William and Harry: Contact with Foreign Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^
But they are treated by the press as celebrities not royals, you only have to see who are their friends. IMO I'm sure that the queen would not be happy if her grandchildren would go out with them.

Today a "royal expert" of the German TV-channel "RTL" said that Harry is invited to Victoria ´s wedding and therefore could meet Madeleine, blah, blah....
I can´t remember to have ever seen William or Harry attending a royal wedding in another royal house. As far as I know "only" Edward and Sophie attend those festivities. Does anybody know if Harry is indeed invited?
Sorry if this question was discussed before but I´m not very often in the Harry and William-thread.

Prince Charles has attended some royal weddings.
It's very very doubtful that Harry will attend, there have been rumours about William attending but as he's out of the country when the wedding is taking place, it's unlikely again.
Prince Charles and The Duchess Of Cornwall are attending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Victoria, Haakon and Frederik are rumoured to be like brothers and sisters. They all very close, Victoria is the youngest, and Frederik the eldest I thing.
Madeleine is the same age as William, but if we're counting Crown Princes/s then yes Victoria is closest.

Well thats the press that treats them that way. They do there fair share of royal events, just about as much as William and Harry I think. I understand what your saying about them looking like celebrities and not really royalty, but due to the fact of where they live Monaco the heart of billionaires and celebrities it's undoubtful that they would sort of mould to the celebrity lifestyle. :)

So all that is needed is someone to count someone as royalty. Once again, I have to reiterate, they are NOT royalty and there is no way that someone´s opinion is going to change that. But I am sure you don´t talk to anyone at Le Rosey about their titles I´ll give you that. :D

What's Le Rosey? Asks Russo the clueless.. . .

So all that is needed is someone to count someone as royalty. Once again, I have to reiterate, they are NOT royalty and there is no way that someone´s opinion is going to change that. But I am sure you don´t talk to anyone at Le Rosey about their titles I´ll give you that. :D

No it isn't just somones opinion that makes them royal, i could think your royal, but as far as I know, you aren't. ;)
You can reiterate it as many times as you like, but that isn't going to change my opinion, that I still class the title Serene Highness as royalty, yes I know the trio don't have the title, but the are descendants from someone who did. If we talked about everyones titles we would be there a long long time. :)

What's Le Rosey? Asks Russo the clueless.. . .

A private education school in switzerland attended by quite a few royals. There is a thread about it in the TRF.

I was hoping this Harry and Madeleine thing wouldn't get out of hand. It's silly and stupid. The media loves to play matchmaker.

Prince Charles usually attends weddings. I'm also pretty sure Harry and Will isn't going to be at Victoria's wedding. I would like to see Queen Elizabeth attend a wedding other than the Brit royals every now and then:).

Isn't it true that Victoria, Frederik and Haakon speak on the phone on a regular basis? If so perhaps they are close because they are all from scandinavian countries.

:)Yea they are really close. They seem too have a good time when around one another. I probably shouldn't say this, but I always thought Victoria and Frederik would have made a cute couple. Too bad they have their own countries to run....:)

Isn´t there a saying, "A dog can be born in a stable but it doesn´t make him a horse".
The title Serene Highness is not royal and nothing in this world except marriage to a royal is going to change that, but I can see logic and reasoning will get me nowhere so be happy thinking the way you do, but people who really mix with royals or serenes certainly know the difference.

Okay I'm a little lost here. I thought they were all royals. Even with the Serene title.

^^
IMO the problem is not because of the titles (at least for me) but how they are treated by the press and other royals. They are minor royals and how all the family has behaved has not helped their cause.

I think we are going to get deleted :lol:

I was of the belief as well that a Serene Highness was royalty, the same as a Royal Highness, the only difference being rank. I say that because I was reading a biography of Queen Alexandra (consort to Edward VII) and she was described as coming from a "minor royal house" and she was a Serene Highness, then a Highness and then a Royal Highness when her father was named heir to the Danish throne.

So what do you think Sister M. are Harry and Williams friends with them or not?

So what do you think Sister M. are Harry and Williams friends with them or not?

With whom, the Casiraghis? I don't believe they are, no. I don't know if they've ever even met them, much less know them well enough to say they're friends, as opposed to acquaintances.

I was of the belief as well that a Serene Highness was royalty, the same as a Royal Highness, the only difference being rank. I say that because I was reading a biography of Queen Alexandra (consort to Edward VII) and she was described as coming from a "minor royal house" and she was a Serene Highness, then a Highness and then a Royal Highness when her father was named heir to the Danish throne.

I have always thought they were royalty. If they weren't why are houses like Luxembourg and Monaco discussed in The ROYAL Forums? :ermm:
I stand by what I say, that they are royals.

^^
They are royals, who can deny that?. But I doubt that they are friends with H and W

We must also remember that Frederick, Haakon, Victoria, Felipe, Willem-Alexander etc are Crown Princess/es and William isn't and mightn't be for another 15 or so years, by which time one or more of the above might actually be monarchs making those of equal status to William their children. Charles mixes with them more because he is the same status - the Crown Prince.

Princess Caroline, Princess Stephanie and Prince Albert are all royal but the children of Caroline and Stephanie aren't royal. The same as Peter and Zara Philips aren't royal - my source for that comment is Princess Anne who said that her children weren't royal they just had the Queen as a grandmother.

HSH and HRH are both royal titles. Anyone in a royal family without that isn't royal - so the children of the Dukes of Gloucester and Kent and Prince Micheal and Princess Michael also aren't royal even though though their parents are.

It could also be the British royal family not being too close to other royal families. I've noticed that whenever there's a wedding or funeral or major function involving numerous royals, the Windsors either don't show up or send one of their lesser royals, like Edward and Sophie to the event. Even Queen Elizabeth II does not go to major weddings, while the other monarchs do. It's like the Windsors think they are better than the other royals. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I get that impression. After all, they are behind in the times unlike the others (ie, heirs marrying commoners, monarchs being hands on).

The Prince will make many friends with the Royals of many other countries, as he attends many Royal events.

I've noticed that whenever there's a wedding or funeral or major function involving numerous royals, the Windsors either don't show up or send one of their lesser royals, like Edward and Sophie to the event. Even Queen Elizabeth II does not go to major weddings, while the other monarchs do.

I've noticed the same thing, but don't have a theory as to the reason. I don't think William and Harry have been much in the orbit of the continental royals. When Madeleine of Sweden moved to London in 2002, she was asked about William and said something like "He seems nice. I've never met him."

It's been reported in the news that Prince Harry has become a good friend of Prince Seeiso of Lesotho through their shared interest in assisting Africans in need, but Seeiso is almost old enough to be Harry's father.

I think Charles did not attend to the royals Belgian & Norwegian weddings, at least I do not remember ...
Because the royal Danish wedding, Charles not to attend.
Edward & Sophie attend to royal Danish wedding.

I think Prince Charles attended Felipe and Letizia's wedding:).

The Casiraghi's are royalty
Could we put an end to this please.
The Casiraghis are not royalty in any sense of the word.
They may be considered as such on fan sites and in trash mags, but not in any medium that deals in facts.

thank you.

Warren
British Forums moderator

I think Charles did not attend to the royals Belgian & Norwegian weddings, at least I do not remember ...
Because the royal Danish wedding, Charles not to attend.
Edward & Sophie attend to royal Danish wedding.

I think Prince Charles attended Felipe and Letizia's wedding:).

He attended the Spanish one (which was only a few days after the Danish one) and Wilhelm and Maxima in 2001 and the Belgian one in 1999.
Prince Edward and Sophie attended the Danish one, The Netherlands one and the Norwegian one. :)

^^
Thanks for the info! So they are invited, imo they should go at least P.W as he will be king. But as P. Charles is still the heir, I think that P. W won't go, as the normal thing is that Charles goes with Camilla. And I doubt that he wants Camilla's come out overshadowed with PW attendance.

And I am a woman!:flowers:

Camilla's come out? You mean attending a royal wedding with Prince Charles I presume.
Seeing as William is out of the country on the date of the wedding (FIFA World Cup in South Africa) doubt he'll be attending.
As for Harry, i think he'll be with his brother.
IF Charles and Camilla attend, it will be wonderful for Camilla to mix with other royals, but it's not like she hasn't met them before.

^^
Well, but not outside UK (I think?). So imo it could be called her come out. And even if it wasn't they would still overshadowed by PW so he would still not go.

And if as you say they have another appointments they will not go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom