Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her_Majesty said:
Thanks for that mims! Great work!
Her dresses are wonderful! I love her style!

I'm glad you like it ;) Thank you.
Also I love her style too :)

The dress cannot be a re-use of the one she wore in Canberra, because the fabric of that dress was a silk-satin, or a silk charmuese, neither of which are known for their ability to stretch. Unless there was significant alterations, with several yards of fabric added along the seaming, the dress is not the same. Also, the dress in Canberra had straps or sashes or something like that around the bodice, which this dress doesn't. However, I think we all loved that dress, and we all seem to love this dress, so I vote that Mary recycle both of them again!!!

Linda Hsu said:
Picture from Biledbladet

WOW! A very beautiful photo of Crown Princess Mary. She looks perfect!
thumbsup.gif

Link : http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=4728
progress.gif

Stunning!!!!!

the red dress from new year is so beautiful, perfect. i love the small baby belly.
the lila dress is ok. the cut is well but the collor isn't nice.
nevertheless, altogether very beautifully.

Tank you very much for your wonderful work mims111.

Mims111, great job!

And I have to say that the lavender/dark purple dress has grown on me. I like the whole blue bottom effect. Nice!

I think Mary looked wonderful at the past two events. The red gown was beautiful.

The last 2 dresses were great.

I really, REALLY loved that red dress she wore for this year's New Year's court. When you think of "princess", that's the look you think of. She looked like a princess straight out of the middle ages. I loved it.

Sister Morphine said:
I really, REALLY loved that red dress she wore for this year's New Year's court. When you think of "princess", that's the look you think of. She looked like a princess straight out of the middle ages. I loved it.

YESSSSS
She has a great sense of style, really personnal. IMO her style is not given by a stylist, it is really personnal...

mims111 said:
Well I don't know :ermm:
Here is collection of almost all her gowns (except two last gowns and dress wore in bulgaria). I hope you enjoy it: http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nepojmenovan1kt8.jpg

Wonderful work, thanks, very nice collection.

I've just noticed that she wears quite always "cold" colours, out of the red.
You do not see her in yellow, dark chocolate brown, or pink fuchsia, or orange.
Anyway she is very perfect.

I am missing the red gown from OZ, very striking off the shoulder model.;)
Anyway, great collection.

MIMS, I just saw your wonderful work! Thanks for this collection and the time consuming work!
Loved to see it!

I have to say I agree the burgundy gown is totally stunning I cannot imagine anything more lovely. The purple dree coat was very nice though I really didn't like the bottom two tone thing. I just think Mary's maternity look this time so far is better than the previous one.

I liked the coat-dress idea very much. A lighter coat and a darker dress peeking out actually slims down and makes for a great maternity outfit.
I even liked the dark and light lavender colour of the outfit.
However, what ruined it for me was the total mismatch of colour of the coat and border. Seems that colour was more blueish and didn't match neither her coat nor her dress. Too bad. (Any change it was my computer mixing up the colours and not Mary?)

I loved both of mary's dresses over new year. The coat was a great idea as it was probably very cold and personally i think that the colours worked really well together! Also, the fit of the velvet dress was stunning yet simple.

Mary is one of the best for her gala dresses. is it just me or do the danish have more reagl and fuller gala dresses with longer trains than most of their counterparts.
One word for mary's dresses - elegant

Thanks Mims for the lovely pictures, you can definitely see a great improvement in style, from the prewedding gowns and he gowns of the last 2 years. For instance the green gown she wore at one of her post engagement events with the beehive hair and black and white pearls, was worn later at the private party to Carl Gustav's birthday, when she came with Prince Henrcik, a fabulous improvement! Now she has almost no fashion mistakes

Mary is a very stylish Princess. Thumbs up for the red dress. Very beautiful.

Princess Mary attending King Harald's birthday Gala, wearing a simple, black dress:
Mary's dress

I don't like this dress on Mary. :ermm: IMO it doesn't suit her at all.

Her_Majesty said:
Princess Mary attending King Harald's birthday Gala, wearing a simple, black dress:
Mary's dress

I don't like this dress on Mary. :ermm: IMO it doesn't suit her at all.
I thought it was elegent but not for the event & it didnt suit her well

The dress a little too plain but still nice.

I looks a nice dress but it doesn't look good at all good an Mary IMO

Rose1991 said:

I agree , its doesn't look good on her , it looks to big . could be just the photograph's arent doing it Justice's.

Rose1991 said:
Agree, it looks "foreign" on her I do not like.
And I do not like the black colour on her neither

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom