The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Majesty

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's look is simple and elegant. The fuchsia colour became her well.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa at the Monarchs Jubilee lunch at Windsor Castle on May 18, wearing a pink dress and coat.

The colour is great, the cut is fine for her, nevertheless she reminds me a bit of a pink fruit bonbon

** Full view **
I understand what you mean She is still very cute!

Old 05-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

GD Henri certainly wouldn't have had to worry about losing his wife in the crowd.

I don't hate it but I dislike the shiny factor.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I rather like Maria Teresa's ensemble.
The dress and the coat are nice, and I love the shoes and the clutch.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Nobility

I think that Maria Teresa is overdressed compared to the other women at the luncheon.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love the color, but the fabric is indeed a bit too shiny. Is it Natan?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Courtier

The colour is nice but I hate that shiny fabric.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
I think that Maria Teresa is overdressed compared to the other women at the luncheon.
i don't think so. MT's is an appropriate outfit (although a bit too shiny for a daytime event) for the event.
Protocolarly, traditional dress is the most "formal" type of dress, so the ladies who came in traditional dresses are in theory, more overdressed than MT, yet they seem completely appropriate for the event.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i don't think so. MT's is an appropriate outfit (although a bit too shiny for a daytime event) for the event.
Protocolarly, traditional dress is the most "formal" type of dress, so the ladies who came in traditional dresses are in theory, more overdressed than MT, yet they seem completely appropriate for the event.
The ladies who had choosen to wear traditional dresses are not at all overdressed, since they wore traditional attires, so they follow their countries's protocol not the european protocal which says theorically that long gowns are for evening. Lalla Meryem of Morocco had worn a soft day caftan, and for moroccans caftans are not only evening dresses, they wear that also for day receptions. It's the fabric and the work which makes the diffrence between day and and evening caftans.

Imo, The GDuchess was not overdressed, she was on a reception of the Queen after all, not on a tea party with friends, but the shiny fabric combinared with that strong color doesn't help with MT's figure.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa at the Monarchs Jubilee lunch at Windsor Castle on May 18, wearing a pink dress and coat.

The colour is great, the cut is fine for her, nevertheless she reminds me a bit of a pink fruit bonbon

** Full view **
This is repeat outfit that I posted in the Most Terrible thead and I commented that she looks like a Pepto Bismol bottle! Guess she will never learn!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the outfit! She pulls that color off very well!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I commented that she looks like a Pepto Bismol bottle! Guess she will never learn!
I had to look that up, I've never heard about that speciality before

For the evening event Maria Teresa has chosen a nice glittering dress:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **
Old 05-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Gorgeous dress, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it before somewhere as well (though not necessarily on the Grand Duchess).
It's definitely Elie Saab from this year's collection.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Courtier

The evening gown is way better, I like it, it looks like Elie Saab's style.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It is indeed Elie Saab. And the reason it looked so familiar to me is because Katy Perry wore it for Grammy Awards.
- The dress as seen on the runaway and as worn by Katy Perry
Old 05-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Majesty

She looks wonderful! One of her best looks!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
It is indeed Elie Saab. And the reason it looked so familiar to me is because Katy Perry wore it for Grammy Awards.
- The dress as seen on the runaway and as worn by Katy Perry
It reminded me also of the Elie Saab's dress worn by Bérénice Béjot for the oscars. It was not exacly the same, but it's the same color and style.
Bérénice Bejo arrive aux Oscars, le 26 février 2012 à Los Angeles.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

The color is fantastic on MT and the jewels she choose are great. Nice to see her in something fitted, quite a few of the boxy outfits she's worn lately make her look bigger than what she is. And she looks like she's dropped a few pounds! Yeah MT, keep it up.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Grand Duchess looks so beautiful! I love the color of the dress.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
GD Henri certainly wouldn't have had to worry about losing his wife in the crowd.

I don't hate it but I dislike the shiny factor.
I have been looking at her dress for a while in several pictures and was trying to figure out what was odd about it, and now I see it is soooo shiny! quite distracting!

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Closed Thread

Tags
countess stephanie de lannoy, countess stephanie de lannoy fashion, fashion, grand duchess maria teresa, maria teresa, princess alexandra of luxembourg, stephanie de lannoy, stephanie de lannoy fashion, style