The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Royal Highness

Felix's and Nikolai's suits are really nice(I also like their coats and scarfs) and little Henrik "opted" for some retro look, just like his mommy. Cute

Old 04-17-2011, 04:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
The christening gowns look different than last time, as the was only one gown/one baby. The boy gown looks the same but not the girl gown. Any information on the gowns?

The Christening Robes

The christening robe worn by the little Prince
The christening robe was made for the christening of Prince Christian, later to become Christian X, in Christiansborg Palace Chapel in 1870. The christening robe was made of Brussels lace, which the mother of Christian X, Queen Lovisa, had bought in Belgium. The special feature of this delicate, very costly lace is that it can be produced in very large pieces and not just as relatively narrow strips: the individual, decorative lace motifs are made separately and subsequently appliquéd to the large, simple ground of lace.

The lower edge of the christening robe carries little scallops, and the bottom border is covered in tiny flowers and leaves. The rest of the lace features small flowers sprinkled more sparsely. The bodice is a yoke made of the densely-patterned, scalloped lace. The ribbon to be tied around the waist and the ribbons at the neck and the puff sleeves are of egg-shell coloured silk, as is the petticoat of the christening robe.

The bonnet
The christening bonnet features a more densely patterned lace than the christening robe, with slightly larger motifs. They consist of leaves, flowers and vines interspersed with decorative fancy stitches. The shape of the bonnet is made up of broad lace bands that are gathered into a closed crown at the back of the neck. A plain satin ribbon along the lower edge of the bonnet is used to tie it under the chin.

Together with the christening robe there are a train, a silk ribbon to be tied around the waist, a cushion case, a bib as well as a fine organza apron.
The following Royal Children have been baptised in this christening robe: Christian X, Prince Carl (from 1905 King Haakon VII of Norway), Prince Harald, Prince Gustav, Princess Louise, Princess Thyra, Princess Dagmar, Frederik IX, Prince Knud (Heir Presumptive to the Throne), Queen Margrethe, Princess Benedikte, Queen Anne-Marie, Princess Elisabeth, Count Ingolf of Rosenborg, Count Christian of Rosenborg, Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Joachim, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella.

The christening robe worn by the little Princess
The christening robe and the bonnet belonged to Queen Ingrid. They were discovered by Her Majesty Queen Margrethe during a review of objects which had been packed away since the death of Queen Ingrid.It is unrecorded how it came into the possession of Queen Ingrid. It is assumed that the christening robe was presented to Queen Ingrid as a gift on the occasion of the birth of Princess Margrethe. This view is shared by a textile conservator at Rosenborg Castle, who dates the textiles, lace and fine needlework of the christening robe to the year 1940. The robe has never been used before.

The christening robe is made of white cotton batiste with horizontal rows of lace insertions on the entire front of the robe. The lace insertions are separated from each other by rows of tiny pleats, known as pin tucks, made in the fabric of the robe.
For the christening of the twins, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess have had minor changes made to the robe. Among other things, delicate old lace from Her Majesty The Queen’s personal collection has been used for the matching new petticoat and top fabric of the lower part of the robe.

The bonnet
The bonnet and the christening robe do not belong together. The cut of the bonnet is simple and made of very delicate, almost transparent material. It may be a matter of what is known as "nældedug", originally produced from nettles.

The lace on the bonnet is Tønder lace: a broad Danmarks Store Hjerte (Big Heart of Denmark) is used as a lace insertion with straight sides, which is considered unusual. Along the edge of the bonnet, there is a narrow lace trim, a narrow Danmarks Lille Hjerte (Little Heart of Denmark). Queen Alexandrine was presented with Danmarks Store Hjerte as a gift on the occasion of the reunion of North Slesvig with Denmark in 1920. Subsequently, this lace was used on the train of Her Majesty The Queen’s wedding gown at the wedding in 1967. The same kind of lace was used most recently by Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary at the wedding in 2004. The Crown Princess’s handkerchief was trimmed with lace made especially for the occasion.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Nobility

Henrik looked especially cute and Isabella as well. I liked how she played with her dress when she was bored

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 04-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Danish kids were all lovely dressed up at the christening. Isabella looked totally adorable!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Aristocracy

I noticed that Prince Christian had a "job" to do: he held the christening bonnets while Princess Josephine was baptized. If you watch closely, when The Crown Prince took Prince Vincent's off, he handed it to his wife; when it was Princess Josephine's turn, The Crown Princess handed both the bonnets to Prince Christian. That was good thinking - give the "big brother" something important to do. Way to go, Mom and Dad.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I must say Isabella was in the most cutest dress I have every seen her in yet, I loved the color which was very girly & the embellishments on the neck was really nice. All the boys look very smart.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Leonor & Sofia

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4
Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Leonor & Sofia

They looks really nice in those summery floral print dresses with cardigans. Im so glad they are in different dresses. I love how one is in a big floral print and the other is in a small print.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Lovely! I really like the floral dresses and Sofia's cardi. Leonora's outfit matches perfectly with her daddy's outfit here.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Courtier

Very nice dresses. They look very pretty.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Leonor and Sofia look lovely in their cute flower dresses. Queen Sofia, Letizia, Leonor and Sofia had all flowers in their outfits.
Daylife
Old 04-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Aristocracy

I love their cute dresses too In general I like how Letizia dresses her girls. They are always in pretty, girly, polished clothes, with their hair nicely done.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Again Leonor and Sofia are dressed beautifully for the spring - such lovely dresses and also nice to see them being dressed in different ones. Super cute shoes as well. Letizia mixes the modern with traditional element when dressing the girls

Old 04-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Leonor & Sofia

The 3 is sweet...
Girls look wonderful. Not in the same dresses but only similar.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Royal Highness

I think Pic 2 and Pic 3 are my favorites! What sweet little girls. I like that they are not in matching dresses.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Adorable!!

Quote:
Leonor & Sofia

Thumbs up! Love the dresses, and Sofia's dark purple sweater. Glad to see that they are not wearing the same outfits for once!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Nobility

Beautiful outfits I'm happy they don't always have to wear the same.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 04-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Leonor & Sofia

They are probably the cutest royal children I've ever seen and some of the best dressed. I like their flower dresses a lot, very girlish. Both look really sweet.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

May 9, 2011 - Princess Alexandra of Hanover in beige pants, black top and sandals.

Close up ** Full View
Old 05-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Alexandra is very tall and getting prettier by the minute. She had a phase when she wasn´t so cute. I love her outfit.
The two infantitas are always smartly dressed and very well-groomed.