Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 39: January 2014 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that Charlotte's new partner is older than her like Gad. I wish them all the best.

I hope Gad will still be involved with Raphael and be with him as he grows up, even if he and Charlotte are no longer together. Otherwise Raphael will hardly remember him when he's older as he is still very young.

I would have been more surprised if Charlotte and Gad had gotten married and stayed together for decades. If that sort of thing was important to him then presumably he'd still be with the mother of his first son. Also, he's a lot older than Charlotte and they come from very dissimilar backgrounds and don't seem to share many interests.

Additionally, Charlotte's own family has modelled a very different lifestyle compared to the traditional nuclear family. Caroline has had an eventful romantic life but seems to have been a good mother throughout all of it. Albert fathered, (at least), two children before he married and Stephanie literally ran away to join the circus with one of her partners, but again, they both seem to have good relationships with their children. So Charlotte has seen first hand that unconventional choices don't need to be a disaster for the children involved.

Finally, and maybe most importantly, Charlotte doesn't need Gad for anything. She's good looking, seems reasonably smart, very wealthy and has all the social and family connections anyone could ever ask for. I know there are plenty of long term marriages that are truly happy ones, but there are also many that are made to work in spite of unhappiness because one of the spouses - often the woman - is financially dependent on the other. Charlotte obviously doesn't have to make that kind of bargain and, IMO, if it's clear the relationship isn't working it's better to get out now and establish a civil co-parenting partnership than stick it out and have everyone be miserable for years.

I think Charlotte knew from the beginning that Gad would remain Gad and not change his lifestyle. There never was marriage and a 'normal' life on the cards.
She probably wanted a child and Gad was fine with it, having set the boundaries.
Maybe Charlotte had hoped that fatherhood would change him and realized at some point that it wouldn't. They spent a lot of time separated due to Gad's work and whatever had brought them together wore off quickly, maybe in the end splitting doesn't make much of a difference, neither for Charlotte nor Raphael.

I agree with the poster who earlier said that Charlotte always has the next man in sight, she can't be on her own for long, I see her as quite needy in terms of constant attention. Gad isn't the guy to provide that in the long run.

Maybe Charlotte doesn't need Gad, but Gad didn't need Charlotte either. Maybe one of the problems in their relationship was that Gad was a big star, a self-made man, who had made his career himself and his popularity is growing all the time. And another problem might have been that they didn't have time together. Gad is a busy man and travels a lot due to his shows and filming. For instance, now Gad is over 10 days in USA in November, and also in USA and Canada in December.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...002_970368696359188_8715969575560760229_o.jpg

And Gad is performing in Joe's Pub in New York in January, February and almost the whole March.
Joe's Pub Gad Elmaleh

She has money, beauty, glamour, style... But this is cheap. She would like to show in all interview, how intelligent she is, but her behavior shows something other...

Maybe Charlotte doesn't need Gad, but Gad didn't need Charlotte either. Maybe one of the problems in their relationship was that Gad was a big star, a self-made man, who had made his career himself and his popularity is growing all the time. And another problem might have been that they didn't have time together. Gad is a busy man and travels a lot due to his shows and filming. For instance, now Gad is over 10 days in USA in November, and also in USA and Canada in December.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...002_970368696359188_8715969575560760229_o.jpg

And Gad is performing in Joe's Pub in New York in January, February and almost the whole March.
Joe's Pub Gad Elmaleh

Anyone that gets married because they "need" someone the marriage is doomed.

These are forums where we share our opinions about members of royal families - we are entitled to criticise if we want. Personally, I think it's up to Charlotte to make her own decisions about her life - children, marriage (which by the way doesn't always indicate a greater commitment to each other, IMO), career. However, I do think she gives the impression of not really knowing what she wants and of defining herself by the man she is with eg. academic, civil service aspirations with Felix, arty bohemian hipster pursuits with Alex, "celebrity" showbiz type of life with Gad.

Posts that had no longer anything to do with Charlotte Casiraghi have been removed as off-topic!

I judge her because she has a child and is a mother. She's no longer just about herself, she's supposed to be keeping her life tidy so her kid has a chance at a stable loving home life with a mother's undivided attention.

As for family dynamics, I wonder if she's having issues with the fact that both her brothers are married, starting families of their own, and she's no longer the star of the Casiraghi Trio and that there isn't a Casirgahi Trio anymore. She has sisters-in-law and she's seeing them have children of their own and she's kind of on her own.

The last time the public saw Charlotte and Gad together was Pierre's wedding followed shortly by the Capri vacation with the extended Elmaleh family, where the paparazzi pics show Charlotte mostly interacting with the female Elmaleh relatives instead of Gad.

I think this may be similar to when couples split shortly after Thanksgiving or Christmas. Family members and/or friends might be shocked because they just saw them together, but really the couple was on the outs for awhile. They just didn't want to disrupt family festivities with bad news.

Well my opinion is, FWIW, is that Charlotte may well be one of those young women who mistakenly believes that she can change "the man", once things are accomplished (i.e., a child). And like many of those young women she if has found out that "changing" is not in the cards and is left with how things really are. She is very beautiful and some say intelligent, but she is NOT IMO very mature.

I judge her because she has a child and is a mother. She's no longer just about herself, she's supposed to be keeping her life tidy so her kid has a chance at a stable loving home life with a mother's undivided attention.

As for family dynamics, I wonder if she's having issues with the fact that both her brothers are married, starting families of their own, and she's no longer the star of the Casiraghi Trio and that there isn't a Casirgahi Trio anymore. She has sisters-in-law and she's seeing them have children of their own and she's kind of on her own.

Well, to be honest there was never a "Casiraghi Trio" except on Royal message boards. The siblings always had a loosely connected network of friends and lovers from the world of high society in which they exist, but they were rarely together as a unit except at ceremonial events in the Principality. Andrea and Tatiana were off on their own and so were Pierre and Beatrice for years. Charlotte was with Felix for a time, then Dellal for about four years, and lately with Gad. They(the Casi's) didn't really hang out together.

I do agree with you that seeing her brothers settled and married might have prompted Charlotte to start rearranging her own life and priorities. She will have her landmark big 3-0 next summer. Perhaps she wants to build a more committed family of her own with a husband and more children?

Time will tell.

ETA: I agree with miss whirley that Gad/Charlotte have been on life support for awhile. Many people online were talking about Charlotte's thin, haggard appearances over the summer and especially at Pierre's wedding. Something was "off". Hopefully we will be seeing the old radiant Charlotte again.

Last edited:
Well my opinion is, FWIW, is that Charlotte may well be one of those young women who mistakenly believes that she can change "the man", once things are accomplished (i.e., a child). And like many of those young women she if has found out that "changing" is not in the cards and is left with how things really are. She is very beautiful and some say intelligent, but she is NOT IMO very mature.

I think she was a little too used to having her own way, thought it would continue with Gad, but things haven't worked out in that way for her so now she's not sure how she's supposed to handle it. She's now setting a bad pattern for herself, a pattern I hope she breaks.

She has money, beauty, glamour, style... But this is cheap. She would like to show in all interview, how intelligent she is, but her behavior shows something other...

it is an annoyance when she kind of puts on these airs and basically acts like she's better, but ends up doing stuff like this and is now moving on way too quick to another man, this time an Italian aristocrat. I wonder how long that will last, to be honest.

Gad is one of our best Actors and one of the best paid .
I am waiting a lot about of his reaction , because he is one of my favorite Actors and Charlotte is to me an imature rich little girl and I hope she has nice nannies.

I only got interested in Charlotte when she started with Gad, now it is over, my interest is over too....it won't change her life LOL

And my very personal opinion is that it was an exercise of poor judgment for Charlotte and Gad to bring a child into a relationship without a solid, established unit in place. Marriage is no guarantee of success, but it does indicate that parents have at least the intention of creating a safe, secure place for children to grow up within the bonds of a family. They will not have to deal with being passed about and shared between the households of two split up parents, especially as toddlers. Even under the best circumstances that is a stressful situation for young children.

Gad publically proclaimed during the pregnancy that marriage was not the plan. His former partner Anne Brochet-with whom he also shares a son- has hinted that he is unstable emotionally(She wrote a novel that is said to be based on her life and their relationship).

The most likely explanation for Charlotte choosing to have a baby with this man when she did, seems to have been her thinking, even with all this staring her right in the face, that she could change Gad and who he was (as Princess of Durham also pointed out). Whether he encouraged her unconsciously in entertaining this prospect, who knows? It could have all been in her head from the beginning.

If that is in fact the case, the situation seems in some ways reminiscent of Princess Caroline's failed marriage to Philippe Junot.

We cannot know exactly what happened in that couple ! It would be better to stop judging when we cannot have any idea of what happened.

I'm not surprised that Charlotte and Gad didn't work, they never looked compatible to me. Having a kid was probably not a good idea, but accidents have been known to happen and it seems Charlotte is not immune. It would be complicated for an ordinary couple, but that is not the case here. Yes, she moved on quickly, but she's a very attractive woman so I'm sure lots would love the opportunity to snatch her up and one did. She can do as she sees fit, after all, it's her life.

We cannot know exactly what happened in that couple ! It would be better to stop judging when we cannot have any idea of what happened.

Exactly. It's a very private matter between two partners of an intimate relationship, we know practically nothing about. So it's better and fairer not to speculate and judge too much.

I had never heard of Gad til his dating of Charlotte who is he and where is fame from nad what can you tell me ?

I had never heard of Gad til his dating of Charlotte who is he and where is fame from nad what can you tell me ?

Very popular comedian in France but he also sells out on tour in London and the States. He's quite funny -.observational comedy. If you speak French have a look for some his stuff on YouTube. He may do stuff in English now, as well.

In the past few years he's done a few films in English as well as French - he's a good character actor.

But you're right - unless someone was Francophone chances are it was the relationship with Charlotte that was the first time he came to most people's notice.

I think he's Moroccan originally, from a Jewish family and he did his further education in Canada, I think in Montreal, where I believe he also has family.

He has a younger brother who is also an actor in a long-term relationship with Virginie Ledoyen (if memory serves me correctly). She has been pictured in the past at events with Charlotte.

Last edited:
He has a younger brother who is also an actor in a long-term relationship with Virginie Ledoyen (if memory serves me correctly). She has been pictured in the past at events with Charlotte.

According to the internet, Virginie and Arie split this past Spring after 8 years together. Bad year for love for the Elmaleh brothers.

Virginie and Arie have two children together and never married. Maybe the brothers aren't believers of wedded matrimony. I wouldn't take it as an indictment of their lack of love for their partners, just a matter of social views.

We must take in account that both brothers as well both their friends all are high profile members of society. It lays an enormous pressure on a relationship: the ever and always omnipresent media, the public's magnifying glass as well the total different direction (international acting vs professional equestrian career) of their lifes. It is not the ordinary mr A meets miss B and they start a cosy life together.

I had never heard of Gad before Charlotte, which is not surprising since I do not speak French. I don't find him at all attractive, either, but Charlotte seems to like that "type" since her new Italian bloke looks a lot like Gad.

We must take in account that both brothers as well both their friends all are high profile members of society. It lays an enormous pressure on a relationship: the ever and always omnipresent media, the public's magnifying glass as well the total different direction (international acting vs professional equestrian career) of their lifes. It is not the ordinary mr A meets miss B and they start a cosy life together.

I agree with that. I'm more interested in the sexist angle, though.

Let's see, both Elmaleh brothers are in their 40's, single, never married, and each with two children. If they were women they would be pitied, mocked and scolded. Instead the blame over the love woes of the Elmaleh brothers gets shifted to their children's mothers. Charlotte, Anne, and Virginie are clearly spoiled, immature, and unable to cope with successful men. These fickle women need to make changes in their lives and start putting their children first, right now they aren't marriage material! :shifty:

If only Princess Caroline and Princess Stéphanie had penises, I think they would get very different treatment over their personal lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom