At Miu Miu?
Small-scale show venue has editors fuming.

Friday, March 03, 2006

(PARIS) With Paris Fashion Week already dominated by shows held in smaller-than-necessary venues, Miu Miu has taken exclusivity to a whole new level. Miuccia Prada’s show for her secondary line will take place at Lapérouse, a small restaurant housed in a 17th-century Seine-side townhouse in the 8th arrondissement.

With Prada having allegedly extended invitations to the crème de la crème of Paris fashion—Karl Lagerfeld, Stefano Pilati, Marc Jacobs, and Yves Saint Laurent—Miu Miu has become the single most coveted ticket of the season. Throughout the week, publicists have been frantically alerting the U.S. press to deliver the not-so-friendly news that, with only approximately 40 seats for editors and buyers, many regulars will not be admitted. Single tickets are said to have been issued to Teen Vogue and Jane, four for Elle, two for Allure, three for the New York Times, and only a few for Harper’s Bazaar and W. Glamour, Elle Girl, Nylon, and Lucky were told their editors would be receiving no tickets, and the fate of Marie Claire and Shop Etc. remains unknown. Even Vogue, the high-fashion bible that can often command 7-8 front row seats at any given show, has had to settle for a reported three. Not even the photographers have escaped the wrath of restriction. The buzz in the photo pits is that only six photographers will be allowed to shoot the show.

Givenchy, Giambattista Valli, Christian Lacroix, Lanvin, and Jean Paul Gaultier are just a handful of designers whose current venues allow only a small percentage of the press to attend. After a while, one can only ask, “what’s the point?” As one editor said, “Why build up all this buzz, spend all this money to come to Paris, and then disappoint everyone by not letting them in?”

Source; Fashion week daily
Old 03-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

I'm sorry, I didn't get that - was Charlotte just in the audience at that fashion show or did she work as a model?

IMO there shouldn't be a problem with publishing pictures of her in both cases, as long as they don't create a heart breaking story around that event. I mean, when Ms Casiraghi goes to a fashion show, she only does it as "Person der Zeitgeschichte"(sorry, don't know the exact english term, maybe something like person of contemporary interest), because if she wasn't Caroline's daughter she wouldn't be able to go there and if she doesn't want to be in the spotlight, she shouldn't use privileges like that. Moreover, going to a fashion show without wanting to be being photographed... that's really hilarious.

If she was a model that presents clothes and doesn't want pictures of her published ... no comment.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Well for sure, she wasn't there as a model. Below is the link for the runway review, there were only photos of the usual models from agencies, no charlotte. She was likely there as a guest or something like that.

Miu Miu, March 5:
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/co.../review/MIUMIU

Old 03-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the link moby!
Old 03-07-2006, 07:31 PM

they def don't live by st germain des pres in the 6th or quartier latin...
Old 03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Royal Highness

I read that family has also apartment in 7th arrondissement..That of course doesn't mean that Charlotte lives there..she could have apartment of her own..
Old 03-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Gentry

char lives in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
maybe she lives with her brothers!

hi everybody :) how are you ?
i don't know if charlotte lives with her brothers but I know that she lives in paris near Street called " Rue de Seine " .

kisses
psyché :p
Old 03-08-2006, 05:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Smith
I'm sorry, I didn't get that - was Charlotte just in the audience at that fashion show or did she work as a model?

IMO there shouldn't be a problem with publishing pictures of her in both cases, as long as they don't create a heart breaking story around that event. I mean, when Ms Casiraghi goes to a fashion show, she only does it as "Person der Zeitgeschichte"(sorry, don't know the exact english term, maybe something like person of contemporary interest), because if she wasn't Caroline's daughter she wouldn't be able to go there and if she doesn't want to be in the spotlight, she shouldn't use privileges like that. Moreover, going to a fashion show without wanting to be being photographed... that's really hilarious.

If she was a model that presents clothes and doesn't want pictures of her published ... no comment.
It turns out, she wasn't a model and did not show off her Miu Miu jeans to the crowd. The article on the Corriere della Sera page turned out to be a somewhat lurid parody of the Miu Miu show. Sorry about that, but my Italian is VERRRRRY rusty.

Dave
Old 03-08-2006, 06:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheanderos2001
I know that she lives in paris near Street called " Rue de Seine " .

kisses
psyché :p
I believe exactly the same..!:o
Old 03-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice
I believe exactly the same..!:o
Where do you both know that from? Have you already seen or met her?
Old 03-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Aristocracy

I just found out that if she studies at lycée fénelon and if she is in the second year of khâgne her school is in the rue d'ulm which is not too close to the rue de Seine. last year she would have been in the rue de l'éperon which is already closer to the rue de Seine