Crown Princess Mary's Accessories: January 2004 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody agree with me that CP Mary would quite suit wearing glasses? That is not to say that she does not look beautiful without, but sometimes I'll look at a picture and it just strikes me that they'd suit - take this one for example (and just as an aside, I think her make-up here is stunning).

Maybe I'm particularly partial to glasses as I wear them - figured I had to do something about my sight so I may as well turn them into an accessory rather than just something I wear everyday, if you know what I mean...

This is another picture which I had the same thought for, again, its another recent one.

This is an older picture, from Germany. (Please tell if that link doesnt work - I've had problems with that kind before)

Last edited by a moderator:
She would look nice either way. Some time ago I saw an old excerpt of Mary wearing glasses; it was an Australian advert or something. I'll see if I can find the link again.

:)

I think glasses could be quite an accessory on Mary---I also wear glasses (blind as a bat), and I think they accentuate my cheekbones a bit.

Thanks everyone - Her Majesty, those are almost exactly the shape I had been imagining!
I have some similar ones - mine are Versace and a sort of silver-metal colour. she truely has a great face for glasses - I'm jealous! :)

It's not a picture, it's a freeze frame shot from a commerical she did whilst in Austraila, and prior (I believe) to meeting Frederik.

The commerical, I believe, was for one of her employers at the time. They needed extras and put Mary in. She is just sitting there to fill up the seat. She was not trying to break into acting or modeling.

Why do you think those shoes would be uncomfortable RubyPrincess? Mary's worn them a few times now, I'd have thought if they were uncomfortable she wouldn't wear them :ermm:

Why do you think those shoes would be uncomfortable RubyPrincess? Mary's worn them a few times now, I'd have thought if they were uncomfortable she wouldn't wear them :ermm:

Something about the way they looked when she was squatting down in the Profile photo made me think those shoes looked painful. I didn't realize she has worn them before since I don't usually follow that kins of thing. I guess they would be somewhat comfortable if she's wearing them.

They do look painful and I am sure they are. But the thing is they look good! High heels are for princesses and most of them are wearing them - once they get older and will be Queens they will wear shoes with more moderate heels because their feet are probably damaged from attending countless events and standing around countless hours.

They do look painful and I am sure they are. But the thing is they look good! High heels are for princesses and most of them are wearing them - once they get older and will be Queens they will wear shoes with more moderate heels because their feet are probably damaged from attending countless events and standing around countless hours.

You're certainly right there - the heels do damage. Sarah jessica parker said in an interview that the Sex and the City heels have destroyed her knees, and my own grandmother has dreadful trouble with her feet (she's rather short, and always wore heels...) and she is positive that it was the heels that did it.

So to see Margrethe and Elizabeth in flats/near flats is IMO a very good thing. I sometimes wonder what Mary's heels are doing to her, but I guess most of the time she's not wearing them all day...

I thought I'd bump this thread up. Mary has many great bags, hats, scarves, shoes etc, but I think we lost this thread at some point.

Having a bit of a shoe fetish (it runs in my family) I would kill to raid Mary's collection! :wub:

Marmi, the trainer at my gym told me years ago that women who wear heels do not need to do calf exercises. Apparently those heels not only giver her legs a longer line but they save her some time in the gym.:)

Cat

Having a bit of a shoe fetish (it runs in my family) I would kill to raid Mary's collection! :wub:

Well Amen to that!!!! :flowers:

Marmi, the trainer at my gym told me years ago that women who wear heels do not need to do calf exercises. Apparently those heels not only giver her legs a longer line but they save her some time in the gym.:)

I'll bear that in mind, justify those heels next time I feel the need - although come to think of it I'll have to be careful of ice soon (we've had snow and hail the last few days), so maybe I'll show just a little restraint! ;)

YAY! A fellow shoe fetisher! :) If I buy another pair I'm going to have to add on to the house!

I keep forgetting it is winter in the lower hemisphere as we are in the full bloom of spring here. Don't go breaking your neck just to exercise your calves, though. There's always the gym.

Cat

There is - I'll be careful!! I have one friend who looks at my feet every time he sees me, just make sure he's seen the shoes before - I'm not wearing a new pair!

Coming back to Mary a bit though, do you have a fave pair of her shoes (or two or three!)?

All of them!:D I haven't seen her wear a pair yet that I wouldn't love to have (well maybe the sneakers/running shoes I could live without :)).

Cat

Princess Mary wearing new pink shoes

Shoes

I feel for her... those blisters look pretty painful! ;)

They are wonderful, but boy do I feel for her!

Princess Mary wearing new pink shoes

Shoes

I feel for her... those blisters look pretty painful! ;)
Owwwww!:eek: they do look painful. But how nice is it too see this pretty colour for summer, instead of black or brown or tan. CP Mary used to wear a pair of nice green coloured open toe shoes and i loved them. If someone knows the ones i mean, maybe they could post a picture. I can;t recall the brand but i do know that she wore them to a fashion event a few years back with jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom