Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2003 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks,Kwan for pictures, im really adores of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Source: Getty Images)
2006 Royal Ascot

July 6, 2006-Opening the Royal Scots' Dragoon Guards' Museum

Source: Getty Images
June 18, 2006-Queen's Cup Polo Final

March 12, 2006-Arrival in Canberra, Australia

Wow! Good work Kwanfan! Thank you very much... and I heard, that Elizabeth II never recycles her clothes :D

June 12, 2006-Reception for the 350th anniversary of the Grenadier Guards

March 12, 2006-Visit to Singapore

June 3, 2006-Epsom Derby

June 17, 2006-Trooping the Colour

mims111 said:
Wow! Good work Kwanfan! Thank you very much... and I heard, that Elizabeth II never recycles her clothes :D
There are only a few of HM's outfits, she has not worn again yet but many of them she has worn over and over.

It would be good to know who are the designers of Queen's clothes.

I know that this thread concern the Queen Elisbeth's recycling clothes, but do yo know if the Duchess of Corwall is recycloing her clothes as her mother in law ?

adelaide said:
I know that this thread concern the Queen Elisbeth's recycling clothes, but do yo know if the Duchess of Corwall is recycloing her clothes as her mother in law ?

She recycles on a regular basis .

This sounds odd, but I think HM looks better in the darker shades of the pale colours. A deep purple rather than a pastel lilace, for example.

But I wonder if because she has worn such colours for so long, people expect it of "the old lady". I read an article once where many women over 60 wear pastels to brighten up their faces (ie look younger) but that really does not work for everyone---especially HM QEII.

She is a strong woman, she should dress like it.

Salomé said:
It would be good to know who are the designers of Queen's clothes.

It certainly would. Can any of the local fashion experts help out here?

Elspeth said:
It certainly would. Can any of the local fashion experts help out here?

Royal Insight Mailbox

Will you please tell me who designs The Queen's dresses and hats? Does she ever use American or lesser known designers for her wardrobe?
The Queen always wears clothes by British designers. She is currently wearing clothes by Stewart Parvin, Peter Erione and Karl Ludwig Rehse, who are all based in London. Her hats are designed by Philip Somerville and Marie O'Regan. She also wears outfits designed by her in-house team. The Queen talks her ideas through with her Personal Assistant, Miss Angela Kelly, then sketches of the designs are produced which are shown to Her Majesty along with samples of material for her to choose from. Clothes are then made up by The Queen's Dressmakers.

Thank you, Janet! I must say I think the Queen is looking better these days than she has for a long time, in her day outfits anyway. Not too sure about her evening wear, though - some of it has been looking very uninspired.

Last edited:
Karl Ludwig Rehse is originally from Essen, Germany although like Karl Lagerfeld he seems to make his home outside his native Germany.

Suonymona said:
This sounds odd, but I think HM looks better in the darker shades of the pale colours. A deep purple rather than a pastel lilace, for example.

Well I think she looked better in the jewel colors when her hair was still dark but now that her hair is a nice pearly grey the jewel tones tend to wash her out and she looks best in the color range between the pastels and the jewel tones.

ysbel said:
Well I think she looked better in the jewel colors when her hair was still dark but now that her hair is a nice pearly grey the jewel tones tend to wash her out and she looks best in the color range between the pastels and the jewel tones.
Really? I loved how she looked in the vibrant 'lily pulitzer'-y colors she wore on the recent American Visit. Sorry, but I think she lookes pale in the grey/pearl/oyster white she wears a lot now that her hair is silver. Also,being a jewelry watcher,I like a contrasting color for the sparkles! I also love her in deep hyacinth type purples and blues. That color really brings out her eyes.

scooter said:
Really? I loved how she looked in the vibrant 'lily pulitzer'-y colors she wore on the recent American Visit. Sorry, but I think she lookes pale in the grey/pearl/oyster white she wears a lot now that her hair is silver. Also,being a jewelry watcher,I like a contrasting color for the sparkles! I also love her in deep hyacinth type purples and blues. That color really brings out her eyes.

You're right the jewel tones do bring out her eyes but her skin has lost a bit of color from her younger days.

The grey/pearl/oyster is too light for her complexion but a medium soft fuchsia really brings her now more delicate coloring out more.

Yes those pink/peach/fushia colors bring up the pink in her cheeks. My real favorite is that shade of cornflower/periwinkle that really accentuates her eye color.

I found this old photo of Queen Elizabeth II looking fierce from one of my favorite sites ONTD.

Notice the cut of the coat. It's very similar to this season's style. Love, love her white knee high boots... Hello! Can we say amazing.

I found this old photo of Queen Elizabeth II looking fierce from one of my favorite sites ONTD.

Notice the cut of the coat. It's very similar to this season's style. Love, love her white knee high boots... Hello! Can we say amazing.

OMG, the pic must be from the early 70's. My mother wore a pair for their 25th wedding anniversary party. She loved them! :wub:

OMG, the pic must be from the early 70's. My mother wore a pair for their 25th wedding anniversary party. She loved them! :wub:

How odd to see the Queen wearing those white boots (although I think they're fetching on her). I wish she'd get away from the sensible shoes, but I understand now that I'm getting older. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom