The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 05:37 AM
Majesty

I think Camilla has been very pragmatic. She has got a few black coats a and a few black hats that she uses for funerals, Remembrance Day and other similar events. She mixes and matches them, and some combinations end up being slightly better than others, but I suspect she does not particularly care. She probably just does not feel the need to have a new black coat every year or every other year.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:22 AM
Majesty

Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition Reception - Pictures - Zimbio

Camilla looking very elegant in an on-trend dress when she represented HM at a reception in connection with the Commonwealth Essay Competition.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Majesty

I love the dress, but would have preferred flesh-colored stockings, and shoes. Black is a bit much here.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Majesty

GBR: Service Of Thanksgiving For Lady Soames Bilder und News-Fotos | Getty Images

Camilla's trusty black hat and suit out again today when she, along with the PoW and Princess Alexandra attended a Service of Thanksgiving for Lady Soames
Old 11-20-2014, 10:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition Reception - Pictures - Zimbio

Camilla looking very elegant in an on-trend dress when she represented HM at a reception in connection with the Commonwealth Essay Competition.

On trend? I mean it's quite nice but exactly Vanity Fair-quality.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I love the dress, but would have preferred flesh-colored stockings, and shoes. Black is a bit much here.
Have to agree. The dress is very smart, but there's no black in it and she's wearing pearls around her neck so I don't think the black stockings work. Black shoes, sure, but not black stockings.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:51 AM
Royal Highness

I do not think there is anything wrong with wearing black stockings with her outfit.

It could be an old fashion rule she is following, dark stockings to be worn during autumn and winter regardless of the color of the dress and accessories.

Or maybe she had another appointment in the day and changed the dress for the Commonwealth Essay Competition but not the stockings.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Wearing stockings to match your shoes is a very old fashion custom. How silly would it have been to have worn ivory shoes with the dark hosiery. Now that would have been awful. Lighter shoes and stockings would have looked nice, but I think we can give her a pass on this one.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I do not think there is anything wrong with wearing black stockings with her outfit.

It could be an old fashion rule she is following, dark stockings to be worn during autumn and winter regardless of the color of the dress and accessories.

Or maybe she had another appointment in the day and changed the dress for the Commonwealth Essay Competition but not the stockings.
It was an evening engagement, so I think it was fine.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do think the style of dress is very flattering - particularly the upper section.
Dark coloured tights are okay but I agree that a lighter shade would have probably been a better choice.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Wearing stockings to match your shoes is a very old fashion custom. How silly would it have been to have worn ivory shoes with the dark hosiery. Now that would have been awful. Lighter shoes and stockings would have looked nice, but I think we can give her a pass on this one.
I agree. I would have preferred to see beige stockings with that dress, but it's no big deal.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Love Camilla's outfit today- that purple rocks!
Old 11-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Love Camilla's outfit today- that purple rocks!
Prince Charles Visits the School of Jewellery - Pictures - Zimbio

Agreed, she looks wonderful.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Majesty

I love seeing Camila in purple. That color suits her.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

And in plaid. It suits her. The lighting in these photos is foul, but she looks great.
Prince Charles Visits Sky — Part 2 Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 12-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Rookie @royalfocus1 · 52m 52 minutes ago
#Camilla Duchess of Cornwall resplendent in a tiara attends a diplomatic reception at #BuckinghamPalace #Royals
https://twitter.com/royalfocus1/stat...98176707518464

What I love about Camilla is that she allow the media to properly photograph her during informal and formal engagements. She loves the camera.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
#Camilla Duchess of Cornwall resplendent in a tiara attends a diplomatic reception at #BuckinghamPalace #Royals

What I love about Camilla is that she allow the media to properly photograph her during informal and formal engagements. She loves the camera.

(Sorry it seems like I am stalking you tonight Dman!!)

I would put it that 'she allows the camera to love her' (that is not an argument against 'she loves the camera' just my way of not thinking 'she is looking for the camera', which we see mentioned so many times for certain people)
Old 12-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought she looked good. Cubitt-Shand tiara and the dress she wore to the Dutch inauguration dinner (?)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Serene Highness

Camilla's hair...

...has looked much better lately. It's shorter, shinier, and the color is more becoming.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

*peers at the photo* I reckon she grabbed a bit of tinsel off the Christmas tree and wrapped it around that tiara.

Tags
duchess of cornwall, duchess of cornwall eveningwear, duchess of cornwall's fashion, duchess of cornwall's fashion and style, duchess of cornwall's style