The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMarine View Post
Hi Sandsla ... about the "going with the flow"...you know sometimes when you take something into your head and try a little harder, it does have no due effect - you just miss the mark, nothing happens and your clear aim seems quite farther that it was before; therefore you prefer to give up all your attempts saying yourself "let it be as it is"...

btw, what is little T&A?
Hi Aquamarine,

That does not sound like the sentiment of a guy that is meant to be a leader? How is he to achieve anything? How would anyone achieve anything if they thought that way? As a woman I can say it would be a lot easier to rely on other aspects to get ahead? Minus my dignity, nevertheless much easier? And this is almost always an available option to most women? But in the end most women are unhappy with that situation, no matter how empty headed or distitude they are?

Also I think men are very disappointed in the end that they do not have someone to share an intelligent conversation with, or that they can trust to share advice and rely on at the end of the day? Basically a woman he can respect and be proud of that deserves the admiration of her husband and people at large? Is that such a bad thing? No woman can be very supportive if she is not capable of understanding or even recognizing issues that might cause her husband stress? An intelligent women would have the intuition to even see it coming? (hence the conversation above). It doesn't make a difference how dumb and intellectually lazy some women are, they all will tire quickly of waiting at the door with their husbands slippers, like a dog waiting for his master to return?

Respect begets respect? If men are dismissive towards women, so will the woman be dismissive of the man? Then it really is nothing more than a business deal no matter how hard they try to justify it in their mind?

Some people I guess are happy with medocrity in life? Some people prefer to be victims? Some people seem afraid that they might just achieve a level of happiness where they would be forced to give up old ideas they like to cling to? If people didn't have hope and dreams, nothing would ever happen in the world? Humanity would never evolve? Sometimes you have to go out on a limb? And these are the men and women that are always remembered in history? In the end it's people who have had the courage to do the thing that doesn't come easy? Then as you say there are just those people "that go with the flow..." Albert could do that? But what a wasted opportunity for someone who was handed the position and resources he has been handed, "to just go with the flow..." It's a good thing the monarchs before him strived a little harder, I hope he has the faith in himself and trust he will hit his own stride!

I agree he may be trying too hard, maybe he should relax a little and take some time out from women in general, and concentrate on himself, look after his health, enjoy the things he enjoys doing, and spend more time on all the things he would like to acheive? Maybe one day he will look up and find himself in a new pond with better prospects than he has ever had in the past and he might fnd someone who will be a refreshing asset to both himself and Monaco? Is that such a bad thing? My intuition says he should hang in there!

I guess there's nothing wrong with a little T&A if it included a little B&C (Brains and class).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
"Would let him grow" HE IS FIFTY !!!!!!
Well, perhaps it is just my own perspective?

But I believe we are meant to grow and evolve through our lifetime? One way that happens is from the people we meet and interact with in the world? Personally I like to surround myself with people I admire and hope I can learn something from them (it need not always be intellectually), sometimes they are even hard lessons, but if you take the time to see what you can learn from a situation, sometimes you learn something about yourself that you had failed to recognize before? Because if you don't learn the hard lessons in life that you are meant to learn? They will return over and over, larger and larger? So a little reflection can go along way? Wasn't it Einstein that said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

As far as the women (girls) Albert is attracted to, he seems to have seeked them all out on looks alone before even meeting them or having any conversation with them? It would seem he does not look very deep and his admiration for women only goes so far, it appears he has a superficial and shallow idea of what a woman is or should be and so he does not look for a partner that will help in grow in life, or grow with him? And this usually is a very common reason for divorce? Especially with the age difference of his current relationship, and Charlene seems to be underdeveloped for her own age at that? It does make one wonder?

If a woman has failed to empower herself before she marries, she will eventually feel trapped, which usually results with the man becoming unhappy when she becomes her own person, even if she is intellectually challenged? Women often out grow their husbands as well, and become unhappy when the staus quo of the realtionship that they once were willing to compromise themselves for, do not fulfill them anymore? This is why so many women wait to get married now? You cannot bring something to a realtionship if you are bereft of the things inside yourself that nurture your own soul? Well, that is my perspective anyway?

Also I really admire people that are wise with experience that often comes with age, I often find myself reaching for the books of these people. Maybe to explain myself better Richard Branson and Peter Gabriel have put a group of people together both men and women known as The Elders? People like Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Jimmy Carter. Muhammed Yunis. Graca Machel, Ela Bhatt, Mary Robinson...and many more? So when you say a man at 50 has no need to grow? I find that disappointing? I am not always high minded or serious all of the time, I am a great hedonist myself and enjoy the pleasures in life! But as a Libra, I cannot help but try to find balance in life?

Old 01-27-2009, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 26.1.2009

Charlene Wittstock attends the Giorgio Armani Prive fashion show
during Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2009 at
Palais de Chaillot on January 26, 2009 in Paris, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Old 01-27-2009, 04:36 AM
Aristocracy

I can't understand this woman, what does she represent ? She is Prince Albert's girlfriend ? She is a celebrity ? She is a famous sportswoman ? However in Armani she is very elegant, W made in Italy !
Old 01-27-2009, 07:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Two More pics of Charlene with Roberta Armani, Giorgio Armani's niece.
IBL
IBL

Gallery Purepeople
http://www.purepeople.com/article/ch...lbert_a23826/1

Gallery IBL
Old 01-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely and very well dressed
Old 01-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Aristocracy

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5...1002brooj9.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/246...1003broqq7.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8899/364870sj7.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1093/364871dr3.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3796/364873lk3.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6291/364874vw6.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 364875pd0.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 364877et3.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 364878mf2.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 364879xg8.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 364880af3.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 364881cg5.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 364883gv8.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 364884nv3.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 364885ah8.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 365002vk1.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 365004zl3.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 365005ja2.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269617bx0.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269665lq6.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269667hl7.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269670gz6.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269677yo6.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269685oe2.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269688yk1.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269690qr9.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269709dw1.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269711xc1.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269743fb5.jpg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 269754kl5.jpg
Old 01-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Is she on a diet? If so she'd better stop before turning into the blonde clone of Victoria Beckham...
Old 01-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy

Unhappy

that outfit look awful on her it make her look like a crowd i wish the suit was in different beside that colours that golden looks is way too much, anyway it seems she is rubbing shoulder with ''A'' celebrity,is there any chance for her to use these spotlight for a really good cause beside promoting herself.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Is she on a diet? If so she'd better stop before turning into the blonde clone of Victoria Beckham...
That was exactly my thought when I saw the photos!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Commoner

I think she looks gorgeous. Comparing her to VB is VERY unfair
Old 01-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Nobility

To me she looks very classy and elegant. Love her shoes!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

In one of the close up shots, it looks like she needs to wash her hair. It looks limp and stringy. As for the outfit, the jacket looks ill-fitting and makes her look stiff. I think the VB comparison is pretty good, except that VB has raised the bar.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Whenever I visit this thread, I am constantly reminded of the old adage, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Now, while I know that we are all on here to express our opinions, some of our posters seem to have a rabid need to criticize every move this woman makes, and we respect your opinion, and your right to do so. HOWEVER, that being said, we will not allow this thread to become an all out bashing session on Charlene. So, please do try to remain civil, and the posts will remain in place.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow she cleaned up well... The outfit looks great.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
Whenever I visit this thread, I am constantly reminded of the old adage, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Now, while I know that we are all on here to express our opinions, some of our posters seem to have a rabid need to criticize every move this woman makes, and we respect your opinion, and your right to do so. HOWEVER, that being said, we will not allow this thread to become an all out bashing session on Charlene. So, please do try to remain civil, and the posts will remain in place.
You are correct about the old adage, on the other hand blogs like this are for opinions, although I agree they need not go off the wall in meanness, so if all we can say is that she looks fabulous when some people don't think so, then we shouldn't post. Ok you win!!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:13 AM
Serene Highness

Smile

I try to be neutral
Charlene looked cute. Nice make up, outfit not my style, but was fitting her perfectly, it was really flattering. She looked the best among surrounding women.
I think she was styled by Armani from heads to toes. She looked like a fashion doll, but still very nice.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 01-29-2009, 07:30 AM
Aristocracy

Sorry Empress, if my comment was perceived as bashing or led to bashing.

To explain myself, in agreeing with the VB comparison, I simply meant that she's changing her style somewhat and that I hope she doesn't become quite so... brittle? I actually think Charlene is attractive, she's always reminded me a bit of the actress Naomi Watts who I think has remained somewhat natural in spite of the whole Hollywood thing.

And I apologize to VB and VB fans, I don't think she's unattractive, I just think she was more attractive in her earlier, more natural days. But that's just my opinion!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I didn't intend to offend anyone by comparing Charlene with Victoria Beckham, but seeing Charlene have grown so skinny and tense made me think of Victoria spontaneously.

Victoria wouldn't have reached all what she now has and is. How could a common girl, who's pretty, but not an astonishing beauty, whose voice isn't the best in the world, to become such a winner, weren't she an intelligent woman, hadn't she worked hard to turn into an international star, and managed herself so well to still be in the spotlight?

I was just pointing out that Charlene should take care of her health first. As an ex athlete she should know how to stay fit without getting that skinny.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

Isn't it just the hairdo that's similar to Victoria? Victoria has parlayed herself into a bigtime international glamour star. With the pouty pretentious look. But she still seems like a nice mom and wife.

This girl Charlene, I'm sure does not want to be a glamour girl, as we have seen her looking attractive but in her own rather scaled down taste some time back. I suppose she now is hobnobbing with the fashion elite and looks the part, but I think she is an attractive-looking girl with a sweet smile. I just hope she is ok and content with the role she is playing and is maintaining a modicum of joy and happiness.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Courtier

Charlene does look amazing - Armani head to toe!
I can't tell if she has put her hair up in back or if she has cut it.
If she has cut it, it looks great - a short bob hair cut.
Charlene has thin hair and it looks best short.