The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Courtier

It's a fashion forum. If people don't like an item of clothing they are entitled to say so, just as if they do like something. But hey, whatever...

Old 05-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Majesty

As noted by other TRF members, opinions about Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie often oscillate between "better than the previous one" or "needs a stylist as soon as possible".

Old 05-21-2015, 09:58 PM
Majesty

Nicely put and very accurate. Which leads me to the conclusion that Stephanie is not a fashionista, but her calm and serene aura makes most of us a little more gentle with her than with some other noted royal fashion icons.

Somehow Stephanie has managed to convince us by her actions that fashion is not high on her agenda, but people are. That's not to say that when she gets the occasional silver star we don't all go wahoo!
Old 05-22-2015, 09:08 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think any of the royal women are fashion icons. They have jobs to do and I like seeing them dressed well to do them. As far as Stephanie is concerned it has been obvious from the beginning she has no idea how to dress or what style suits her. I think that the thinking is , they are royal with all the resources to look amazing in their roles.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Aristocracy

Honestly, I love her style. It's not attention-grabbing. It's proper, it's modest, it's elegant. I'm sure she does know that being a royal (most esp. because she's hereditary Grand Duchess) is equated to gorgeous sense of style in outfit.. but she chose to be Stéphanie because she's most comfortable being herself.

Find yourself and be yourself; imitation is suicide.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Stephanie's latest outfit is nice, I love her top in particular. Her trousers are alright, though they're a little on the frumpy side.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

xx

mslewis I think it is odd that in a fashion thread, as mentioned above ,you feel that fashion should not be commented on .... have I missed something here ??? She doesn't know this exists you say ... I am not sure this thread has that in mind ... each post is just in someones opinion that's all ... that she is a nice person well that is subjective statement IMO but fashion is different for everyone and it is nice to read the opinion of others .. that's all this is IMO
Old 05-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Aristocracy

Well isn't mslewis just saying her opinions, too? : ) And I absolutely agree with her points, however, like what you said, this is a fashion thread where people are free to say whatever they want to say. Anyway, back to topic...

I wonder what people in Luxembourg say about her outfits. Are they critical? or are they neutral?

Stéphanie isn't willowy and I think she's aware of this .. so I presume this may be one of the reasons why she dresses that way. I know she could be more creative and fashionable in dressing but she doesn't want to experiment.

It's also good to see her wearing flats. Tho' photogenic, heels are somehow dangerous and for the wearer... very,very painful (especially if the wearer's heavy).

P.S. Ohh, after seeing some Elle Saab's dresses, I immediately have the wish of being one of Stéphanie's "stylists" absolutely for free if this is possible (-_-)
Old 05-22-2015, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Possibly but I think I have spoken out of turn here and so best back to fashion discussion IMO ... as you say!!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:10 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think it has anything to do with her being willowy not many of the princesses are. I think for me it's the fact that while she may look appropriate she dresses too old for her age and this makes her look frumpy. As many of us have said she also seems to not know what a tailor is and the fit is off on almost everything she wears.
I think that the people in the royals countries probably could care less what they wear as long as they do their job. I think we on these boards care and have more of an opinion.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy

Now I see, yeh, it's not in being willowy. Slender or not, if they know how to dress well, they'll look great.
Thanks for that info about people living in monarchy countries (except ones who are fans of this subforum in particular) not being critical of their royals' clothing preferences/style. Good for Stéphanie, but for people here who long to see her dress for her age, you have to wait for her to finally lose her clothing preference. From what I could see, she feels comfortable of clothes that don't show much skin (long sleeves, pants/long skirts) and in my opinion, I love it and praise her for that. Yes, she doesn't know about having her clothes edited to match her shape well (& color-coordinate), and it is an eyesore for most people here but well, there's nothing you all could do except wait.

That lack of criticism she hears about her style is a factor why she sticks to her preference. Her people looks beyond her physical aspect, as well as her family and most especially her husband. Mentioning this, I think Guillaume is not the kind of hubby who fusses over what his wife wears (and I find this lovely). If he is the type that cares about how Stéphanie looks, we could have already seen a major change in her style by this time... but no, not yet... Anyway, what does he know about what's in and what's not?
Old 05-25-2015, 02:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
mslewis I think it is odd that in a fashion thread, as mentioned above ,you feel that fashion should not be commented on .... have I missed something here ??? She doesn't know this exists you say ... I am not sure this thread has that in mind ... each post is just in someones opinion that's all ... that she is a nice person well that is subjective statement IMO but fashion is different for everyone and it is nice to read the opinion of others .. that's all this is IMO
No, you most certainly did not miss something.

For the life of me I cannot understand why people feel the need to come on a fashion thread and take a fellow member to task for . . . wait for it . . . critiquing their fashion. It seems to me that some are unable to separate a negative comment on an ensemble and read it as a personal attack on the wearer.

Don't get me wrong, there are certainly times that the subjects of these threads commit a fashion faux pas or have a totally predictable wardrobe malfunction, and the response is negative and lead to an "OMG, what was she thinking" mini-avalanche. But the only thing questioned is their fashion choices.

Stephanie is one of the lucky ones because while her fashion is hit and miss, her sincerity always factors in.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:24 AM
Administrator

Time to close this thread! Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here.

Tags
hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style, princess stéphanie's daytime outfits, princess stéphanie's evening gowns, princess stéphanie's fashion & style, royal fashion