Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 3 (September 2008 - January 2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 of them?
Friso & Mabel have 2 daughters.
Yes you are correct. I was just considering Mable & children as at this time poor Friso doesn't actually know what is happening to his life.

So we are never to have more information about his state ?????

It is so sad that the prince has been, publicly, tossed into limbo. I know they are and, probably have made, certain, decisions, that will come to fruition, but the veil of darkness is very thick. These decisions are theirs and theirs, only. But, since, they have used the media for other purposes, it is hard for those who do show interest and care not to be told anything.

Well, I don't see what information there is to give. He was in a coma, is in a coma and probably weill be in a coma for some time. If there is a change for the better or for the worse I am sure the RVD will announce it. But for now there just is no news.

You are right. I think and all who think "they" have no right to know, are, probably, correct, but wonder if he is still on life support. Other than that, there is nothing to know. Curiosity killed the cat, the saying goes, but people are always curious. More so, because they are made to feel that they have a connection to this family or any of the families that use the media for their benefit, as all royal families do, therefore they think they should be part of the "in Crowd".

Well, I don't see what information there is to give. He was in a coma, is in a coma and probably weill be in a coma for some time. If there is a change for the better or for the worse I am sure the RVD will announce it. But for now there just is no news.

Exactly Marengo.No news,and no ´in crowd´ messages over nothing.

That people feel sympathy for the family is wellknown and highly appreciated,but there is no need at all to `demand´ an update of some sort unless there is real news and there haven´t been any changes at all till now.And honestly,I will dread that news.Meanwhile,have mercy on the family as it already is hard enough as it is as one can try and imagine,without constant bickering of `we have a right to know´.One doesn´t,and respects the privacy of the Family in this extremely difficult situation.Cést tout.

Lucien, you have said it all, correctly. Thank you.

One of the saddest pictures I have ever seen. Mabel looks terrible and is dressed in mourning type clothes. The headline is pathetic.

oh god!! mabel look so sad.

That's really a very sad picture. My heart really goes to Mabel and the girls; they must be living through a real hell right now. :sad:
On the other hand, I'm glad her family is there for you and they make an attempt to return Mabel to normal life, so to speak. My respect for Dutch royals has positively sky-rocketed.

Unfortunately, she cannot go forward and she cannot go back. She lives in a nether world of insecurity when it comes to her husband. You can see it on her face. She has, always, had the support of the DRF and they are very kind. I do not know who can make the choices for her husband's future, I assume just her. He , too, lives in this nether world of being dead, while being kept alive. What pain!!!

Unfortunately, she cannot go forward and she cannot go back. She lives in a nether world of insecurity when it comes to her husband. You can see it on her face. She has, always, had the support of the DRF and they are very kind. I do not know who can make the choices for her husband's future, I assume just her. He , too, lives in this nether world of being dead, while being kept alive. What pain!!!
The thing is, there is always hope. Always. No matter what the doctors say, deep inside Mabel will be thinking "what if"? It's incredibly hard to let go of someone you love, and I don't think Mabel is there just yet, to make that hard decision that will affect the entire family. Because whatever she chooses, it will be a horrible ordeal.

Last edited:
You are, incredidbly, correct. And, no one can know how it feels, unless they are walking in those shoes. That's why I thought the headline "Mabel returns to public life", was dubious. She doesn't look like she has returned to anything.

I can almost imagine Maxima insisting that Mabel comes with her to this event for a change of air. People can sometimes forget about themselves when faced with a such tragedy and thank God for relatives and friends who try to support us.

What an awful situation for any family to go through. One is neither here nor there.
God give a lot of strength and courage to them, especially Mabel and her little daughters.

She is brave considering she knew she would be very much photographed due to the circumstances.

Yes, she did and I, think, she showed what she felt.

Poor Mabel, indeed! What she must be going through, especially with the uncertainty, and the need to support her own two children through this. Such a nightmare I would not wish on anyone.

Why she was at that event is beyond me. She is, obviosuly, not in a place to do this.

Perhaps she wanted to support the RF the best she can. Perhaps she wanted to show that though she is in pain and arguably grieving that she is still living life the best she can.

That could be, but that is not how she looked. She looked like a grieving widow, dragged out to an event, she would rather have not been at. She looked terrible. I don't, believe, the family, would want to do this to her. I, think, it was a miscalculation.

Princess Mabel looks so very sad. Her outfit is beautiful, but her face and hair show that she used all her strength in showing up for the event. Everything must be very difficult for her.

Poor Mabel, indeed! What she must be going through, especially with the uncertainty, and the need to support her own two children through this. Such a nightmare I would not wish on anyone.

Neither would I, it must be terrible.

I blame the medics who resuscitated after such a long time; they had to know what would transpire after so long without oxygen.
Death would have been a mercy compared to this.

Perhaps she wanted to support the RF the best she can. Perhaps she wanted to show that though she is in pain and arguably grieving that she is still living life the best she can.

I agree. Maybe she wanted to get out and do something, but then at the time it all became too much for her.

That's the job of the medics, though. Their job is to keep a person alive until they can get to a hospital. It would have been unprofessional and unethical of them to do otherwise. The children, Princess Mabel, and the extended family at least know that he is alive and that every effort was made to save him.

I blame the medics who resuscitated after such a long time; they had to know what would transpire after so long without oxygen.

maybe she just wanted to get out and take her mind off things, and thought a concert was a nice opportunity. maybe maxima invited her along to allow her to distract herself. it's hardly something to blame, the need for evasion. i doubt she was at all "dragged".

It is always so sad to see that those who really care and are able to feel compassion are those who suffer the most. If Mabel had been such a cold hearted witch some claimed she was in the running up to her wedding and only out to grab herself a prince, she would not now been so deeply affected. My heart goes out to her. Only the knowledge about a friend of mine who was in a similar situation, had to choose, suffered so much but found a new love and a new life (though much later) enables me to read about Mabel at all. The poor mite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom