Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2003 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Her Majesty The Queen recycled the white evening dress during the State Banquet at Buckingham Palace. I remember she wore this one during the banquet at the Elysee Palace during her State Visit to France in 2004.

I think Her Majesty The Queen recycled the white evening dress during the State Banquet at Buckingham Palace. I remember she wore this one during the banquet at the Elysee Palace during her State Visit to France in 2004.
Yes you are right, it is the one that for the French State Visit. And i remember HM worn it again when the French President Chirac visited Windsor later that year.

Thank you for saying that. I really can not believe that those who help The Queen dress up for an evening occasion, that they do not know that The Queen wore it in Paris and again at Windsor Castle for the Entente Cordiale Dinner. That is a bit of a sin. But at Windsor, the real focus lay not on the dress, but on the rarely seen emerald Godman necklace.

Perhaps it's a personal favorite? She seems to wear white for formal occasions quite a bit. I guess, it's a neutral foil for the jewels? Though I'd think that for example she was going to wear the recently trotted out Aquamarines, that a dress of carribean blue would be more complementary, but maybe that's just me. I like color co-ordinated!

The Queen never disappoints stylewise. This outfit was an excellent choice.

Wow! The Queen looked really lovely at the Maundy Thursday service. That robin's-egg blue shade is gorgeous, and I love how it is set off by the black trim. The hat and coat are just perfect, IMO.

The Queen again opted for the coat she first wore for the Commonwealth Observance, perhaps too quick the same outfit, March-April, it is only a month, but I like her in this pale blue!

great hat. not sure about the all black accessories.:ermm:

During the visit to the Guards Polo Club, I noticed that The Queen chose another 'old' outfit from the 2002 Golden Jubilee tours. I think she wore the pale yellow outfit and matching hat during a day in Wales now seven years ago. Bless her and her good choice of clothes and jewellery!

HM always chooses very elegant outfits and never dissapoints me:)
A true Queen :crown4::flowers:

:previous:

I agree :flowers: A very nice colour IMO which suits HM well and fits perfectly to the pearls :)

HM's handbags

See the attached pictures. HM appears to be carrying the same handbag when she met President Nixon(mid 1970s) and Bill Clinton (1990s). Could it be a case of sticking to a few timeless designs and having them remade whenever one needed a new handbag, or is this yet another example of HMs legendary frugality? Either way, amazing, IMO!

:previous:
I think HM has had the same bag for years, but a classic black suits all of her outfits. :flowers:

I do not like the new outfit The Queen ordered and worn already twice: the green coat and flower dress for the first day of Holyrood Week with the Princess Royal; and worn again on one of the summer Garden Parties. I do not like the front.

See the attached pictures. HM appears to be carrying the same handbag when she met President Nixon(mid 1970s) and Bill Clinton (1990s). Could it be a case of sticking to a few timeless designs and having them remade whenever one needed a new handbag, or is this yet another example of HMs legendary frugality? Either way, amazing, IMO!

I think this is typical of the Queen's personal tastes - once she has found a design she likes, it becomes familiar to her and she sticks to it. So the bag seen in the 1970's may indeed have been either remade and mended or replaced with one exactly the same. It's the same with the hat she wears at the annual Cenotaph remeberance service - for years she wore exacty the same hat, whic I hink was replaced a few years ago with a slightly new style,w hcih in turn hasbeen worn ever since. She's traditional in her approach and changes in her style will only occur gradually over a number of years!

I think all of HM's hats look lovely but I particularly like the purple one that was worn with a shocking pink coat. Anyone could spot her a mile off in that outfit!:)

From one of my many books. Here shows the Queen and the Duke having some refreshments from a coconut. They were on one of there South Pacific Island tours near New Zealand. The Queen almost looks like she wants to hurl after having a sip and the Duke looks amused at her. Notice how fomal she is to the Dukes laid back look.

Tried to lighten the first picture as it has bad lighting. You can make out the Queen mother in the background looking on. The lady behind the Queen with her back turned, is unknown. It is a very rare picture of the Queen relaxing with her family.

No words can describe how the Queen is feeling at the races.

:previous: Very amusing pictures. Thanks for posting them Sasha3. It shows the human side of Her Majesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom