Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 9: February 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The chain looks like a dog collar or leash! Other than that, love the look.

I have to agree. I love the dress and Marie looks very pretty. Certainly one of her best looks ever. I still hope she will wear at least once the dark blue velvet dress from the official pics of the DRF for the Danish New Year Courts. That was her best look ever IMO.

I don't like this choice at all. The dress is too summery and doesn't suit her at all. It's also not appropriate for the chain, which is too heavy for the top fabric. The shoes are too casual.

Princess Marie looks absolutely gorgeous but the dress is more a summer dress to me. In addition, the top part of the dress (chiffon or tulle material) is not a good fit for the chain of the Order of the Elephant.

I don't like this choice at all. The dress is too summery and doesn't suit her at all. It's also not appropriate for the chain, which is too heavy for the top fabric. The shoes are too casual.
I think you have the right of it. This is really a summer gown and not formal enough for a Command Performance, so to speak. The Order of the Elephant was way too heavy and the dress really needed a wrap, cape or coat.

Mary wore a pink chiffon one year but teamed it with a black velved waist length jacket and it looked superb. Perhaps if Marie had added a little fur or velvet it would have lifted it into a proper New Year Gala gown.

I agree she need a cape , wrap or coat1 wasn't she cold! my goodness is winter in Denmark! with snow and all that and she come with a summer dress! how does she do it?

Princess Marie at the inauguration of a new wing at a hospital in Aabenraa on January 12, wearing a dark dress and a blue cardigan:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Marie presented the "Prix littéraire des Ambassadeurs" in Copenhagen on January 14. From what can be seen I like the blouse and her hair, but the jacket and pants look a bit mismatched to me:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Back view **

very mismatched outfit indeed,the blouse looks nice as the pants and shoes but the pieces all together does not work Imo.

Last edited:
I don't care for anything about this outfit. The colors don't match, the pants are too short, and her hair isn't styled. A big miss in my book...

Her"style"IMO is always very dull and I am sure that it is difficult to be in her position No 2 as it were, to not outshine Mary BUT she would have tons of help and loads of people to do the foot work to find some interesting designers.
She always looks under done and the little number is another example.
I would wear this and I am not a Princess in case you wondered. It is something I would wear to work .. dull boring ... get help and shape up .. my advise.

The pants are horrible and reminded Stephanie of Luxembourg's pants. Hair is casual, but it's ok.

I don't think Marie's style is poor, at many occasions her choice of clothes was rather sophisticated and fine.

Marie's latest outfit is a bit odd and I agree that it looks a little missmatched, and that the trousers are too short. I feel that the colours should work well together but there's something about them that just doesn't do it for me.

In general I think Marie's style is alright. I actually don't mind a lot of her choices and like Lenora, I have thought her outfits are quite sophisticated and professional on a few occassions. Marie's style can be a bit bland however, but she just seems to like those sorts of outfits. Different people have different preferences when it comes to outfits; and I guess this is Marie's preference. I think HGD Stephanie has a similar outfit preference (I'm not saying all their outfits are bland), whereas Queen Maxima seems to prefer the "go big or go home" style.

Last edited:

Princess Marie at a conference in Copenhagen on January 28, another typical Marie look:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Indeed a typical Marie look and it's quite nice and ideal for winter. I like the high boots on her. This would've been a nicer look if the jacket/cardigan was left unbuttoned and a long necklace was worn.

someting is off with the skirt,maybe it's litte too short.
overll look is lovely and indeed very Princess Marie.

Marie looks great and her outfit really suits her. It seems different from her usual outfit choice, but perhaps that's just me.

Another typical Marie look and as usual, something is a little off. I think it is the short skirt with the bulky looking top half that is throwing it off. Marie is such a pretty princess, but still hasn't mastered the art of styling.

The jacket is awful in my opinion.

The jacket is awful in my opinion.
I don't think it's too bad. But this outfit doesn't work at all. No-turtleneck. Or if she was really cold, a scarf to hide the turtleneck. (Turtlenecks only work with sleeker clothing). A simple black pencil skirt might look better, or pants that is more defined in the upper front.

Not horrible but not to my taste :)

Not liking either. Marie is so pretty.

The jacket reminds me of an optical illusion! I'm not a huge fan the jacket at all. I don't have a problem with the turtle neck, but it's just OK. Her trousers and hair are nice, though.

Marie has the oddest taste in clothing. She's such a pretty little princess, but sadly doesn't dress the part. She needs some expert help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom