The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

The L.K.Bennett shoes look a lot like Sophie and Eugenie's shoes. I know that L.K.Bennett is a Royal family favourite for footwear so all the aforementioned girls could be wearing L.K.Bennett shoes. Like you said, a bit out of my price range too!

I like Sophie's hat...it's "out there", but it works. She is a firm favourite Royal for me, so I may be slightly bias, hah!

Old 06-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Getting tired of the Countess in these neutral/golden colours - been there seen it on her before time to move on she suits brighter shades i think they work best with the colour of her hair and skintone

Old 06-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know why,but I like the hole outfit including hat too :-) I also think that the dress,shoes and bag is from the weding,and just wonderful to put again in different event in other way ;-).
And about the shoes all royal ladies IMO have this tape and just strange they all have it in the same color :-)
Old 06-05-2011, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Here's another photo of Sophie. I'm still not liking that hat.

Photo from Getty Images
I don't mind her outfit, its elegant & she wears it well especially those colors but yes we've seen it over and over. I don't mind the hat, its different and one of the few nice ones she has worn.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:06 AM
Majesty

I think Sophie's ensemble looked terrific and her accessories were spot on. The hat though, was inspired. Without the flowers the entire outfit would have looked very sharp and severe. With the flowers she looked perfectly dress for a day at the races.

PS: Love the shoes!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:14 AM
Royal Highness

Here's another photo of Sophie at the Derby:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...40_634x859.jpg

I'm not quite sure about the hat but it doesn't look totally tragic..
Old 06-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the elegant outfit, but dislike the hat, too fussy!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Serene Highness

Sophie wears a pink outfit for Trouping the Colour and Louise was with her and Eugenie in the carriage
Old 06-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Gentry

The outfit Sophie is wearing for trooping the colour has quite a low neckline

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail...ty-Images-News
Old 06-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by figtreecrossing View Post

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

It is not a new jacket - she wore it to Ascot a number of years ago. Think the hat is also a repeat again from Ascot (though a different year from the jacket outing)

Old 06-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by figtreecrossing View Post

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
I quite like the cut of the neckline, low but not too revealing, I also like how it is styled slightly off the shoulders. The color is great for the season and on her. I love her hat, its so pretty.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Royal Highness

Sophie looks amazing; this is really a flattering neckline which showcases her pretty shoulders.

I love watching Sophies' hats; IMO she has the best hats of all the British royals - not always to my taste but somehow always different and interesting to watch.
This one is just amazing with the giant flower
Old 06-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked Sophie's choice today. I am with you on the hat UserDane; Sophie's hats are always a bit "out there" but I like that she chooses to wear them. Today's hat was lovely. She does appear to like the large flowers on hats. Her jacket was lovely too, if a bit lowcut, but it suited her. The colour was beautiful as well, complimented her blonde hair well.

On a side note, I thought it cute that Sophie and Louise both wore pink.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101
On a side note, I thought it cute that Sophie and Louise both wore pink.
ITA - her pink coat with the red trimmings stole the show and won a best dressed from me! :)
Old 06-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
ITA - her pink coat with the red trimmings stole the show and won a best dressed from me! :)
It was a delightful coat! Louise was definitely up there in the best dressed ranks! Her bow in her hair was also adorable.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I love that hat am pleased to see it again and no the jacket is not new actually quite old but she looks great in pink IMO
Old 06-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
It is not a new jacket - she wore it to Ascot a number of years ago. Think the hat is also a repeat again from Ascot (though a different year from the jacket outing)
Yes, you are right PrincessofEurope. Today's hat supposed to go with the outfit that she wore at 2009 Trooping the Colour which she made first outing at 2006 Ascot. Today's outfit was worn at 2003 Ascot with a different bigger hat. The Countess just mixed it up little bit but it turned out greatly though, I think.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

MAybe the outfits is mixed of some old but suits her very well.She and adorable Lady Louise is stunning

trooping the colour, horse guards parade, london, britain - 11 jun 2011 - Rex Features - 20311580-049 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie
Photo from Getty Images
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...ty-Images-News

She wore the same headpiece in 2009 - Order of The Garter Service
I just found a picture

Sophie Pictures - Royals Attend Order of The Garter Service - Zimbio
Sophie Pictures - Royals Attend Order of The Garter Service - Zimbio

Very pretty hat :)
trooping the colour, horse guards parade, london, britain - 11 jun 2011 - Rex Features - 20311596-017 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie
Old 06-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's good that Sophie recycles old outfits. Good use of her funding!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I liked the hat Sophie wore today. The color was really pretty.

Closed Thread