Crown Princess Mary's Accessories: January 2004 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a clue as to how much this handbag/shoe set would set me back?? I love them..........

A small fortune I should say, but no sorry, I dont know more than that Odette

I would guess several several hundred dollars, etc. a piece. What I really love is her bracelet!!!:wub:

It is good she knows how to spend and look beautiful...........

Her purse is fantastic.

whose looking at the purse?!! look at those glasses!!!!!

20 Aug 2008 - Princess Mary and family at a local playground, Hobart, Australia.

Prada riding/tall boots

Those boots look great what I don't like is this tacky label flashing even on a children's playground. Yes Mary can wear what she wants but sporting these big ugly PRADA or CHANEL logos on boots, bags or sunglasses on occasions when less would be more, eg when spending time with her average-dressed relatives give her an unnecessary newly-rich touch. We know she can afford labels but no need to overdo and remind people all the time.

Honestly, what is Mary supposed to do about the labelling of shoes/bags/glasses? It's not her fault Prada decides to stick a great big "PRADA" logo on the side of everything. Mary's niece is wearing a pair of tracksuit pants which have "Piping Hot" printed down the side of a whole leg - is she to blame for that too? :rolleyes:

I don't think Mary is label flashing or wants to remind people of anything.
If you can afford those labels and if those labels are actually something normal for you, you don't take as much notice of them as we here do. For Mary those boots are probably old ones and nothing special.:)

Not much you can do about the label. Boots like these are meant to be worn uncovered and lets get it in perspective..they are only boots.

But really, what's in a label? We often see items of clothing and accessories worn and used by royals which are clearly designer, and although we can't necessarily identify these objects by labels, we can generally identify them by materials and designs.

To see a label is but conformation of something we already know and whilst I myself prefer such marque's to be appropriately hidden, I think its bound to happen from time to time, that labels will appear.

I don't see Mary as a chronic label-flasher. She can afford the best things, and it seems to me that she wears whatever she wears simply because she likes it, not because she is concerned with people knowing that she is wearing designer items. I highly doubt that she selected these boots simply because of the label.

I was wondering if Mary might buy or pass along some items to her sisters.

I know Princess Diana did that with her sisters.

But I suppose the next thing would be those criticizing it for one reason or the other.

Sorry, to harp on about labels...but are her sunglasses Prada, too? I thought they were the "butterfly" ones at first, but now I think not...they don't have that indent at the side and are rounder...Does anyone have a link to a catalogue photo for these? and the model name?...And at first I thought she looked good in them, but now I think they are too big and she shouldn't be a slave to fashion and wear what is "on trend"...instead she should wear what suits her, which is the rectangular wrap around sunglasses of last season that look so good on her...and that she has about 10 different pairs of...I hope it was a one off purchase and she hasn't replaced her whole sunglasses collection with these...that would be a mistake...

That is all :)

I think Mary would have been better off with the Prada butterfly sunglasses...the ones she is wearing are too round and cover her cheeks...the butterfly ones are more rectangular (which suits her) and interesting (the indent at the side)...Maybe we will see them next though :)

and she shouldn't be a slave to fashion...

Whatever happened to wearing something because you like it? This "slave to fashion" tag is entirely wrong.

Whatever happened to wearing something because you like it? This "slave to fashion" tag is entirely wrong.
Do I ever agree with you. People should wear what they like and whatever they care afford and not have to worry about it. I am guilty of spending more than I should on certain things and certain (relatives) people will have to comment. If I am a "slave to fashion" I certainly don't want to be set free!!! And, Mary, in her position, should never have to worry. Good for her.

OK just to clear up my "slave to fashion" comment...What I mean is you shouldn't feel the need to wear something (like oversized sunglasses) just because they are on trend and you like them...you should be discerning enough to wear what suits you despite the current trend...this is where personal preference gets in the way of good taste...and that is what I think of Mary's current Prada sunglasses (i was only ever talking about her sunglasses)...So a slave to fashion is someone who wears some current trend despite it being wrong for their body shape or face shape in this case...

OK now onto what I really wanted to post about...Where to next for FICM in Tasmania...Well, in 2005 they went on a river cruise near Strahan in north-west Tassie with family and Amber Petty, back when they had no kids and it was summer, then in early 2007 with Christian they went to the seaside towns on the east coast, like Swansea and the Freycinet Peninsula and it was summer...

So this time I think they will be heading to Tasmania's snowfields for only a few days because it is winter in Tasmania which means it is freezing and the possibility of snow..there are only two snowfields in Tasmania, Ben Lomond in the north, near Launceston and Mount Mawson, a short drive north west of Hobart...This is my prediction which might account for the 18 pieces of luggage (yes, I am still going on about this, I don't care, I am just interested in whose bags is whose and what was in them all ;) ) So their bags were full of big coats, snow goggles, snow boots, gloves, etc...I could be totally off because why come to a foreign country and play in the cold when you can do that back home in cold Denmark...but it is just a theory and a guess...

this is where personal preference gets in the way of good taste

But isn't personal preference a show of one's own taste? I'm pretty sure it is.

...and that is what I think of Mary's current Prada sunglasses

So one can only ever wear one type of sunglasses? I work in fashion and adamently believe Mary is no slave too it. She wears it, and wears it very well, but is hardly possessed by it so much that it's clouded her judgement on what looks good and what does not. I don't deny your opinion, I just don't agree with it respectively...;)

So this time I think they will be heading to Tasmania's snowfields

I thought the same thing. A possibility anyway.

Sorry, to harp on about labels...but are her sunglasses Prada, too? I thought they were the "butterfly" ones at first, but now I think not...they don't have that indent at the side and are rounder...Does anyone have a link to a catalogue photo for these? and the model name?...And at first I thought she looked good in them, but now I think they are too big and she shouldn't be a slave to fashion and wear what is "on trend"...instead she should wear what suits her, which is the rectangular wrap around sunglasses of last season that look so good on her...and that she has about 10 different pairs of...I hope it was a one off purchase and she hasn't replaced her whole sunglasses collection with these...that would be a mistake...

That is all :)

I could be wrong, but I think that they were discussing Mary's sunnies in her accessories thread in the Fashion forum Xeara :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom