The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

This morning, November 8, Crown Prince Haakon attended the Zero Conference 2018 in Oslo:

** Pic **

** kongehuset: Grønne transportløsninger på Zerokonferansen ** translation **
Thanks iceflower!

About Zerokonferansen (The Zero Conference).

--------------------

As for the ''Trident Juncture 2018'' military exercise:

I posted some English articles about it in this thread.

Also important to mention (since I continues to receive questions about who decides what, when it comes to royal duties) that the attendance of the King and CP was at the request of the government.

Read a bit more about royal duties in post 350.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some more pictures from the Zero conference yesterday posted today the Palace. Crown Prince Haakon was allowed to sit in a cockpit on an electric plane.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp9MjkYnsOg/

Old 11-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Crown Prince Haakon attended a centenary service marking the end of the First World War in Stavern today, November 11:

** Instagram Photos **
Old 11-11-2018, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Also the palace share some more pictures from today

https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html...6386&sek=26939
Old 11-15-2018, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Crown Prince Haakon received Mozambique's President Filipe Jacinto Nyusi and his wife Isaura Nyusi at the Royal Palace today, November 15:

** Pic **
Old 11-15-2018, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks iceflower!

The Crown Prince Regent also visited the Nordic Foundation Network in Oslo today.

Royal House Article: Hvordan kan stiftelser bidra? - kongehuset.no.
(Still issues with the google translations, so use your owns.)

Speech given by His Royal Highness The Crown Prince at the opening of the Nordic Foundation Network meeting in Oslo, 15 November 2018 - The Royal House of Norway.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:08 PM
Majesty

His Royal Highness The Crown Prince met today 28 young people 18 to 25 years old. They have just landed after four weeks at sea on the first Windjammer cruise on board Christian Radich.
https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html...6797&sek=26939
Old 12-11-2018, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks polyesco!

Read about (and see photos of) Christian Radich in English here (Wikipedia).

And our two other major ladies here. - The pictures in these Wikipedia articles wasn't that much to brag about (in contrast to the one above), so I added two photos: Statsraad Lehmkuhl (photo) - Sørlandet (photo)
Old 12-11-2018, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's two ladies of stunning beauty!
Old 12-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Majesty

Haakon today visits Porsanger Municipality
https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html...6851&sek=26939
https://www.altaposten.no/nyheter/20...e-18054848.ece
Old 12-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
That's two ladies of stunning beauty!
I know!

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Thanks polyesco!

Yes, the engagements took place in the largest village and administrative centre, Lakselv (English-Wikipedia-link) of Porsanger Municipality (English-Wikipedia-link) in Finnmark-County (English-Wikipedia-link).

First, The CP visited Bærtua kindergarten to hear about the project "Kvensk språkreir" (language-learning-method for families who want to give their children the opportunity to have a functional bilingual language in Norwegian and Kven), before he went on to Lakselv-Upper-secondary-school (''Videregående skole,'' Grades VG1-VG3, ages 16-19), where he met with pupils and teachers to hear about the public-health-project ''Ungdom i Fokus'' (''Youth in Focus'').

The visit was concluded with a meeting with entrepreneurs from Finnmark at ''Antikstore'' (a part of the Banak Camp, a family business located in a former military-camp built in the period 1945-1948. - The building is declared worthy of preservation by the Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage - and is a place for antiques, food, local beers and cultural events. Some photos of it in this facebook page).
Old 01-09-2019, 05:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

CP Haakon attend at the NHO's annual conference in Oslo today

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsaRnzlHtMP/
Old 01-09-2019, 06:02 AM
Serene Highness

I know this isn't the fashion section of the board---permit me this just one time---but is that a new tie Yay!

Back on topic!! Haakon is also scheduled to attend the conference's dinner tonight, so there will be more photos coming. Hopefully.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Here's some more about Haakon attending the NHO conference:

** Instagram video & photos **

** kongehuset: Kronprinsen på NHOs årskonferanse ** translation **
Old 01-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks eya & iceflower!

Read more about The Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO) here:

From their English-website (link).
(Outdated information, Almlid is now permanent Director General, not ''acting.'')

English Wikipedia article (link).
(Outdated information when it comes to the organisation's leadership.)

And here are some photos of CP Haakon arriving together with the Mayor of Oslo, Marianne Borgen, at the dinner at Oslo-Spektrum this evening, where they were greeted by NHO's President, Arvid Moss, and its Director General, Ole Erik Almlid. - If they don't show, click on them more than once:

https://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/td7ded8f
https://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/td7ded80
https://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/td7dedbd
Old 01-28-2019, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Crown Prince Haakon received the Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Groysman for an audience at the Royal Palace today, January 28:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 01-28-2019, 09:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Prince Haakon received the Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Groysman for an audience at the Royal Palace today, January 28:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **
Haakon is Regent today. Another pic of the meeting was posted on the official Twitter account: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtLmVhxn68e/

The caption reads: The Crown Prince Regent accepted Ukraine's Prime Minister Volodymyr Hrojsman in an audience at the Palace today. The Prime Minister is on an official visit to Norway and has met with Prime Minister Erna Solberg, Foreign Minister Ine Eriksen Søreide and Minister of Culture and Gender Equality Trine Skei Grande.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Iceflower & Lyonnaise!

Yes, The Crown Prince was regent during that audience! - Which means that The King was probably on his way home from a private overseas-trip, since CP Haakon was back at just being Crown Prince again (according to the official calendar) when he along with CP MM attended a board meeting of their Foundation some 40 min later.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:41 PM
Serene Highness

Royal Norway, had the King not been back in time, would the official calendar have read: Crown Prince Regent and Crown Princess attend the board meeting of the Crown Prince and Crown Princess’ Foundation?

~
In other Haakon news:
He's off to Sweden for a couple of days in February. He'll be attending the Alpine World Ski Championships in Åre, Sweden from 7-10 February.

He's also doing another engagement with the Queen on February 6th! I'm not sure if she's his Mette-Marit stand in or if he's her Harald stand in, but I love these mother/son outings.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise View Post
Royal Norway, had the King not been back in time, would the official calendar have read: Crown Prince Regent and Crown Princess attend the board meeting of the Crown Prince and Crown Princess’ Foundation?
Yes! At least that has been the case in the past.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise View Post
He's also doing another engagement with the Queen on February 6th! I'm not sure if she's his Mette-Marit stand in or if he's her Harold stand in, but I love these mother/son outings.
Hmm, since The CP-Couple (or CP Haakon alone) have been those to attend this Sámi National Day-stuff in recent years (last time being in 2013), I am pretty sure that CP MM would've been the one to accompany him, had she been up to it.
The same goes for The Green Capital-stuff on January 4th (earlier this month), since she has previously worked a lot with environmental issues.

Tags
crown prince haakon, prince haakon, prince haakon current events