The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-24-2005, 06:50 AM

Quote:
He shows no respect whatsoever of other races. And he calls himself a prince...truly dissapointiong
Oh come on. He wore it for a joke and although the people at the party found it funny, the outside world didn't. Can we move on and forget it?

Old 11-24-2005, 07:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

move on and forgive, do not think forgetting is necessary nor likely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Oh come on. He wore it for a joke and although the people at the party found it funny, the outside world didn't. Can we move on and forget it?

Old 11-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

BeatrixFAn, its not as simple as that. Try telling that to the people who that nazi sign effected. Its not that easy to just "move on", In some countries, displaying that sign is a legal offence and people get fined for it. Lets have some respect for the people who were terrified of that sign.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:14 AM

I can't see the huge fuss over the thing. People go to pieces when they see a swastika - I wonder if the majority actually understand the basic connotation the swastika has. As far as I saw, the costume was only an arm band and some beige trousers. It wasn't a copy of the Fuhrer's military garb was it?
Old 11-24-2005, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Try telling that to the people who that nazi sign effected
This is what I mean. People seem to be terrified by the swastika - it wasn't the swastika that caused the harm. That was nothing but a logo. It was the Nazi regime that cause the harm.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
This is what I mean. People seem to be terrified by the swastika - it wasn't the swastika that caused the harm. That was nothing but a logo. It was the Nazi regime that cause the harm.
It was what the sign symbolised and represented that was the problem, a sign of the past (harmful or not) that people dont want to go back into because it was a bad time in history
Old 11-24-2005, 07:20 AM

Well, I don't agree with that but its probably best to leave it here.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, lets just agree to disagree.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:30 AM
Nobility

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Ok, I don't visit the Spanish Forum very much...However, JC has illegitimate children ?
I'm curious too, how many does he have?
Old 11-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Nobility

Thumbs down Most disappointing

You shouldn't generalize! I dont know every Royal person so well that I could write in in censorious terms in general. But I know that I, myself, often find factual explanations why Royals behave in a certain way when I look around me in the society of today. And we, ourselves, want to see Royals in gala and glamour, but we also want's to see them in a popular culture being "one of us". If there are to little "gala" we complain about it, and if Royals are doing the same misstakes we do - we dislike that.

For me this thread is the most disapointing in TRF. It's a subject with the hidden meaning for harsh criticism. We will never be happy if we don't have our own way shouldering responsibility. A persons self-esteem don't grove on threds like this. But it tells us a little more about ourselves and our own failures.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion BUT I believe you are all putting a little too much pressure on Prince Harry. Yes, he messed up with the Nazi uniform, the partying, etc. But COME ON...he is 18 years old! Yes, more is expected of him because of his position..but I think that comes with time..its not like a clock goes off at 18 and you are suddenly mature, respectful and all knowing about everything the exact day/minute you turn 18. In regards to his Nazi uniform..he has admitted that this was a mistake and has apologized. If anything..I think that episode is a prime example of a lot of youth in this world..they are so removed from a lot of events that happened in the last 50 years (World II, the Vietnam War, Holocaust, the Civil Rights Movement)..they read about it but they never experienced these events . Yes, a lot of us have not experienced it as well but we are only one or two generation away and we know/have family members who witnessed these events. I also, think you are being harsh on Charlotte (she is what 16-17!) and Prince William (who just graduated from college...give him a year at least).

Now Prince Albert..I can see. The man is way too old to be acting foolish. If you are going to fool around..use protection for goodness sake!

Actually, Harry turned 21 this year and Charlotte was 20 in august, but I see your point.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Elizabeth
Actually, Harry turned 21 this year and Charlotte was 20 in august, but I see your point.
Thanks for the correction. Everyone is getting older but I like to think time stand still (at least for me!).
Old 11-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Ah, so he wore the uniform to honour Rommel and to make a statement against Hitler? How logical...

I completely agree with you Lil Princess!
No the party had a colonial theme and the African war was a colonial war. OK it wasn't the brightest idea for a costume but Harry probably didn't intend to go as a Nazi. He probably could have just gotten rid of the armband.

I was shocked when I heard the reports because it did seem quite insensitive so I researched it a bit further and found out what was going on. I still think its dumb but the action doesn't look as insensitive as it first appeared.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
You're not breaking anything to me. :p But it seems to fail quite a bit for royalty, eh.
Ok you sounds like every royal in europe are born out of wedlock. please say who these persons are if there is so many among the royals.
I know of Louis of Luxembourg, Albert of Monaco and a belgian king have illegitimate children and so what??
It is also going on in the ordinary public too so why not in the royal cirkels
Old 11-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
This forum is about who we think the most dissapointing royal of this year is, I gave my opinion and backed it up.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

that is right lil princess lost, and a very valid opinion at that :)
Old 11-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Majesty

All I have to say is that I'm really shocked. If someone here in Germany would wear a Nazi uniform or just that sign, he would end up in court or in prison. I absolutly can't believe that someone found that was funny. It was soo disrespectful and absolutly not acceptable. Germany and the victims from World War II still have to deal with this past and it seems to me that even my generation (I'm 22) has to suffer from that time. It's absolutly not right or fun.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:15 AM

I didn't say it was right nor did I say it was fun. I saw the intended joke. Personally, I find the banning of an ideology, a symbol and a uniform to be a tad opressive but I'm not German and thats not what we're discussing here. I don't see Harry's act as a vast offense and lets be honest, he didn't have a good reputation to begin with so was it that dissapointing?
Old 11-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Majesty

He really dissapoints me. He is some kind of a role model to many young people and so it is irresponsible to wear that kind of uniform. This is a very "senstive" issue in Germany.

Actually I just wanted to say what I feel about this.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:30 AM

Quote:
He is some kind of a role model to many young people and so it is irresponsible to wear that kind of uniform.
A role-model? After his past antics, I don't think he's held in high esteem - his brother may be but not Harry. Of Course, that has something to do with the fact that William is a crashing bore and Harry has a bit of pep but I don't think Grannies up and down Great Britain want their grandchildren following Harry's example even before the Nazi Uniform.