The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
And really CW is just a basic chick, right? Bracelets and scarves and the other dangle dangle would just trip her up and keep her from jumping as high as she can as fast as she can when Albert snaps his finger
that is very funny
Quote:
There are lots of different shades of white...and very few people can wear pure white. Silk or diamond white (just off white) is the most popular color for wedding gowns. A very fair-skinned friend of mine wore 'oyster' (more on a beige) for her wedding and looked fine...it photographed well. Mine (the wedding never happened though) was called 'candlelight' which was a soft ivory... It's just a matter of finding what works for her and then using that knowledge. Remember, Diana wasn't born a fashion icon: no slips, frumpy "Sloane Ranger" clothes...it wasn't until the late 80's/early 90's that she found her own style.
ok i stand corrected- if she tried a different white it might look better on her than virgin white. imo she wears white to be view as sort of innocence,kind, person called me weird if you like but the color white denotes purity,virgin, innocence. for example a friend told me that if you go to court its better to wear bright & white colors to appear innocent rather than dark colors to be view or give the impression as gulity, weither or not thats true i dont really know.
also, about princess diana the women was so beautiful she could have worn a potato sack it wouldnt have matter to much. because she was so fresh.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

hi jaya and pinklady
do you think charlene pull off wearing a hat?
i think it would be another mess

Old 06-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
yes, I agree with all of that -- CW could have mixed it up a little bit with her accessories. Choosing textures and shades of color requires something a little more than just basic knowing how to match a few colors -- Charlene doesn't have it, imo.

And really CW is just a basic chick, right? Bracelets and scarves and the other dangle dangle would just trip her up and keep her from jumping as high as she can as fast as she can when Albert snaps his finger
What is this sacred "something more" required to chose shades and textures when you have become the "official companion" of PA?The "something more" is required in holding his heart[accomplished evidently] and the shades and textures should not be a brainer that supposedly Charlene does not have.the capability to conjure.
This comes as a unified position requiring knowledge of all aspects{aesthetics and what has been aforementioned} of what Monaco needs because PA is Monaco.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
hi jaya and pinklady
do you think charlene pull off wearing a hat?
i think it would be another mess
Hi semisquare,
That would have to be specially designed for her.[custom made to "fit" her head} I do not think that right now Miss Wittstock can go to the milliner's and know what is what if we are still at the shades and textures and hemlines stages.
Have to wait that out .
Old 06-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, maybe if she would have realy good fashion advisor she would look much better...
Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
I don't think she looked horrible, but I also think she needs to make some major adjustments.

1) The sandals need to GO! She could have worn some cute strappy heels. Not too high so as not to tower over Albert.

2) The "white-on-white" suit. Wedding, anyone? She could have chosen to wear different shades of white together instead of the same blindingly-bright-white all over. Or, thrown in some pastels, or even do a à-la-Mary, use some nuetral tones. Beige, light tan, cream color, bone color. Also, use some other fabric to break up the mono-tone look.

3) The hair. Charlene, dear, what is wrong with wearing a head-band? Or your hair half pulled back? Or in a pony-tail? Or in a chignon?

4) Fine, if she wanted to wear the entire white suit,ok. But add some colored accesories. Bright colored necklace, bracelets, earrings...whatever. Even the bag could have been another color.

Alright, those are my opinions.
You have made some fabulous points but I have not seen a capable sophisticated dresser of "contrasts" in years. excepting "moi" The hair pulled back in a ponytail at the nape with a black chiffon scarf tied as a bow falling to the sides gracefully would be beautiful.
Miss Wittsock would look feminine with a few more contrasts; in contrasts;etc. I find this "basic" thing part of the androgynous body type and the possibility that alas there is no "coquette" therein. But we can hope &be optimistic certainly.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Well, maybe if she would have realy good fashion advisor she would look much better...
Then it would not be her but the fashion advisor and it would be transparent . I prefer she do the process herself as I credit Miss Wittstock with more.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I mean co-operation of her and fashion adviser.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
Keeping things basic is different from retaining the essentiality which Pa deserves as Head of State;Simplicity is different from from simplified practice &this will reflect on Monaco and the confidence of the investors.
Strange I find that Miss Wittsock bears a striking resemblance physiognomically to Cheryl Tiegs the top model of the seventies.It is astonishing to look at their photos side by side.I think the angularities of these Plantagenet features are difficult to highlight but not impossible.No human being is ugly until they do something of the sort.
The second part of your commentary about this being the 'hook' to keep Pa is too trite and I credit him and Miss Wittsock with more.Frankly I think perhaps Miss Wittsock has become complacent with mediocrity which is generationally born.Why must we visit the "Atlantis " of fashion everytime we see this lovely Cheryl Tiegs look alike?
Jaya: again, you are very entertaining! (especially when I can figure out what you are talking about without having to resort to my thesaurus :study: ). If PA as Head of State deserves better, he should ask for it.

Apparently he asks only a few things from ms Charlene, dressing appropriately for certain events is not one of them...

I think CW (regardless anything else) has an ultra basic, ultra simple, unadorned (some might say unsophisticated) way. . The ability to choose textures requires 1) an interest in doing so and 2) some know how. Again, I don't think Charlene has either so she can forget about it. IMO.

If she wasn't into trying to keep Albert's attention (even at the most basic level) she would never have moved to MC, right? (as you know, you are not required to agree, it's ok..)

I give CW credit for some basic things (like not caring about what people say about her, even if she looks like shes been tossed around a few times) but having style and taste is certainly not it. She's a serious junior beginner novice in that department, imo.

If she's training to be Monaco first 'something or other' (because we know she has not been training for the '08 Olympics), she'll get a stylist.

For now, I think CW needs to work on her clothes and her hair because does style matter. And you said it right -- her fashion sense is definitely below sea level so we're starting below basic with her and trying real hard to break the surface - like her or not.

The frequent visits to "Atlantis" with CW clothes and hair is probably because she has all the style and fashion sense of a mermaid.

JMO
Old 06-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Serene Highness

and she wore what i call virgin white again..........in a halter top styles dress with what look to me to be a high waist. can someone post a pic of it please. also, whats up with the white? imo she looks wash out.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Gentry

From Isifa & polfoto

Volley beach Final
halter dress... We can see too much..
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...s_14361083.jpg

Last hight @ ceremony of closure "Small States Games"
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...s_14365443.jpg
Quite nice...
( the black is the perfect color but...this kind of dress is not good for her shoulders shape.. the stole must be weared in order to cover shoulders. Only people with long neck and small shoulders can wear the stole on the neck)
For the first time, classic shoes...

"Try again baby... you are on the right way "

Eleanor Roosvelt
Old 06-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMichelle
From Isifa & polfoto

Volley beach Final
halter dress... We can see too much..
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...s_14361083.jpg

Last hight @ ceremony of closure "Small States Games"
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...s_14365443.jpg
Quite nice...
( the black is the perfect color but...this kind of dress is not good for her shoulders shape.. the stole must be weared in order to cover shoulders. Only people with long neck and small shoulders can wear the stole on the neck)
For the first time, classic shoes...

"Try again baby... you are on the right way "
I have to correct myself... When I saw these photos I tought she was wearing a night dress... but from these photo she is clearly wearing a top with trousers...
closer view of top and purse http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...25_POLFOTO.jpg
Top and trousers
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6..._POLFOTO-1.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...19_POLFOTO.jpg

Eleanor Roosvelt
Old 06-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I have to correct myself... When I saw these photos I tought she was wearing a night dress... but from these photo she is clearly wearing a top with trousers...
closer view of top and purse http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...25_POLFOTO.jpg
Top and trousers
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...19_POLFOTO.jpg[/
Thank you Lady Michele. I could not tell from the other photos what she was wearing. At first it look like a long dress with a huge slit but with these photos I can tell she is wearing pants. I would have preferred that she wear a different top as I don't think the bustier type of top is appropriate for this event unless as you say her shoulders are covered. Also the scarf around the neck as you point out only accents the shoulders once again.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Royal Highness

Ava Gardner meets Sam Giancana

When I saw this I thought it was the Ava Gardner meets Sam Giancana outfit but where is Ava as Frank Sinatra is introducing her to the head of the mob?
Upon closer scrutiny I saw that it is an Indian outfit called a modified "salwar kameez"[pants top,scarf called dupatta and pajama pants]The top has been modified to be strapless with a bit of drape in the cups on the faux bustline which is for nightclub outings.Did we mix up the schedule again happens all the time now?The black scarf[dupatta} at the neck is only for mourning purposes; scarves are generally white or lighter colours to give colour to the face unless worn with bright jewellery.The bared shoulders and heavy arms detract from the possibility of any essential beauty by making a vision of a Turkish wrestler sitting in the stands.Miss Wittsock is not listening.
Black is unbecoming on Miss Wittsock and the outfit is not for the closing of a sporting event but for a disco or a Punjabi bhangra function.Again we got our sequins and perfume mixed up did we?No afarid CW won't be told.
Again CW has no waist but this outfit is inappropriate for the event.The tailor was Punjabi I have suits like that wandering India thousands of them. Another scarf [dupatta] at the neck would have been more flattering.
And it is Ava's dress honey what the devil are you doing in Ava's dress when only Ava can fill that one.And only she can have the admiration of Ernest Hemingway and Sam Giancana at the same time.Miss Wittsock attires for a gypsy memorial festival when all that was needed was a skirt and top.Like trying to kill an ant with a machine gun.
yours for fashion
Jaya
Old 06-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

tube top, halter, tube, tube, halter, halter, halter, tube. she thinks she looks good and has found her style by golly and she's sticking to it. the pants are worse than i thought, i 1/2 way liked it as a long dress (as out of place as it was) i don't have stylists but i have a husband and friends who have no problem saying "are you going to wear that" . who hasn't called a friend and asked what are you going to wear or called the host and asked what was appropriate to wear. its called effort and follow through, in the end i blame albert,he should guide her, he should care people are laughing at her. i don't know maybe he does and she ignores him. all i know is i'll eat my computer sauteed in olive oil with garlic if she ever become a "style icon"..... wait i better take that back considering posh is setting the standard these days.

gypsy memorial service NOW THATS FUNNY
Old 06-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

[quote=hibou]
Quote:
Top and trousers
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...19_POLFOTO.jpg[/
quote]

Thank you Lady Michele. I could not tell from the other photos what she was wearing. At first it look like a long dress with a huge slit but with these photos I can tell she is wearing pants. I would have preferred that she wear a different top as I don't think the bustier type of top is appropriate for this event unless as you say her shoulders are covered. Also the scarf around the neck as you point out only accents the shoulders once again.
I think the outfit is 'interesting'.

not my taste at all actually. I would not have chosen that for her either.

I did not understand why on the last picture, one foot looks covered in black stocking while the other foot looks bare in the shoe? Maybe my eyes are acting up - one foot is flesh color, the other foot has black hosiery. I don't get the leather/ribbon thing on her pant legs either. The criss-cross up the thigh along with the slit legs.

interesting outfit.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
You have made some fabulous points but I have not seen a capable sophisticated dresser of "contrasts" in years. excepting "moi" The hair pulled back in a ponytail at the nape with a black chiffon scarf tied as a bow falling to the sides gracefully would be beautiful.
Miss Wittsock would look feminine with a few more contrasts; in contrasts;etc. I find this "basic" thing part of the androgynous body type and the possibility that alas there is no "coquette" therein. But we can hope &be optimistic certainly.
Dear Jaya,
If and when () Charlene is made the official fianceé/wife of Prince Albert, they really should look into hiring you as her personal dresser/apearance coordinator for life! Bravo chica!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Majesty

Posts with personal conversation have been removed. If you wish to make plans with other posters, please do so via PM. This thread is for discussing Miss Wittstock's fashion and style.

Mandy
Royal House of Fashion Moderator
Old 06-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

made me look twice also lillia, i think instead of a black stocking its the sheer black material hanging over the shoes. it doesn't look like that in other photos. my first thought was black stocking, black tube top, full black, awfully funeraly, but now we know it was a gypsy memorial festival. (i'm sorry but that just cracks me up)
Old 06-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
made me look twice also lillia, i think instead of a black stocking its the sheer black material hanging over the shoes. it doesn't look like that in other photos. my first thought was black stocking, black tube top, full black, awfully funeraly, but now we know it was a gypsy memorial festival. (i'm sorry but that just cracks me up)
yes you are correct. It is clearer in the last picture on the top row

still not my taste at all.

Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories

Closed Thread

Tags
charlene wittstock, fashion, style