Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 10: January 2008 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget the one person who could have helped Charlene most - her fiancé !!

He has always been truly bilingual. Could it be laziness on his part to not help his fiancée progress in French ??

Hummm...let's see. Charlene's major shortcomings are:

1. She doesn't speak French fluently
2. She has a beautiful, almost naked swimsuit photograph
3. She's probably had cosmetic surgery or botox
4. She's got some "style"
5. She's not old enough to marry Albert
6. She's honest and doesn't try to pad her CV
7. She was photographed wearing hair extensions

and on, and on...

Lets stay current with Charlene's current events.....this same record is being played in ALL of the Charlene threads.

Another much appreciated "thank you", Florencia, for providing another awesome link to something special! :flowers:

Loved reading the interview in full ~ now I know that Charlene does have Maids of Honor ~ and they are Danish designer Isabell Kristensen and Prince Albert's cousin Donatella Knecht de Massy. Aha, just did some research and discovered that Donatella is actually married to Albert's first cousin's son, Keith Sebastian Knecht, whom is the only child of the late Christine Alix de Massy, daughter of the late Princess Antoinette. Source of reference: Princess Antoinette, Baroness of Massy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had to chuckle at the mistake made in the paragraph that discusses Karl Lagerfeld, the second to the last sentence in that paragraph wherein the word "caca" comes out of nowhere, obviously a mistake made in the proof-reading department. :lol:

All in all a good strong interview with a bit of humour included. For instance Charlene talks about the fashion faux pas she made in 2007; after a day spent playing beach volleyball she painted her nails red and threw on a green dress to attend the Red Cross Ball that year. However, these pics show she was *not* wearing a green dress that year: Charlene Wittstock Pictures - Entertainment Pictures Of The Week - 2007, August 2 - Zimbio

It's good that she's found her own style and what works for her, but I'm wondering whom were the people giving her all that advice in the beginning? Hmm...

I noticed that "naughty" word too...I think they meant that Karl "shot" the Royal couple...ha ha ha!

So, it looks like CW will have at least a couple of adult attendants at the wedding, which is a good idea if her train is going to be as long as I suspect it will be. Can't wait!

Great article Florencia, thank you!

Lol I caught another mistake, it says "beau mooned" instead of beau monde. :D Actually I think it right on, they should be mooned. :lol:

By the way, Moonmaiden23, I love your words about the train, its gotten me all excited once again, can't wait to see what this historical fantastical wedding gown is going to look like!!!!!! Ahhhhhh, the suspence is killing me! :flowers:

It's a great article. She sounds nice and sincere. What a pity that the picture in the swimming suit had to spoil it. She looks really good in swimwear, of course, but it's simply not appropriate so shortly before the wedding. She's going to be a very beautiful bride –– I can't wait for the big day! I hope we get some good coverage from the international networks here in Thailand... :thaiflag:

Lol I caught another mistake, it says "beau mooned" instead of beau monde. :D Actually I think it right on, they should be mooned. :lol:

By the way, Moonmaiden23, I love your words about the train, its gotten me all excited once again, can't wait to see what this historical fantastical wedding gown is going to look like!!!!!! Ahhhhhh, the suspence is killing me! :flowers:

What?!:lol: BEAU MOONED??!! I did not see that, I swear...I will have to read it again because I need to laugh!!

Beau monde (French) is the same as Bel Mondo (or Belmondo, the actor) in Italian.

There's also "mondain" (mondaine F.)

The recent New York Times article had already been posted yesterday by several members at the Prince Albert
& Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings-thread, so duplicate posts have been deleted, others have
been moved.

Charlene Wittstock (with Maria Shriver and Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi) attended the opening
ceremony for Special Olympics World Summer Games Athens 2011, June 25, 2011. The games
will end on July 4th.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Lol, this is so odd, right on the heels of the funny mention of Letizia's? pant suits over in the Fashion Forum, specifically in the Charlene Wittstock thread.

Now Charlene wears the pants, but not the suit. :ROFLMAO: Seriously though she looks good in them because she has the body, stature, physique and confidence to carry it out, as shown here.

Good choice of clothing. :cool:

Charlene Wittstock (with Maria Shriver and Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi) attended the opening
ceremony for World Summer Games Athens 2011, June 25, 2011. The games
will end on July 4th.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

She looks much more happy and relax here, Good!
this is the type of event that seems to fit her personality, a great addition to the Special Olympics team

Yes, she seems happy in her "milieu" amongst sportsmen and -women, but not having to compete, having a defined rôle, and yet being able to share that Olympic interest.

Lucky girl !

I saw her on tv some minutes ago but i thought she was just a woman that looked like her, because i had no idea she would attend the Special Olympics. She is really chic and beautiful! I like her smile.

Last edited:
She looks much more happy and relax here, Good!
this is the type of event that seems to fit her personality, a great addition to the Special Olympics team

totally agree with you.

see, that's what i'm talking about. she looked natural, relax and very comfortable... i like the top, she really knows was good for her body, and the one'shoulder cut is really good for her.

i don't like her, but that doesn't mean that i can't appreciate her fashion good taste. here we had the real charlene. her real personality came out. (..). she deserves a 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't seem to take to her either, MissMaryanne, but she tries.
Of course it's easy to dress well, when one is married to a billionaire... :)

I saw her in TV broadcasting of the opening ceremony! First she was sat with the officials, and when the athlete's parade started she entered together with the Monaco team. She was very nice very classy.

Thanks, fandesacs2003, for the delicious tidbit. Hopefully someone will post a youtube link (hint, hint). ;) :D

I know that America's most decorated figure skater, Michelle Kwan, is there, as well as Charlene; both Special Olympic Ambassadors. :heart:

I'm very proud of Charlene for taking the weekend before her wedding to attend the opening. What a gal!

These dates would have been in her diary for many months.

We've had a whole year since the engagement.

Please note that posts regarding the status of Albert and Charlene's up and coming wedding, as it relates the L'Express artcle have been deleted, as the Palace has denied the article.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted as well.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

I do agree with KintiAntlanta! I like seeing her doing the things she loves and did in her past. The Olympics is something that she knows very very well and i think she is the perfect person to be an embassador for this ocassion. At least she doesn't pretend to be someone she is not..like some other royal people:whistling: In my eyes i see an honest and spontaneous (using the good meaning of this word) woman, who's missing from Monaco. There're few such women in the whole royal circle.

The Olympics in general, and the Special Olympics in particular, are the perfect job for Charlene: she won't have to worry about French (or any other language).

She can be in her "milieu" and can shine there.

Another picture of Charlene with Maria Shriver. Unfortunately I can't go into the site you should be registered. Just scroll down the page.

NDP Photo Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom