Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 1: May 2007 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it is difficult to appreciate items seen in still photograghs I thought it would be interesting to view a few collections via video.

Here are a few from Spring 2007. Some pieces may look lovely on Charlene.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSfEa0uzRQ0"]Valentino[/URL]

John Galliano for Dior *My favorite collection from the Fall 2006/2007 season.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oI-B-REuvs"]Armani Prive[/URL]

John Galliano for Dior
Hi Glittering Tiaras,
I think Charlene would look stupendous in Armani Prive and I think a number of others have seconded thatwith allusions to Armani.Valentino in his White collection is back to circa 1967 and the lines do not suit Charlene's body type exactly JMO. Armani, imo and thanks for that.Clean symmetrical lines and as you know fantastic sartorial cut when sporting it you realize the there is more than simplicity but sheer genius in the exactitude and perfection of the cut.

Well Done Charlene (or Charlene's stylist) a much better choice of outfit. I think the cut of the dress suits her shape much better.

I am still undecided about the hair - it seems to be her favourite evening style at the moment. Always up and smooth - maybe next time a few soft waves and loose bun?

I look forward to seeing her at the Red Cross Ball (if she attends which looks very likely)

is charlene , the first lady he has taken to these outing before ?? because she is going ever where with him now, is that a sign of an engagement ??

must say I think she looks fab !

Last edited:
I think Charlene looked lovely at this year's Red Cross ball. A much better choice than I've seen her wear before.

(Although I am still baffled as to why someone with broad shoulders wears strapless or halterneck gowns.)

Does anyone know if her dress is a designer one and is so who's it is?

Faultless from head to toe

I think Charlene looked lovely at this year's Red Cross ball. A much better choice than I've seen her wear before.

(Although I am still baffled as to why someone with broad shoulders wears strapless or halterneck gowns.)

Does anyone know if her dress is a designer one and is so who's it is?
Miss Wittsock was faultless in attire from head to toe at this year's Red Cross Ball.Her hair should be parted otherwise as her head is not oval enough to take the part down the middle. But the strapless ensemble in white and the delicate ruby and diamond earrings were perfect.
I only wish they had given her a bouquet too as she was a flower so I guess CW did not need it [the bouquet that is]
May they live long and prosper.

Charlene looked quite lovely at the Rose Ball. Although I do have to agree with you, her hairstyle was not her best look.

More photos can be seen here courtesy of Deadline Press.

I agree Charlene looks lovely at the ball but i also thought her hairstyle was simple yet different. What i like about Charlene that she tries new looks/ways of things which is intresting. I agree it wasnt her best look but imo it looked different & neatly done. Imglad she didnt choose a dark color for the evening outfit wise:)

Thats a very nice dress. I too am glad she didn't go for a dark color. The white looks very nice on her.

Vivien Leigh part in the hair

Charlene looked quite lovely at the Rose Ball. Although I do have to agree with you, her hairstyle was not her best look.

More photos can be seen here courtesy of Deadline Press.
Hi Glittering Tiaras,
Cw was lovely and I adored her earrings which I saw up close somewhere.
But the part down the middle in hair is difficult to wear.; attributable look of Vivien Leigh and for a longer more oval face with delicate features as opposed to Cw's chiselled features.CW was more correct in wearing long substantial earrings as they took away from her aquiline nose and made her look delicate and feminine.I think her earrings however saved her ........good show...brava.

I absolutely loved CW at the Ball, I think that is as beautiful as I have ever seen her look. I would kill to have shoulders that beautiful.

As for her hair, normally I do not like a middle part but I think she made it "work" somehow. The chignon in the back was particularly lovely.

From viewing pictures it appears that she has very fine, thin hair. Unfortunately I have the same type of hair only mine is very wavy. It is so hard to manage and style that type of hair without using hairpieces and extensions. Maybe that is why she wears her up swept back for more formal occasions?

Maybe that is why she wears her up swept back for more formal occasions?

Perhaps, but thankfully her and her stylist nixed the idea of wearing her hair down. Ugh, now that would have been disastrous! A beautiful gown like that with that type of textured hair: No.

I believe the next time we see Charlene out and about with Albert she'll knock em dead with another killer ensemble.

YSL's Pre-Fall 07 collection is out (Stefano Pilati did a brilliant job this season) and I would love to see her in some of * these items.

*Look to your left. Select Collections. Then click Women Pre-Fall 07.
:)

I actually thought Charlene's dress was blah for the Rose Ball. It was a nice color, loved the fabric...but it did nothing for her. It did remind of a dress Princess Diana wore a couple of years ago, light blue, when she arrived in Cannes. I will search for the pic.

Charlene's dress reminded me of that dress...but Diana's was more of figure hugging dress. But not in an offensive way. I did love Charlene's jewelry and I agree about her hair...its not that exciting...so she is rather limited. But she is showing improvement...and I think her shoulder's are her best asset...she should always wear dresses (weather appropriate of course) where she can show them off.

No, I certainly wouldn't want a over accessorized mess (no offense to anyone from Reno Nevada).

This is the Diana dress that I am referring to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=91279 .

Every lady has her own individual style, so I am trying to think of someone that Charlene could "model" her style of dress but put her own "mark" on it so it would be a Charlene. None of the royal ladies come to mind (thinking of Letizia, Mary, Maxima, Mathilde, Camilla, Caroline etc.).

Something like this might have worked with her shoulders. ImageShack - Hosting :: 52nl1.jpg Red's not her color though. I like her in a deep purple.

You know who also has nice shoulders (although they can't compare to Charlene's)....Claire of Belgium.

Charlene might able to do something like this [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Last edited:
Hmm, isn't Claire a tad small? Her body frame is tiny compared to Charlene (which I really don't want to compare her to anyone because you know what happens.)

Diana's soft blue silk chiffon gown is nice and would look interesting on Charlene. I would like to see her continue to wear soft colors (her skin is very light/thin looking and cannot handle dark reds and so forth. She'll look too washed out, like death.)

Give me a moment to see if I can find any new up and coming designers that would suit her and her simple, understated style.

Yes, she is a tad smaller than Charlene (in regards to height) but she know's how to work those shoulders!

but she know's how to work those shoulders!

:lol: Everytime I hear that word I cannot help laughing. That word is ruined for me, thanks to this forum. It will never bee the same again. Thanks Royal Fourms.:D

Perhaps, but thankfully her and her stylist nixed the idea of wearing her hair down. Ugh, now that would have been disastrous! A beautiful gown like that with that type of textured hair: No.

I believe the next time we see Charlene out and about with Albert she'll knock em dead with another killer ensemble.

YSL's Pre-Fall 07 collection is out (Stefano Pilati did a brilliant job this season) and I would love to see her in some of * these items.

*Look to your left. Select Collections. Then click Women Pre-Fall 07.

I too am relieved that CW's stylist put her hair up for this occasion. With few exceptions I think an upsweep is best for evening, especially with strapless dresses and especially when one's hair is that kind of texture.

Hopefully CW has put herself into the expert hands of Chanel and we have seen the last of shiny halter tops like the one a couple of months ago. With the right guidance, I think she looks fantastic.

I actually thought Charlene's dress was blah for the Rose Ball. It was a nice color, loved the fabric...but it did nothing for her. It did remind of a dress Princess Diana wore a couple of years ago, light blue, when she arrived in Cannes. I will search for the pic.

Charlene's dress reminded me of that dress...but Diana's was more of figure hugging dress. But not in an offensive way. I did love Charlene's jewelry and I agree about her hair...its not that exciting...so she is rather limited. But she is showing improvement...and I think her shoulder's are her best asset...she should always wear dresses (weather appropriate of course) where she can show them off.

Oh, yes- I remember Diana's blue Cannes Film Festival gown! I thought that dress did not flatter D's figure because she had a rather thick, boyish waist that was accentuated by the fit of her gown. But I did love the color and style.

I agree about CW's style. I think she is improving and hopefully has put herself into the hands of experts. I love her shoulders, I'd show them off as much as possible if I was her!

too am relieved that CW's stylist put her hair up for this occasion. With few exceptions I think an upsweep is best for evening, especially with strapless dresses and especially when one's hair is that kind of texture.

Hopefully CW has put herself into the expert hands of Chanel and we have seen the last of shiny halter tops like the one a couple of months ago. With the right guidance, I think she looks fantastic.

I agree. However, I don't believe Chanel would be a good match for Charlene.

Looking at her body type and understated style (as seen from the recent Rose Ball event) I believe designers such as Proenza Schouler, Alberta Ferretti, YSL, and perhaps Zac Posen would look lovely on her.

We'll just have to wait and see, right?:)

I agree. However, I don't believe Chanel would be a good match for Charlene.

Looking at her body type and understated style (as seen from the recent Rose Ball event) I believe designers such as Proenza Schouler, Alberta Ferretti, YSL, and perhaps Zac Posen would look lovely on her.

We'll just have to wait and see, right?:)

On second thought I think you are probably right about Chanel....I like all the designers you mentioned and I love Armani too!

I love Armani too!

Yes, exactly, I forgot to mention him (although somewhere in this topic I mentioned that she would be a perfect candidate for his Prive collection.) Also, I do believe Charlene would look amazing in some items from Valentino and maybe, just maybe, Emmanuel Ungaro.

Yes, exactly, I forgot to mention him (although somewhere in this topic I mentioned that she would be a perfect candidate for his Prive collection.) Also, I do believe Charlene would look amazing in some items from Valentino and maybe, just maybe, Emmanuel Ungaro.

Valentino would be perfect for her broad shoulder, narrow hipped build! I can't seem to form a memory of Ungaro's style and would have to check out the website for that fashion house.

Honestly, I think Charlene looked very pretty with that beautiful white dress at the Bal de la Croix Rouge. I like simple things and her dress was crisp, elegant and classy. She did a great job with the ruby and diamond earings and the ruby and diamond bracelets. Her hairdo was classy and elegant and she needs to start looking more elegant as the future princess of Monaco. She seemed very sweet, poised and refined. I give her a 10.

Honestly, I think Charlene looked very pretty with that beautiful white dress at the Bal de la Croix Rouge. I like simple things and her dress was crisp, elegant and classy. She did a great job with the ruby and diamond earings and the ruby and diamond bracelets. Her hairdo was classy and elegant and she needs to start looking more elegant as the future princess of Monaco. She seemed very sweet, poised and refined. I give her a 10.

I 100% agree..she looked amazing, the best I have seen her look so far. The white gown against her tanned and beautiful shoulders had an awesome effect, and the ruby and diamond accessories were simply perfect.

Brava!

Hair and Gown

Generally speaking when one's gown is contoured to the body or straight as was Cw's and not wide skirted the rules say to wear ones hair down and when the gown is wide skirted to put the hair up......that is the only faux pas I saw in the appearance of CW at the Ball.
Deo Juvante

Whats with the black coat. Is she a secret agent? Somebody please get this woman a hairdresser, make up artist, and a designer. :yuk::popcorn:

Whats with the black coat. Is she a secret agent? Somebody please get this woman a hairdresser, make up artist, and a designer. :yuk::popcorn:
Have to agree about the black coat and the colour being unbecoming on CW. I mean she does not suit these things like Audrey Hepburn did.Her make up makes her look washed out,pasty or something like at the Ball.I think Cw should cut her hair short and discover a new designer to design especially for her if possible.She is almost thirty and she should know a couple of things about colours & the aesthetics that would be definitive for her by now.No one can do this for her; she has to want it herself and she hasn't got that impeccable taste factor because no one has admired anything which she has worn as yet and she could have had a trademark accessory even going already.Cw's style is still non-descript,flat and one dimensional and she has not studied herself to discover what is best for her.
I do not think she is a Chanel gal at all.
The black gown at the Mandela function did not hold me much by inspiration not did it take my breath away.I would like to see CW in an evening gown with long sleeves.I would like to see her sporting a stole.I wish she would stop sporting black as she looks awful in it because she is too fair for it.
Good Luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom