Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 10: January 2008 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a wonderful photo, I completely disagree with those who say they have no chemistry.

I think they are lovely together. :whistling:

The pic is wonderful, it shows how close they are, everything is in the way they look at each others

I'm sure they have chemistry, otherwise CW wouldn't be where she is now.

But the job of being princess consort to PA is not to be taken lightly.

I'm sure they have chemistry, otherwise CW wouldn't be where she is now.

But the job of being princess consort to PA is not to be taken lightly.

I am happy Charlene has articulated something in the above interview about her future role.
Beautiful........

I love the photo of this interview! They look so cute together :flowers:

I think we're all still in the "Charlene's current events" mode. Of course that will change as the months fly by. A lot can happen in a year.... and surely will...

Let's hope that PA will use the next 12 months or so, reflecting on the future.
Your words "parity" and "leverage" are particularly apposite here!

Is it me or is Charlene dropping weight? Her collar bones are really noticable and the muscles in her calves are pronounced.

What a terrible photo of Charlene..... not flattering at all....
and it would be awful if she were to embark on a pre-nuptial slimming regime.

It's not a bad photo but I agree it isn't the best.

I have posted the article that accompanied the photo because it's clear that Charlene posed for this pic a little while before the engagement was announced.
Most perspective brides tend to slim down before their wedding day, & I agree that Charlene doesn't need to lose anymore. I think the stance of this pose is interesting though - not how Charlene normally comes across.
Vanity Fair

Let's hope the "pose" is just that.... and nothing more.

It reminds me of the shots with her and cars.

Probably not the cleverest move on her part - she needs to lose that image.

This pic really looks as if it was airbrushed... I don't recognize her body at all

Let's hope the "pose" is just that.... and nothing more.

It reminds me of the shots with her and cars.

Probably not the cleverest move on her part - she needs to lose that image.

I concur, Renata. This pic was probably taken awhile back.

I rather like the photo...I think most women look smashing in riding apparel. :whistling:

And even though CW has a tall, slim athletic figure I tend to agree that does not look like her body..Charlene has a rather thick, boyish waist and in the photo the waistline is very slim.

The watch she is wearing in that picture looks EXACTLY like the one I wear!

I love the photo of this interview! They look so cute together :flowers:
I don't see anything cute about them. They still seem so fake couple to me.
Charlene seems not have bra?:eek: She is far away from being classy, politely speaking.:whistling:
This interview in Nice-Martin with CW seems too perfect to me.:ermm: Seeing Charlene in interview in Vancouver and reading summary of Albert's interview on July 12 where Charlene appears in the end, I have hard time believing she gave all these answers herself. I also read countless interviews that CW given to tabloids. She has always talked fluff and her interviews were so tacky.
So based on what I know about her, I think that questions were sent to palace and ready answers of Charlene sent back(somebody might 'help' her answer)--JMO:p
Yeah, we see the whole new Charlene.:whistling:

Finally, someone else is feeling the same way about this relationship (laksmi). I have a photo book of Grace Kelley and there is a picture of Grace at the same location drop or certainly quite close to looking like it. I don't know, i seem to be saying that a lot about this realtionship. Nothing about the relationship "seems" natural, it "seems" quite contrived.

From what I've seen on TRF, and in other media, it would seem that there are quite a few people who use the words "fake" when alluding to PA's and CW's relationship.

Only time will tell whether it's "real" or "fake". Personally, I can't understand why anyone would even contemplate a "fake" relationship. It's hard enough to create and maintain a "real" relationship, let alone a "fake" one. And what would be the practical advantage in this?

Perhaps I'm naive, so can someone enlighten me?

What a bunch of nonsense. No one knows didly about their relationship or any other persons they don't know. All speculation. Not classy enough. Stephanie is classy?

What a bunch of nonsense. No one knows didly about their relationship or any other persons they don't know. All speculation. Not classy enough. Stephanie is classy?

Charlene is being crucified by most detractors simply because of assumptions ... not classy enough, fake-looking ... I honestly do not think that she has done something so concrete that would merit the attacks.

If anything, I see Charlene blooming after the engagement. She seems to be finding her style and her confidence. And if she appears to be veering towards the Grace Kelly look, what is wrong with that? After all, the Grace Kelly style is THE style anyway.

Not that we have to open a can of worms by discussing Princess Stephanie, but I see Countess' point of view. There is that double standard that exists and is unfair.

From what I've seen on TRF, and in other media, it would seem that there are quite a few people who use the words "fake" when alluding to PA's and CW's relationship.

Only time will tell whether it's "real" or "fake". Personally, I can't understand why anyone would even contemplate a "fake" relationship. It's hard enough to create and maintain a "real" relationship, let alone a "fake" one. And what would be the practical advantage in this?

Perhaps I'm naive, so can someone enlighten me?

I'd enlighten you if I could...but I have no idea what some of these people are talking about, frankly.

What on Earth do they find "fake?" PA and CW seem natural and comfortable enough...for goodness sake they are not going to be groping and giggling like some horny teenagers!

If CW keeps her mouth shut and doesn't give interviews...well then something FISHY is going on.

If she does give an interview she is phony, insincere and speaks bad French.

She is simply never going to please some. :sad:

Charlene is being crucified by most detractors simply because of assumptions ... not classy enough, fake-looking ... I honestly do not think that she has done something so concrete that would merit the attacks.

Yes she has. She has been doing nothing at all. If at least she could speak proper French by now, but as for the last interview it seems she can´t. It is the average time that takes to acquire an intermediate level, not living in a French speaking country.
She could have done many things in 4 years: finish school, enroll in a University, carry on with her "passion" ( what prevented her from swimming as she used to do, and probably represent her country? I will never understand).
It is the lack of interest in everything that bothers. The only thing she has done all this time is wait until the engagemet is announced. And of course improve her image, because we all know, the image comes first.
As for Albert, it is quite weird that he hasn´t taken the desicion before, if he´s sooo in love. he´s not 35, and he needs a heir. It looks like it was a tough decision for him.

Haha...I agree rosana.
What has Charlene been doing? Besides looking nice. I feel like she thinks her lifes job is to follow Albert, but it would be really nice to see her doing something for herself.

If I remember correctly, she said in the engagement interview that she wants to work with disadvantaged children, and also sport, presumably also with children?

I have to agree with previous posters that she could have easily started doing these things during the last four or five years.

Instead, she has groomed herself (or has been groomed) into a kind of fashion model, and a "lady who lunches". Where's the charity in this? It smacks more of self-promotion.

We do of course expect much more ;) but that's a good start. Especially
as the acceptance of the patronage was already made before the wedding.
Why not already start and grow into such duties - would be nice if something
similar would follow soon. Thanks for the update, Thtregoddess11!

I'm glad she'll be getting involved in African matters. The Virginia McKenna connection is a prestigious one, and it will give CW more chances to keep up her links with Africa.

We do of course expect much more ;) but that's a good start. Especially
as the acceptance of the patronage was already made before the wedding.
Why not already start and grow into such duties - would be nice if something
similar would follow soon. Thanks for the update, Thtregoddess11!

No problem-all I did was a google search for her name and found the article.

I'm glad she'll be getting involved in African matters. The Virginia McKenna connection is a prestigious one, and it will give CW more chances to keep up her links with Africa.

I'm glad too. I hope she keeps it up, gaining more patronages. I wonder if the relations between S. Africa and Monaco will be similar to the ones of the US and Monaco during the Grace-Rainier era.....we'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom