The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 12: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how different people react differently to things. I was horrified with her choices of clothing and hairstyle and cheap, nasty, trashy, necklace for the Mandela film.
Couldn't agree more.
. . . but I though her outfit for the visit to the children's hospice was just fine. I might not personally like her choices, but it was a very casual affair and I thought she seemed dressed appropriately. I don't see anything wrong with mixing grey and blue and black for casual wear. It was a comfortable outfit for her and enabled her to engage closely with the children.
On a personal level I loathe skinny jeans/pants, etc. and all the emphasis there now is on the "gap". It is an extreme body issue for many young girls and women.
She seems much more at ease and confident when she's on her own and not with William. I wonder why that is?
Possibly those engagements are more formal and structured. At the hospice I am guessing nobody would mind if the visit ran way over time.

Last edited:
She looks very nice. Appropriate for this type of visit.

I think she looks nice it is a very difficult engagement to dress for IMO with all the photos she was playing bending and so on so I think it is fine I totally love those boots

Solo Hosital Visit - Dec 6th.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/06/article-2519394-19E9394000000578-431_306x668.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/06/article-2519394-19E8C31300000578-498_306x668.jpg

Reiss £275 jacket, £225 wedge ankle boots by Russell and Bromley.

Grey, black and blue does not go.

Personally this is a messy look with nothing matching IMO. The coat is lovely but that is about it. The pants look like jeans and quite inappropriate IMO for an official event even if that is visiting children. To me, it looks like she was running late and through the coat on to dress it up but didn't work well.

I don't mind the outfit in itself and I like the individual pieces. Personally I don't like the colours of the boots and trousers next to each other.

Question about her outfit when visiting the children........in viewing the pictures of her, it seems the jacket has a grayish blue color, not all gray nor blue, it's a mixture of both which looks great with the pants. I think she tries very hard to be appropriately dressed for whatever she does. In the beginning it was questionable, yet one must understand there is a learning curve in any thing a person does. The Queen has it down to a T, she has been doing this for how many decades now..........give Catherine a break, she is still learning and doing her best. Now how would any of us do in her shoes, for me, she sure has more patience then I do and that takes lots of time.

I thought The Duchess of Cambridge looked very good on this visit. The colors do match and it was a change from what she usually wear. She looked like she was very comfortable and was able to get down with the children and interact with them.

Beautiful coat!
Her make-up looks different, softer.

I think she looks fine for this engagement. No fussy accessories to get in the way and very practical. Skinny jeans can look ugh on most people, but luckily Kate doesn't have this problem.

I don't see what's inappropriate about this look. She was attending an event with children and this outfit allowed her to really get on the ground and interact them. Wearing pants was fine for this appearance.

Although I'm not a fan of the jacket, I still think she looks nice - the boots are super cute. And as others have noted, gray, black and blue do go quite well together.

Hmmm the only thing I really dislike are the shoes. The grey coat is nice and while I would have worn black trousers instead of jeans I can't say I don't like the combination. But these shoes are awful. Wedges?! No, no, no.

This is the great thing about fashions. Unless it's absolutely horrific (and we've all seen some of those), there really is no right or wrong. Just because one person doesn't like what someone else is wearing, doesn't mean that it's the wrong color or the wrong fit or the wrong style. It just means one person likes it, and someone else doesn't.

Personally, I thought Kate looked fine at the hospice. I thought she looked fine at the Mandela premiere. I didn't much like the necklace with the white dress, but that's just my opinion and doesn't count for much. What matters is that Kate liked it enough to wear it. :flowers:

^Very true. Unless the outfit is completely inappropriate (which I have rarely seen), what these women wear is really just a matter of personal taste. There is really no hard and fast rules when it coms to fashion. It's all about personal style. And even though I may not like the outfits (or style) that some of the royals wear, I have rarely seen anything that has come close to being completely unsuitable or inappropriate for a royal appearance.

Another factor we may want to take into consideration is that sometimes what she had planned to wear didn't end up that way. With going out for a while to an event, it would seem logical that she made sure all was well with George right before leaving. I've yet to meet a small infant that doesn't have his accidents and usually on mama's clothing. I remember well having to do a quick change. :D

Oh, that hospital outfit looks really odd. Really mismatchy and just off looking in general.

I love the park outfit though. Looks comfortable, casual and stylish at the same time.

I like everything about the outfit except the shoes.

I agree that the hospice outfit looked as if she put on the gray jacket to dress it all up at the last minute and was really too dressy for the leggings and boots. That must be a very difficult visit, she should feel comfortable yet look like an important visitor. A plain slim cut of pair of black or winter white or beige trousers would have worked a lot better and still enabled her to move about.

^^^I agree about wearing slim-cut slacks not hugging the figure so much; it would have given a more professional look while still allowing Kate to move about with ease. I don't like such tight pants for public engagements. But I do like the jacket.

Last edited:
I agree that the hospice outfit looked as if she put on the gray jacket to dress it all up at the last minute and was really too dressy for the leggings and boots. That must be a very difficult visit, she should feel comfortable yet look like an important visitor. A plain slim cut of pair of black or winter white or beige trousers would have worked a lot better and still enabled her to move about.

She wasn't wearing leggings.

I like the outfit Catherine wore to the Children's Hospice. The coat is nice and her shoes are alright, although I don't like the two shades of black together (seen in this photo).

Grey, black and blue does not go.

I respectfully disagree with this as I personally think that grey, black and blue do go well together. Grey and black seem to go well with most colours.

I like this coat very much. But that's it. The rest is all wrong, specially the colour combination.

Last edited:
^^So where are the two shades of black?

i like seeing kate in these more casual outfits. it really gives a breath of fresh air to the monarchy - as if we'd have seen diana in anything similar!

I think her clothing choices are also showing her confidence in her role as she is making her own boundaries. she has done quite a few of these hospice visits (and I'm sure more that we aren't aware of - gasp!). She knows what works for these visits. I think the jacket was a tasteful tailored way to pull it all together. professional yet practical if she wanted to sit on the floor with the kids. its all about the kids and the families. and shining a light to raise awareness and donations. this was one of her most relaxed visits and she obviously connected with the kids; completely warmed my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom