The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-02-2015, 12:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think this room is part of Andrew's private apartment.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2015, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Ten fascinating facts about Buckingham Palace | The Royal Mint Blog

Old 08-09-2015, 03:08 AM
Nobility

Another Buckingham Palace room to identify please?

http://i61.tinypic.com/2upz4zl.jpg
Old 08-13-2015, 01:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by joye View Post
Another Buckingham Palace room to identify please?
This is the white drawing room at Windsor Castle. The room where the Queen holds most of her Windsor audiences.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:41 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

From Warren's Collection...

"Headquarters of Taste: Early-Victorian Interiors of Buckingham Palace"
Author: Delia Millar
Source: Country Life
Published: December 4, 1986

Old 09-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

9 facts about Buckingham Palace

Facts about Buckingham Palace that you should know | History Extra
Old 11-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Protesters have sparked a security alert after clambering on to a roof at Buckingham Palace and refusing to get down.

Two men bypassed security and used a ladder to climb on top of the Queen's Gallery, on the edge of the estate off Buckingham Palace Road, in a protest over fathers’ rights.

Police were called at about 4.30pm but officers remain in a standoff with the men, having so far been unable to persuade them to get off the roof.
Read more: Police in standoff with protesters on top of Buckingham Palace roof | London | News | London Evening Standard
Old 11-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

Wow, that's certainly the right way to show that dads should be trusted.... Way to worsen your cause and destroy for others!
Old 11-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness

No matter the justice of their cause [and undeniably they are rightly aggrieved] this stunt will do it no favours. Actually they are not on the roof of the Palace proper, but on the roof of the Queens gallery, which is separate and lower, but adjoined..

In any case there will be red faces, and questions asked..
Old 11-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

A nitwit on the roof of BP holding a banner that says 'I am Harry's Dad'

https://twitter.com/TheBlueEyedBat/s...61777657020418
Old 11-29-2015, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

LOL. This going beyong the ridiculous! How many hours have they been there?
Old 11-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

I'd leave them up there for a while - they'll soon come down as it's so cold, windy and rainy here at the moment. I never ceased to be amazed at how easy it appears for people to bypass the supposedly tight security around the palace.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I'd leave them up there for a while - they'll soon come down as it's so cold, windy and rainy here at the moment. I never ceased to be amazed at how easy it appears for people to bypass the supposedly tight security around the palace.
Yeah, that scares me more. I mean.. yes, this is not the palace itself but they are joined and someone could use that way to get to the palace part...
Old 11-29-2015, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't they know about the palace's roof needing fixed? They could easily fall right through 😉 BP should go the way of the WH after people kept going on the WH lawn and start releasing the police dogs at the intruders. Some attack corgis, ma'am 👑

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

There is a video of them getting onto the roof (I think in the Daily Mail article) and it a way its hilarious that they literally just put a ladder against the wall and climb up while other people just wander past.
Obviously its not funny, but as we know the Queen is not home so it can't be that bad we can look on the lighter side.
I'm hoping that the police are confident that getting onto the Queen's Gallery roof won't allow someone to get into/onto BP proper. Given that there is a history of this same cause getting onto the main balcony of BP after which security was supposedly put in place to make sure it couldn't happen again I would like to think/hope its a case of this looking worse that it actually is.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I visited Buckingham Palace in October and through the Potemkin-like facade it was visible the building was in serious need for an intensive restoration. I saw broken rooftiles, moulded parts on the exterior, crumbling stones, I saw a poor lighting plan, dusty chandeliers, guilded ornaments which have lost lustre and damaged carpets even. Any politician nagging about the costs should be forcex to make a sightseeing and look how reality is in Buckingham Palace.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

A couple of men climb the roof of BP pretending to be workmen.

The roof needs repair so tell them to get to work or else pay an entrance fee for visiting BP and for 'special' access to the building.

Since they stayed passed closing hour they should be force to pay for two days. If they stay overnight, charge them rent, entrance fees and fines.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:04 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
A couple of men climb the roof of BP pretending to be workmen.

The roof needs repair so tell them to get to work or else pay an entrance fee for visiting BP and for 'special' access to the building.

Since they stayed passed closing hour they should be force to pay for two days. If they stay overnight, charge them rent, entrance fees and fines.
Or better yet. Call their mothers and tell on them and have them come and discipline their children.

These men obviously don't have a clue how to get a message across and things that adolescents would do for attention is not the way to go.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Activists who climbed onto a roof above the Queen's Gallery inside the grounds of Buckingham Palace, have come down. In a protest about fathers' rights one of the men held a banner saying: "I am Harry's dad. They scaled the roof of the Queen's Gallery, a public art gallery at Buckingham Palace, at around 3.15pm on Sunday afternoon-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Blair froze the civil list for over a decade. Much needed repairs are just getting underway under The Sovereign Grant

Quote:
Buckingham Palace’s state dining room has been closed over safety fears after a routine survey found problems with a ceiling beam.

Official functions due to be held in the ornate room will be moved to other locations with the palace while access to the room is suspended.

Other adjoining rooms, including the ballroom and the picture gallery, are not believed to be affected.

A spokesman for the palace said: "As the result of a routine survey, an issue was found with one of the ceiling beams in the roof space of the state dining room.

"Following further assessment, access to the room has been suspended."
Read more: Buckingham Palace state dining room closed over ceiling safety fears | London | News | London Evening Standard

Tags
castles, homes, palaces, residences, royal residences