The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Would like to see a movie about Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier. I'm not too convinced about a film on Diana. Her life as already been like a fiction made of disasters, revelations and all. Choosing an actress would be very difficult IMO, and we all have already an opinion on her life. I wouldn't want Hollywood to make a blockbuster about her. Just to weird for me ...

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
We must wait a little to run a movie about Maxima!
I agree. I believe Máxima can provide us with much more interesting material with time. Besides the controversial wedding (her father's issue and so), I don't know what else we could expect to find out about her story in a movie. I mean, there hasn't been too much of a drama surrounding her story with W-A... it looks rather fairy-taleistic to me. She didn't struggle that much, and she's doing really well as a Princess. Maybe in a couple of decades.

As an early Sissi-fan (and absolutely dissapointed with the Romy Schneider's saga), I would like to watch a realistic movie about her. Showing her eating disorders, her true relationship with Emperor Franz Joseph...

Old 07-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Nobility

I would love to see one on Edward and Sophie.

They are such private 'normal' people who keep themselves and their little girl out of the public eye - it would be nice to be a fly on the wall.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

I really want to see a very nice and romantic movie about Claus and Beatrix. Optional I'm satisfied with a very good movie about other royals
Old 07-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Gentry

I would like to see Grand Duchess Maria Theresa because she has been through alot. From living under the rule of Fidel Castro to having to learn english and living in New York City, and then having to move to Geneva and then there is the meeting of Grand Duke Henri. And then to having beautiful children and living happily ever after.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:23 AM
Courtier

My dream one will be Charles and Camilla but it will be very difficult.
The love stories of Haakon and MM, Federik and Mary, and Felipe and Letizia will be very modern romantic and great love stories.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanelWindsor View Post
I would like to see Grand Duchess Maria Theresa because she has been through alot. From living under the rule of Fidel Castro to having to learn english and living in New York City, and then having to move to Geneva and then there is the meeting of Grand Duke Henri. And then to having beautiful children and living happily ever after.
I totally agree with you. Love to see a movie of her live
Old 10-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Aristocracy

I can't wait to see the love story of Elizabeth I and Prince Philip, but I think films like this will only start coming out when one of the two, if not both, meet their Maker, knock on wood.

I especially want to see a film from Prince Philips point of view, I think it will be very interesting, how he grew up, his poverty as a young prince, meeting Elizabeth, adjusting to royal life, royal support through the years, troubles and conflicts, growing old together, a long-lived life of love between the two.

Sounds good to me.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Nobility

I would also like to see a movie about about the Queen and Prince Philip because they have been through everything and have stayed together for 60 years, but if their is one made it will probably be after they are gone.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Courtier

Although I would love to see Felipe & Letizia's love story into a film I think Haakon & MM's story would be nice. Having MM's background and becoming CPss of Norway. I think it would be nice.. It's like Cinderella!!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Royal Highness

Like I said before, I think Haakon and Mette-Marit's story would make a good movie. It might be Lifetime material though, so people, especially women like my mother, who is obsessed with Lifetime (not that there's anything wrong with that) would really, really love it. Grace Kelly's life is going to be made a movie at some point. It's almost inevitable. I just hope that they do a good job with it.

It's a little too early for a Diana movie, but maybe in some years to come.

Queen Elizabeth II could have quite a few movies made of her from a few different points. We have "The Queen", which IMO was a wonderful film, which about the time around Diana's death, those crucial days. There could also be one made about her early rule after her father's death, the impact his death had on her and her rule etc.; her life with Prince Philip and their children and all of the drama involved (Diana and Fergie could be intricate parts of the film); even one about Prince Philip himself, his birth in Greece, having to get out, the actions of his parents (his father leaving, mother being institutionalized and then going to a convent), the death of his sister and her family, his life in the Navy, marriage, etc., or one of these points. He really has had an extremely interesting life.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe a couple of years from now a movie on Diana focusing on her life than rather then her last year.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Courtier

I too would love to see a movie about Princess Masako's life. It would be such a fascinating insight into the history, culture and politics of Japanese society. The gender issue as well as the [seemingly] great sacrifice she made would add such human drama.

I also would like to see a movie about Prince Phillippe of Belgium. It would be interesting to take a look at this quiet, shy, and awkward person whose fellow countrymen have such negative perception of. I would love to know/see how he plans to overcome this challenge, and his thoughts on his peoples' opinion of him. I have a sense that the prince is a complex character, and I find him quite mysterious. I would love to find out how he came to choose his wife, which turned out to be such a gift to him.

Mette-Marit and Haakon are also good subjects. There is always the class issue when royals marry commoners, but in this case Mette-Marit's background was almost impossible to overlook. I would love to know what kind of negotiations took place in order for her to be accepted not only by the family, but how Haakon pursuaded the government and secured Mette-Marit's position as future queen. I love Haakon - he made a leap of faith by refusing to conform and ended up a winner. I love this story!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Diana's 16 years as princess ..
Old 10-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
+ The life of Empress Maria Feodorovna of Russia, starting with her sisters wedding in England.
I agree. It would be af great story but also very sad.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Commoner

I would like to see films about Kaiser Wilhelm II,Queen Frederika,the King Don Juan Carlos I and especially that of the Queen Dona Sofia.Also big films about King Farouk the King of Egypt,Shah Reza Phalavi and that of his wife The Empress Farah,Emperor Hirohito,Queen Sirikit,and the Queen Dona Victoria Eugenia.Maybe a film of Letizia but I am not too sure.One about Mary would be interesting.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
Although I would love to see Felipe & Letizia's love story into a film
I would love to see Felipe and Letizia's love story too... really lovely!!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

I would like to watch a lot of royal lifes on screen for ex;
1.Late King Farouk of egypt mainly in exile,I watched many movies about him before exile but I think his life in exile was more interesting"divorce from his second wife,relationship with italian singer then a sudden death at age 45."

2.Late shah of Iran Mohaned reza Pahalvi with his three marriages would make an interesting movie.

3.Italian royal family from King Umberto and Queen Maria jose,the exile,the separation,marriage of VE and Marina Doria, the death of the king then the queen and the conflict bet. VE and his sisters,the conflict bet. the savoy and savoy-aosta ,this is realy an exciting story.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
I would love to see a decent movie on the Romanov family. I say this because the only two big ones, Nicholas & Alexandra and Rasputin were more about politics (N&A) and legends (R) than about the actual family. You can only tell who the girls are based on a single scene, and only if you have a previous knowledge of the family. I'd just like to see one that focuses more on the family and less on the politics and rumours and legends surrounding them.

I'd also love to see another film based on the lives of Queen Victoria and her children!
The BBC could do it in many, many parts as both subjects are vast!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Aristocracy

My favourit is Charlotte Casiraghi. But she is only 21 years old. I admire Grace Kelly but I've seen a lot of biographies.
Maybe Princess Stephanie.

Or a movie about a very old royal family a few hundret years ago.