The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Aristocracy

It is my opinion that if Prince Albert has genuine intentions of making Charlene Wittstock his princess in the future and even if he is just in the process of considering it, it is his duty to instruct her and help guide her in the best way possible. This woman obviously needs a lot of guidance in order not to make her look <removed unroyal word> unpresentable to the society he is part of. I am upset at him for not showing her how to appear presentable in public and he is making a mockery of her and himself by not instructing her before she leaves the palace. This woman obviously needs a lot of polishing and he is the one to find advisors who can help her look dignified and classy. Shame on him for not instructing her on how to dress when she is presented to society as his official companion. Poor Charlene, she looked very trashy and would probably would have looked beautiful with a little help from her royal companion.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMichelle
Even though I don't like the color/material of the dress, she looks nice here, even though it looks call-girl ish. The woman in black next to her is wearing a body baring dress, but she carries herself much better.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983
It is my opinion that if Prince Albert has genuine intentions of making Charlene Wittstock his princess in the future and even if he is just in the process of considering it, it is his duty to instruct her and help guide her in the best way possible. This woman obviously needs a lot of guidance in order not to make her look trashy and unpresentable to the society he is part of. I am upset at him for not showing her how to appear presentable in public and he is making a mockery of her and himself by not instructing her before she leaves the palace. This woman obviously needs a lot of polishing and he is the one to find advisors who can help her look dignified and classy. Shame on him for not instructing her on how to dress when she is presented to society as his official companion. Poor Charlene, she looked very trashy and would probably would have looked beautiful with a little help from her royal companion.
Excellent point and well said. You have to wonder if Albert and his staff is making any effort to help Charlene fit in in some of these occasions. Private time between the two of them and black tie galas she does okay (her taste isn't mine but to each his/her own), but it seems to be these "in-between" functions that present a problem (much as "business casual" does for many people).
Old 05-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
no class, I'm sorry . and that's not an outfit you wear whn you are the guest of a head of state. she looks like a waitress, very las vegas show girl.
a little bit 'waitress' - true I agree. I know I would not have chosen those shoes that's for sure - but ok, shiny halter dresses and glittery stiletto is her taste at the moment. Aside from the shine, I don't think the dress itself is all that bad, but she could have done a little better. She needs to make friends with someone that has more refined fashion sense (I mean that in a nice way)

CW looks like she's got the Monaco tan going pretty well. She seems to be fine (shiny and all) and he keeps inviting her places...

So then as long as CW keeps that up, she'll be fine with Albert because he's into waitresses (the mothers of his 2 children were 'waitress' - NC was a waitress on an airplane, TR was a waitress in some restaurant somewhere). Just what he likes.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Nice color on her. She seemed to go for the Greek Toga look with that dress.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Gentry

yes...

I agree nice color on her..

But i noticed that her face is not very good... she is only 29 years old... but she looks like my mother that is 46 years old...
She should do something for her skin...

There is also a nice pic http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...a/74343997.jpg

captation: Oh no....i forgot my breast... again.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

Same purse, same shoes (?) as fashion show. Don't like the dress though the colour is fine. Looks like she forgot the other half of her haltertop ....
Old 05-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
There is also a nice pic http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...a/74343997.jpg

captation: Oh no....i forgot my breast... again.

The caption topic is over here, in the Royal Chit Chat sub-forum, if you chose to participate and say something that is actually funny.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really love the dress especially the colour.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Administrator

I love the colour and the dress but not on her. They do nothing for her IMO. I thought that purple was a great color on her and the halter top showed off her shoulders...which IMO is a great body feature if done right. And yes, because she is a swimmer she does have broad shoulders...she shouldn't down play it..the purple enhanced it.

This dress while lovely would look better on someone with a different body type.

I would also imagine her skin looks older because of the amount of time spent in the sun. I hope she has been a believer of sun block.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness

T-strap lame sandals

The Greeks wore "chitons" & the Romans especially the senators wore "togas." Historically, there is no such thing as a Greek toga.The Spartans wore red capes [a certain shade of yellowed burgundy].
Miss Wittsock has an indescribable glow on this gala evening.Her smile is enigmatic.She is quite radiant.She is wearing T-strap lame silver sandals.There is something more here...
Old 05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Aristocracy

Now that's more like it! Charlene looks very pretty for the gala dinner. Although I am not crazy about the dress, the color is beautiful and flattering. She looks worried she is going to step on it. Her hair and make up look very nice also. She has been in Monaco since the beginning of May, her longest stay so far. This is getting serious. I think he is waiting for her to finish her olympic dream next year to marry her. However, I have noticed her in the company of so many men while waiting for Prince Albert. Let's face it, he is 20 years older than her, a billionaire and a prince, but still, 20 years older. Let's hope they can remain faithful to each other around so much temptation. Charlene is young enough to be able to bear children and give Monaco an heir to the throne. After next year's olympics, there might be wedding bells.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Same purse, same shoes (?) as fashion show. Don't like the dress though the colour is fine. Looks like she forgot the other half of her haltertop ....
It looks like it wasn't properly fitted but it is an attempt at making her look as though she has a bustline- they really did a poor fitting job on the dress. Also she is wearing too much make up - very much from the 1980's TV show dynasty.The style of the dress looks like they tried to combine a Halston with a Mme Greg? (Jaya is that correct?) or perhaps Vionnet? Also something is off in their body lanquage. I have to say that I preferred her dress from last year. Thanks for the pics Lady Jennifer!
Old 05-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
I don't think she was wearing too much makeup. To me it appears like she is wearing only a bit of makeup. Very subtle.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

My only complaint about her is she needs to have her hair done up before she puts a long dress on or pulled back into curls or something. Her shape allows her to wear about any style she wants just some aren't as flattering as other choice's.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The color of the dress actually suits her.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Royal Highness

Madame Gres

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou
It looks like it wasn't properly fitted but it is an attempt at making her look as though she has a bustline- they really did a poor fitting job on the dress. Also she is wearing too much make up - very much from the 1980's TV show dynasty.The style of the dress looks like they tried to combine a Halston with a Mme Greg? (Jaya is that correct?) or perhaps Vionnet? Also something is off in their body lanquage. I have to say that I preferred her dress from last year. Thanks for the pics Lady Jennifer!
Hi hibou,
Miss Wittsock's gown is correctly addressed to the right shoulder as all of Madame Gres's gowns were adhereing to the Hellenic style.One of Princess Grace's favourites Madame Gres contacted the female silhouette as an homage to Phideas & Praxiteles[previously she was a sculptress].hibou, you seem to know my closet has some of her creations there.She draped and sculpted on the classical form with her flamboyant imagination; her motto to us was "Elegance is a permanent state of grace."
The difference between Miss Wittsock's gown and those of Madame Gres is that she worked primarily in silk jerseys and white silk chiffon with gros faille linings.Later she worked in colours but primary colours.From the shoulders or shoulder to the waistline the torso was intricately draped; from the waist down the form was free flowing.I have suits and a dress by her also.
Halston on the other hand addressed the shoulder from the left if I am not mistaken which is the shoulder of the Egyptians and the sari.Vionnnet's Euclidean mind freed the form through her complicated bias cuts[which entail using triple the amounts of materials]but Miss Wittsock has not worn anything of her aesthetic yet.
Excluding the colour, drape Miss Wittsock's gown was closest to derivation from Madame Gres.The great lady did advise us with white and pale shades to wear gold accessories and with black silver; but not exclusively.
I think Miss Wittsock will be looking fabulous in any colour if she is always as radiantly emanating from within as she was at the gala dinner.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:25 AM
Courtier

Some people may not agree with me but I think Charlene looked lovely, especially liked the colour of her dress. A (possible) princess in the making whether we like it or not. Albert definitely wants her at his side (I should add "for the time being") at least.

Stella
Old 05-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Serene Highness

I have actually found a vintage dress that has a similar top part. It looks nice there, but it is better when it is fitted more figure hugging.Midcentury

There are quite a few dresses on this site that would have been more becoming for her IMO (stylewise) On this page there is one using similar fabric, but I think the blueone would have been stunning Midcentury

Tags
charlene wittstock, fashion, style