The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
If you could speak to a royal/s, any one of them, what would you say to them? I would say to little prince Harry almost 10 years age, it's okay to cry for your mummy! (he complained that he was forbodden to cry in public at her funeral)
Really? How absurd, he was a kid!, Im 18 and I would've cried my eyes out!

I'd congratulate the Kings of Spain for the beautiful family they have built. And I don't know what else.. Im very talkative, so I'd have a nice chat with the Princes of Asturias too.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Courtier

why aren't they allowed to cry in public?? whether old or young that's not the issue, it's a matter of expressin how they feel, if they are very sad then why not show it!

Old 01-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Absurd british protocol .. I guess.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
why aren't they allowed to cry in public?? whether old or young that's not the issue, it's a matter of expressin how they feel, if they are very sad then why not show it!
In Chelsy's interview to the press, she told them that that is what Harry said, and he had alot of anger about it, the British Royal family, DO NOT cry at funerals, the Queen didn't cry at her mum's or sister's funeral!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

it seems odd, Queen Elizabeth wept in public when her yacht was laid to rest (i'm pretty sure of), yet she cant cry at a funeral? Odd.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
I'd congratulate the Kings of Spain for the beautiful family they have built
I'd do the same, but I'd also ask King JC about his life and how he felt succeeding General Franco, knowing that his country had very little faith in him. I'd ask what his fears are and what he is proud of in his 'role' as King of Spain.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
Perhaps it has something to do with the old British 'Stiff Upper Lip' thing.
Poor Harry, a ten year year old should be able to cry bucket loads when his mummy dies.

I would like to ask all the Royals if they had the option of being anyone else in the world, who would they be????
Old 01-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In Chelsy's interview to the press, she told them that that is what Harry said, and he had alot of anger about it, the British Royal family, DO NOT cry at funerals, the Queen didn't cry at her mum's or sister's funeral!!!
The Queen did not cry at the funeral of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, but she did cried on the stairs of St. Geogre's Chapel at Princess Margaret's funeral, i think, auntie.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 01-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
but she did cried on the stairs of St. Geogre's Chapel at Princess Margaret's funeral, i think, auntie.
Yes, she did, I remember the picture on the front of the newspaper. I wouldn't say she wept but she did shed a few tears.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Royal Highness

Anyone else want to say something to a royal?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Gentry

I would love to meet the Swedish RF. I would 'jokingly' ask CP Victoria what she wants to be when she grows up. Mostly to see what kind of sense of humor she has, but honestly, I would most likely be 'royal' struck and only be able to get out 'Your Highness'!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Courtier

I guess it depends on whom i will meet
Old 01-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

How about asking Queen Elisabeth, whats in those secret files about Jack the Ripper?
Old 01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, I had the impression that she had tears in her eyes at her mother's funeral - she doesn't have to break down to seem to be mourning "properly".
Old 01-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Courtier

If I would meet Queen Beatrix I would say: "You do quite a good job, your majesty!"
Old 01-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix
If I would meet Queen Beatrix I would say: "You do quite a good job, your majesty!"

Well if I woud meet Queen Margrethe I woud say the same thing to her as Princess_Beatrix,but i woud also say PLEAS stop your smoking and drinking all that redwine and get your dentist to bleach your teeths* Just kidding abaut the theeths,smoking and redwine*

Old 01-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Courtier

I would ask Máxima exactly how she told her father "Dad, you cannot come to my wedding"... and if WA was there while she did...
Old 01-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

Don't we already have a thread on this topic?
Anyway, I would bombard QEII with questions, I could imagine since she has reigned so long she is a veritable walking history book.
Among other (more serious)questions I would also ask her if there is a secret file on Jack the ripper and if I could have a peek
I would like to ask GeorgeV about his feelings when he heard what had become of his look-alike cousin Csar Nicholas and his family.
I would like to ask Queen Mary what a feeling it really was to marry the brother of your dead finance.
And I would like to ask Queen Victoria about John Brown
Old 01-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

I'd ask Sultan Qaboos about how he even managed to start implementing his reforms - and how far he actually intends to go - will women be totally free to do what they want? Will he, in the end, proced with the reforms at a loss of traditional culture. And who does he favour as his heir, as he has no official ones.

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 01-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Gentry

i would interview princess masako of japan and ask how she copes with the stresses of the IHA