Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 4: December 2017 - September 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do Women think they have some kind of 'right' to 'make over' their Men like this...?

I don't think it's women think they have the right to make over men. But in general, women seem to have more of an interest in clothing than men (with exceptions of course). And really, no one is forcing them to. The men can wear something else if they don't like it. However, I do know a few guys that were more than happy to hand over the shopping to their girlfriends/wives once they were in a relationship.:lol:

And really, Harry's clothes have improved. I'm glad to see his navy suit is finally getting a break.

Because we can.

Thank you for your disarming frankness..

MANY Women I know 'make over their Men' by stealth.. throwing away items of his clothing bit by bit [un-noticed] , until NOTHING remains except what THEY consider suitable. or have purchased FOR him.

Why do Women think they have some kind of 'right' to 'make over' their Men like this...?

Perhaps Harry enjoys putting more effort into how he dresses with a fashionable fiancé by his side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rather enjoy Harry's more GQ look. He looks less messy. That said, I don't think his style has overall changed. He is just a bit more put together and you can tell Meghan as suggested things like that sweater. They coordinate a lot I notice too. Not too matchy but just enough to blend together.

Most (hetero) men seem to be happy enough to let them.

LaRae

Indeed, Harry does seem to be expanding his wardrobe and I will be the first to say that wearing one of his ubiquitous blue suits minus a tie does not qualify as "casual" dress. His jumper looked a whole lot better over a shirt with no tie,

He also seems to have invested in more coats which is also common sense as, if you are going to be outside you may as well be warm. Doing away with the suit made him look much more approachable and gave an altogether more relaxed vibe.

Look, anytime Harry or Wills buys something new and NOT BLUE I fall to my knees with gratitude. Olive. He was wearing olive and was not on active duty. And a grey sweater. And grey chukkas (how great was that - styling the chukkas with the sweater). I don't care if he is just getting stuff to impress her or she is influencing him. It does not matter to me. It matters that he is wearing more than 3 shirts in rotation and one same old suit. :winkiss:

Because we can.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Love the response because it is so true! I did it with my husband when we first got together. Why? Because I could.

Look, anytime Harry or Wills buys something new and NOT BLUE I fall to my knees with gratitude. Olive. He was wearing olive and was not on active duty. And a grey sweater. And grey chukkas (how great was that - styling the chukkas with the sweater). I don't care if he is just getting stuff to impress her or she is influencing him. It does not matter to me. It matters that he is wearing more than 3 shirts in rotation and one same old suit. :winkiss:
OMG THIS! Harry looks stylish, and far more approachable. I wonder if Meghan can give some hints to Kate to help out William...

It’s happened. The #MeghanMarkle effect has hit... #PrinceHarry! His coat today was from @ClubMonaco. It’s still available at Wool Topcoat

Wow not usually one to comment on men's fashion, find it boring, but he looked great. Yes, happy to not see his blue suit. The two both looked great professional but with a casual touch to it.

Harry looked happy, comfortable and well-turned out. He remains lean too, which is good to see. I liked his coat and jumper, (not blue!) but of course he knew the focus of the day was on his fiancee and her clothes and hair. Sensible man!

:previous: Very nice indeed. We have come a long way since we were cringing at what he was wearing alongside his wife! ;)

Yes, very very sharp, Frederik. Well done! Not as flamboyant a dresser as his father of course and probably never will be, but he has his own style and has a great taste in suits I think.

:previous: He is Haakon and for that there is no known cure. ?

I think we can safely put this under male fashion: https://www.mx.dk/underholdning/ken...rce=bt.dk&utm_campaign=pos_1&utm_medium=front

Williams hairstyle.
And I think it's right and good that he has his hair so short now.
If you are balding, it's better to go as short as possible, because it ain't getting better.
There are few things as sad and ridiculous as a middle aged man with a comb-over (I think it's called in English).

Now William can wash and comb his hair at the same time with with two swipes with a sponge. :D

So his new hairstyle gets a :cool: from me.

Last edited:
One thing William will definitely have to do with this new hairstyle is either constantly wear a hat in the hot sun or use sunscreen all over his head. The scalp tends to burn easily.

I like the new look myself. :D

:previous: Looks like it.

Perhaps his shoes are going crocodile on him? :D

It happens with faithful and beloved shoes. After a decade or so the point of the shoes tend to divorce. Meaning that the sole and the toe-bit of the shoes go in opposite directions, ending up resembling a yawning crocodile.

Of curse, just because one's shoes are parting a little bit, that's no reason to throw away perfectly good shoes...

Indeed, Haakon looked quite sharp from the shoes up, although I personally like more "definite" colour contrasts, so for me a deeper blue suit and a darker coat would have have been a sharper look.

As for William's new haircut - it is great! It's always a more handsome look when a guy with thinning or receding hair just goes for the full chop - cropped as closely as the babes would dare - it takes years off him!

Perhaps the blue cashmere sweater was a present from Meghan?

I also agree the shaven head look is much better than any other when you're bald, and that Haakon's shoes need to go to the Tip immediately! Maybe Haakon has very broad or otherwise difficult to fit feet and therefore once he's found a comfy pair of shoes that's it for the next twenty years?

One occupation of my American grandfather is a shoemaker. Should Grandfather pay a visit to Crown Prince Haakon and update his shoes?

. . . . . that Haakon's shoes need to go to the Tip immediately! Maybe Haakon has very broad or otherwise difficult to fit feet and therefore once he's found a comfy pair of shoes that's it for the next twenty years?
Prince Charles has shoes he's worn for thirty years but, they are always in excellent repair and polished well. He has them custom made which, for anyone who is going to be on their feet in situations like theirs, is a no-brainer.

:previous: Yep. :D

But the dark haired dude in the background of the second pic is a sharp dresser.
- Wonder what would happen if he collided with Haakon? Mutual annihilation perhaps?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom